HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 24, 2009, 02:21 PM
Joined Feb 2003
418 Posts
Discussion
Which is greater Proboat blackjack 26 brushless of proboat formula fastech brushless

which should i get
mortonj69 is offline Find More Posts by mortonj69
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2009, 02:26 PM
KC8WPF
Euclid, Ohio, United States
Joined Sep 2004
3,723 Posts
Get both of them, you can use the second as a rescue boat.
CG Bob is offline Find More Posts by CG Bob
Old Apr 24, 2009, 04:05 PM
Joined Feb 2003
418 Posts
i have the proboat mini c with brushless mod and it flips a lot

which of the 2 boats

fastech or blackjack are less likely to flip ?
mortonj69 is offline Find More Posts by mortonj69
Old Apr 24, 2009, 08:29 PM
USA, OH, cambridge
Joined Sep 2001
1,003 Posts
A friends highly modified Blackjack 26 is a very fast,stable runner... It has a Feiago bl motor with a Fullers flex drive/aluminum strut setup. Very fast on 2 2600 TP light v2 4 cell packs. A Octura M445 is the prop of choice. This made the boat able to leap out of the water. Had a X437-3 blade on it until we tried the M setup.
We modified the mini cat from ProBoat to the same level as the larger 26. A Mega 16-15-3 turning a X427 on a 3 cell Tp 1320. Great runner.We used Octura drive parts in the mini.
Frank
fgroza is offline Find More Posts by fgroza
Old May 06, 2009, 03:33 PM
United States, IL, Orland Park
Joined May 2009
46 Posts
No experience with the Formula, but from my limited experience with the Blackjack, it's squirrely. It's overpowered with 5000MAH LIPO packs and I'll be darned but two out of two runs the thing has torque rolled on me.

I don't know about handling at speed... Never got that far. Doh!

Now it's down with a broken outdrive.
mickvk is offline Find More Posts by mickvk
Old May 07, 2009, 09:50 PM
Woodridge, IL
Joined Apr 2009
11 Posts
I've been loving my Fastech. It's super stable and handles great at high speeds. The BJ26 will be able to make much tighter turns at low speeds because of the steerable drive system where as the Fastech needs a bit of speed to turn sharply. Conversely, I'd say the Fastech can take sharper turns at high speeds than the BJ26. One thing I really like about the Fastech is that I've barrel rolled mine three times now and it always rolls once and stops right side up so it's never gotten stuck upside down and it'll just keep going.
Jubei is offline Find More Posts by Jubei
Old May 08, 2009, 12:51 AM
Joined Feb 2009
152 Posts
Jubei,
Do you think that it is setup that way? Can you show a pic of the inside of your boat?
I have a shockwave 26, and when it flipped, it stayed upside down. Although, I think I didn't have the batteries velcro'd down good enough, so they probably flipped to the top of the boat, in return not letting it roll over. But I'm not sure.
Darkcracker is offline Find More Posts by Darkcracker
Old May 10, 2009, 05:36 PM
Woodridge, IL
Joined Apr 2009
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcracker
Jubei,
Do you think that it is setup that way? Can you show a pic of the inside of your boat?
I have a shockwave 26, and when it flipped, it stayed upside down. Although, I think I didn't have the batteries velcro'd down good enough, so they probably flipped to the top of the boat, in return not letting it roll over. But I'm not sure.
I'm pretty sure that the Fastech is just set up that way. I haven't even added velcro to the batteries to help keep them down, they just seem to stay put. You really have to get the Fastech going and take a hard right turn into some chop to get it to barrel roll, I think the centrifugal force actually helps hold my non-velcroed batteries in place while giving it the inertia to spin all the way back to right side up. I do add a little putty around the hole in the hatch that the antenna sticks through to keep the antenna from pulling out if I barrel roll. I recently lost my digital camera so I can't show you any pictures but I can tell you that there is a piece of foam glued to the top for the front of the hull, that the high speed and the relative round shape of the top of the hull is what I think makes it roll so well.

Check out the picture for an idea of where the foam is placed, glued to the upper part of the front of the hull.
Jubei is offline Find More Posts by Jubei
Old May 10, 2009, 09:27 PM
PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2008
457 Posts
i ve never had probs blackjack26 only batteries getting fried but i solved that by getting the mode chip and using lipo batteries which can fed the amps that the nicad or nimh batteries cannot and i use high timing i never rolled it it even in very rough conditions guys learn how to drive the boat in it means i even wave jump oh yeh put the batteries in front of the motor not on the sides gives better handling and u don't get water or grease spray on batteries use velcro.....and bring it in on first cutt off ....i've run my bj26 for 2 years and use it 2 times a week and steal going strong without fixing anything...................
ferral is offline Find More Posts by ferral
Old Apr 22, 2011, 08:21 AM
USA, MA, Framingham
Joined Nov 2008
22 Posts
Salt

I visit a place on a protected atlantic cove. I plan to use this in the salt water ocean. I plan to fresh rinse with a hose and a big cooler when I come in to charge or quit for the day.

Do you guys have any experience with this sort of boat in the ocean and what additional problems might I be overlooking?

thanks guys
TSky28 is offline Find More Posts by TSky28
Old Apr 22, 2011, 08:30 AM
I feel the need for speed!
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
I'd love to see the Fasttech run in waves, its a great boat, just rinse it all out VERY well. It will be a blast for you!
scorpion1 is offline Find More Posts by scorpion1
Old Apr 22, 2011, 11:51 PM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
2,970 Posts
PB actually listened to what the FE community was saying on the BJ. The new 2.4 Blackjack comes with the new 2.4 radio but most importantly NO MORE STEERABLE OUTDRIVE!!!!!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=PRB3300S

I like the BJ26s, I have had 2 of them lol
Diesel6401 is online now Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Old Apr 23, 2011, 09:09 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,791 Posts
About time! They had the strut and rudder upgrade for sale for a while now.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons