SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by PLD, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:35 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,774 Posts
OK, Paul. Time to get out the buckets and chuck the water over the fence. Oops that won't work - it's the neighbours that the water is coming from.

Seriously, glad the wind turned out to be manageable. Here's hoping with the rain.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by pldaniels View Post
Have been rather fortunate, the cyclone degenerated very quickly after crossing the coast and didn't carry through as a cat-2 as projected. Of course, now the next part is the one that causes the most trouble... the rain depression. The last time we had a rain-depression we copped about 250mm of rain and the workshop was flooded along with the house.
jj604 is online now Find More Posts by jj604
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2010, 05:47 AM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,774 Posts
So, how did you fare, Paul? Any damage. See the current forecast is for showers and sunny from Tue.

John
Old Mar 23, 2010, 08:45 PM
winds light to variable
Joined Apr 2009
989 Posts
Hey Paul . . . hope you're high and dry up yonder.

You may wish to consider filing this in your 'survival plans for life in the sub-tropics' drawer.

Here is an early seventeenth century lithograph of a Peruvian balsa raft.

I have a set of 1:1 scale plans and an assembly DVD - swap you for a DLG partial kit.

You should be particularly well placed to source the primary building material. Lots of space for a water-proof deck-house to save all those delicate electronics . . .

. . . and the way our species is behaving these days, it might be prudent to prepare for the 40 days and 40 nights business

reference: Spillbergen, J. Van. 1619. Speculum Orientalis Occidentalis que Indiae navigation. 1614-18. Leiden.
Kookaburra is offline Find More Posts by Kookaburra
Old May 08, 2010, 07:34 AM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,774 Posts
Paul, you may not have seen it so thought I would let you know. Your PLD-BAC-004 features in the review of the Blaster 2 F3K DLG in the current (May) QEFI.

Hyperflight supply them to use in the glider.
245 for a chuck glider - wow!
Old May 08, 2010, 07:59 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Australia, QLD, Charters Towers
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
John,

This I did not know about or see... great to know... now I better make even MORE of them.
PLD is offline Find More Posts by PLD
Old May 08, 2010, 08:01 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
Damn, can't get my hands on that - not at the local news stands either
Old May 08, 2010, 08:25 AM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,774 Posts
Paul, see email shortly.

BTW HyperFlight website at www.hyperflight.co.uk is showing them as Out of Stock.

John
Quote:
Damn, can't get my hands on that - not at the local news stands either
Old May 08, 2010, 08:40 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
John,

Hyperflight is one of my resellers, yes. They received a batch of BAC-004's a couple of weeks ago... probably need more... but I'm slipping in production and I've run out of wires fortunately I've got an emergency stock of 100 looms coming next week but that'll get used very quickly while I wait for my real stock of 1000 to arrive.

Paul.
Old May 08, 2010, 09:15 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
John,

Did that email get away? Hasn't turned up yet... probably the greylisting in effect.

Paul
Old May 08, 2010, 09:24 AM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,774 Posts
It's coming... it's coming...

(Bloody Windows 7 and scanner incompatibility problem)
Quote:
John,

Did that email get away? Hasn't turned up yet... probably the greylisting in effect.

Paul
Old May 08, 2010, 09:25 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
Oooooh -that- operating system

send it off to my gmail address ( pldaniels at gmail .... com )
Old May 08, 2010, 09:29 AM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,774 Posts
Now sent to both addresses. Hopefully one will arrive.

BTW How do you get the "Privately Moderated" forum. Is that a vendor thing? Would love to be able to manage a serious forum discussion where you could keep the idiots at bay.

John
Quote:
Oooooh -that- operating system

send it off to my gmail address ( pldaniels at gmail .... com )
Old May 08, 2010, 09:32 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
John,

Yes, the privately moderated thing in this case is due to it being a vendor section. I suppose they've decided that there's a little too much risk of competitor-shills coming in and leaving some less than appeasing messages.

I've noticed that some other threads can be privately moderated as well, the 'blabber' thread on the Australian section is one such, though I do believe that's because it's a 'sticky' thread.

Paul.
Old May 08, 2010, 10:00 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
Okay, that was 'short but sweet', probably a good thing though, it means the device did its job and stayed out of the way

Thanks for sharing that John.
Old May 24, 2010, 09:24 PM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
Just as I was starting to get back on a good roll again with the business, life throws me another curveball.

About the last 10~12 weeks I've been having a constant low-ebbing pain in my spleen area, well finally I got it checked out and it seems I've got something causing my spleen and liver to enlarge, hence the pain (stretching of the capsule/sac that they reside in). What's truly interesting is that my poor wife is enduring the same.

So, to cut a long story short, I'm back on the ropes again a bit but I'll still keep plugging away at the orders, they just might be delayed a couple of days here and there due to having to go into Townsville for tests etc (like last week and tomorrow).

Sorry about this folks - if there were other people running the shop with me it'd not be so bad but this one is all done by me at the moment.

Paul.