HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Gary Binnie, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 07:32 PM
Late for work again!
Northampton, England
Joined May 2004
1,850 Posts
Discussion
The UK modelling industry

After 75 miles on a motorbike to collect a Tx battery, fibre glass cloth and laminating resin (from three different shops) I started wondering how much harder can it get for UK modellers.

It's a mail order world nowadays but I do like to see the goods before I spend the cash. The more it costs the more I want to see it.

I spoke recently to the last surviving major UK kit producer (Chris Foss) and business was so slow that he was considering giving up. I don't know what Flair are up to, their website has been static for two years or more. Cambrian seem to be just going but are advertising a 135 model (BF 109E) with just one photo and minimal details, come on guys.

All a great shame.

What bothers me is that young kit/scratch builders are non-existant now but these guys would be the engineers of the future, it worked for me.

As long as I have got plans, pins, balsa and white glue I should be ok!

Gary
Gary Binnie is offline Find More Posts by Gary Binnie
to remove ads between posts