SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by PLD, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 10:22 PM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Australia, QLD, Charters Towers
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
Neil,

It'd be on the 433MHz band and it's rather low powered output. Additionally it'll be extremely low duty cycle for its on time (about 0.1 seconds on, 3 seconds off). Lastly, it'd only activate if you either force it via the transmitter, or if it sees a loss of servo pulse.

Paul.
PLD is offline Find More Posts by PLD
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2009, 09:31 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
Oh dear, I didn't realise it was a long weekend (Monday holiday for us here in QLD). Now I'm caught out with a bunch of stuff that I was hoping to have arrive on Monday to get more work done *sigh*.

Guess instead of electronics this weekend I'll just be cutting software source code (C no less). It's interesting, I love doing electronics and model-design/build/crashing but sadly in the end it's the more stressful job of maintaining a medium sized server application that really keeps me afloat.
Old May 07, 2009, 01:24 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
Mountain models order just arrived. More deans-mini connectors, CG balancers and a DL50 left ... probably won't last more than a day or two before it's snatched up

Neil, I've got you DL50 boom too btw.

Paul.
Old May 08, 2009, 01:35 PM
De Chelonian Mobile!
Wilmington, Delaware, USA
Joined Jul 2006
232 Posts
Arachno-terror?

Is Charters Towers seeing any of those giant venomous spiders that are showing up over in Bowen? Do they eat model airplanes as well as birds?

I'm glad those buggers are on *your* side of the world...

-- Walt
leipold is offline Find More Posts by leipold
Old May 08, 2009, 09:54 PM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
I think the media went a bit wild with that one. There's probably a couple of dozen that have been spotted out and about. The use of "giant" in the title probably was referring more the apparent size, as opposed to the severity of the spread

For me, I'm more worried about those damned mosquitoes - dengue fever is rather annoying (bed ridden for two weeks *bleah*).
Old May 09, 2009, 07:29 AM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,779 Posts
I think it was Billy Connolly who said something like, "He was fascinated by Australia, everything that moves is out to kill you."
jj604 is online now Find More Posts by jj604
Old May 09, 2009, 07:31 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
It's not far off from that at times, or at least seems that way :| Even the flies conspire to kill us when eating dinner. Try have a steak with a nice sharp steak knife, flies come along *wave/swipe* and before you know it that "But wait, there's more!" steak knife is spinning through the air about to find its target
Old May 12, 2009, 10:56 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
Adding to the visiting critters photo album, here's the one that managed to slip in tonight.

(Also, the spider seems to be growing rapidly larger... saw it again several times today).
Old May 19, 2009, 05:10 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
The IRM's are now available for normal sale on the NQRC site.
Old May 19, 2009, 09:22 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
Oh yes, got myself some more calibration goodies, picked up a 0.01% accurate 10K resistor, eg, it'll be between +/-1 ohm of 10,000 ohms. Fairly pricey little blighters but the make for excellent references and if you get a couple of them you can start to do fairly accurate divisions, ie, say you have a 10V 0.02% precision voltage reference but you need a 5V output, you can get two of the 10K units in series, apply the 10V across them and the junction in the middle will give you 5V out +/-5uV variance.

Something one really needs to keep locked away, away from temperature extremes and damage. When I measured them on my multimeter I was showing 10,001R, so that's good to see

Paul.
Old May 19, 2009, 09:28 PM
Next time I'll ARTF...
Canberra, Australia (Southside)
Joined Feb 2004
4,634 Posts
Package arrived - cheers Paul.

G
glydr is offline Find More Posts by glydr
Old May 19, 2009, 09:30 PM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
Graham,

Glad to hear it. Hope there's enough random bits in there for you, certainly the mainshaft should be good for the task. I do still have some of the heavier grade tailbooms if you ever need them too.

Paul.
Old May 19, 2009, 09:39 PM
Next time I'll ARTF...
Canberra, Australia (Southside)
Joined Feb 2004
4,634 Posts
Yup - should keep me going for a while.

Perhaps I'm lucky - I've never done a tailboom - blades, yes, but still on the original tailboom.

Will order one if I ever kill the standard.

G
glydr is offline Find More Posts by glydr
Old May 19, 2009, 09:47 PM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jul 2006
52 Posts
Just checking out your new site , thanks due to the heads up in your e mail news letter that has just come in .
Great idea .... you sure do deserve to do well ..... keep up all those great projects of yours .... and all the very best mate .
Cheers
Ray
up_ya_go is offline Find More Posts by up_ya_go
Old May 19, 2009, 11:48 PM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
Hey there Ray, thanks for dropping in.

Today I'm nursing a very sore pinky finger after I managed to drop and subsequently catch (badly) one of my electronics projets, drove a pair of those jumper-pins right into the first knuckle join (palm side) the whole way in, was an interesting sight. Looks a lot like a spider bite.

Trying to come up with more new ideas to expand the electronics section a bit more. . . . so many choices.

Paul.