HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 04, 2009, 12:13 AM
Upland, CA
Joined Mar 2007
574 Posts
Zipper, Michaels box and instructions and all are on recycled product, and the box takes the 3 piece setup quite well. I brought my fully built (broken down) plane 140 miles to Weasel fest in the box it shipped in.

I do like the minimalistic packing you used on the Wasp.

Ben
swoof is offline Find More Posts by swoof
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2009, 12:19 AM
Original Jackass
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Feb 2008
1,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoof
Zipper, Michaels box and instructions and all are on recycled product, and the box takes the 3 piece setup quite well. I brought my fully built (broken down) plane 140 miles to Weasel fest in the box it shipped in.

Ben
On a motorcycle none the less! An impressive feat and a tribute to the kits' packability.
Alex May is offline Find More Posts by Alex May
Old May 04, 2009, 01:32 AM
Jim in San Diego
Joined Nov 2002
4,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoof

Ben
Ben, did you end up going to Ruins on Sunday? I'm sure we would have saw you and that blue box if not :}

I've been showing off my box (and Wevo too). Nothing but great impressions. Just think the feedback I'll get once it's built. Maybe by next WF knowing me

Jim
Pismo is offline Find More Posts by Pismo
Old May 04, 2009, 01:58 AM
Upland, CA
Joined Mar 2007
574 Posts
Jim about 20 minutes or so after you guys left the wind picked up (around 3:15 or so). I stuck around to watch more flying then about 4 or so I took off for the long ride home. The way my eyes were watering it was a long long ride home, lol. I had a great time though .

Ben
swoof is offline Find More Posts by swoof
Old May 04, 2009, 11:37 AM
United States, CA, Simi Valley
Joined Feb 2008
258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfimp
Surely you're not out $150? A new Wevo kit is $68 and a battery is about $10. Really you should be able to just buy a new center section and be on your way. If you could've found the nose piece all you'd need is some Goop, as noted above.

Re: combat... any untaped plane is not going to stand up well to a lot of full contact abuse, especially when you consider most combat wings are in the 20oz. weight range... significantly more kinetic energy. If you plan on playing "smash 'em and crash 'em" definitely take the necessary precautions... strapping tape nose, wing and fin leading edges, cover the plane completely with Ultracote or tape, be prepared to find parts that break off...

Steve
Ok not a total $150, but the left servo (toast), the left wing (shark bite), the nose (gone), battery (gone), plastic cover (smashed). Yes the kit is $68 plus the flight pack $68. Salvage one servo, and my receiver. Pretty damn close. I wasn't trying to combat the weasel. I built it as a lite fun flier. Invert, rolls, limbo... I was just having fun with my new Evo, when I was smashed by a Ridge Raider. I never intended on playing smash em and crash em with the the combat wings. But try telling that to a bunch of guys that just see movement and attack. Other wise I would have fiber taped the weasel down and covered it.
Greygoosegregg is offline Find More Posts by Greygoosegregg
Old May 04, 2009, 12:11 PM
Purples a fruit
Walnut Creek
Joined Aug 2006
1,279 Posts
i'm building mine as a one piece. have both wings and servos gooped in. hope to get it complete today.
punkrockd is offline Find More Posts by punkrockd
Old May 04, 2009, 12:47 PM
Joined Nov 2004
1,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIPPER
Is that the colour of the box?
Lol :-)
julianb is offline Find More Posts by julianb
Old May 04, 2009, 02:42 PM
Jim in San Diego
Joined Nov 2002
4,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greygoosegregg
Ok not a total $150, but the left servo (toast), the left wing (shark bite), the nose (gone), battery (gone), plastic cover (smashed). Yes the kit is $68 plus the flight pack $68. Salvage one servo, and my receiver. Pretty damn close. I wasn't trying to combat the weasel. I built it as a lite fun flier. Invert, rolls, limbo... I was just having fun with my new Evo, when I was smashed by a Ridge Raider. I never intended on playing smash em and crash em with the the combat wings. But try telling that to a bunch of guys that just see movement and attack. Other wise I would have fiber taped the weasel down and covered it.
Sorry about the loss GG. Sounds like from your previous posts you'll have it back together albeit a tad heavier I still don't get the math of the whole thing but understand that if you wanted to get a plane that was exactly like you started flying with that day you'd probably be out close to that much. Hazards of flying...sort of.

Remember, never EVER be afraid of telling someone you'd like to avoid contact. The safe assumption is if there's foam in the air people will assume contact is something to not worry about.

How about those pictures? At least we should get $150 worth of enjoyment from your pictures. J/K!

Jim
Pismo is offline Find More Posts by Pismo
Old May 04, 2009, 02:59 PM
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
19,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greygoosegregg
But try telling that to a bunch of guys that just see movement and attack.
That's a bummer, man, sorry to hear it

I guess I'm lucky, local flyers are not so "sharky". You're welcome to come back and visit anytime

Steve
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp
RCG Plus Member
Old May 04, 2009, 03:11 PM
North Hills
Joined Nov 1999
6,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfimp
I guess I'm lucky, local flyers are not so "sharky".
cough, cough...

From experience I can tell you that you can rip a Weasel in half, glue it back together and it will still fly just fine!

Pete
shark bait
SchiessCo is offline Find More Posts by SchiessCo
Old May 04, 2009, 03:15 PM
Composites Kid
Lima, Peru
Joined Jul 2008
3,122 Posts
Hey Steve!

How's it going?

Been a long time since I last saw you on the forums.

Alex,
Who needs a weasel
Alex.Schweig is offline Find More Posts by Alex.Schweig
Old May 04, 2009, 07:20 PM
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
19,978 Posts
@SchiessCo: what I meant was other local flyers. I meant no representation about my, ahem, proclivities...

@Alex: Thanks! I have had a long break but WeaselFest has lit the fires again. Should have my new Wevo flying pretty soon. Doing something a little different with the wing magnets and will post about it when I get the opportunity.

Steve
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp
RCG Plus Member
Old May 04, 2009, 07:45 PM
Aerobatics!
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Nov 2007
2,173 Posts
This could have been discussed already, but do we know anything more about the Alula? The website said it should be arriving "Summer of 09" and that's pretty vague. Will it be injection molded as well? I'm more interested in the Alula because I'm living in the mountains and a durable HLG is much more efficient and fun than anything else.
JGAF is offline Find More Posts by JGAF
Old May 04, 2009, 08:30 PM
Purples a fruit
Walnut Creek
Joined Aug 2006
1,279 Posts
got my weasel built, not pretty yet just built it to play with it, hoping to fly today but as i get to shell ridge it starts sprinkling. i thought i wouldnt care. till i looked up and saw the winds were blowing the rain horizontally. figured i wouldnt like that since i have no goggles. i ended up buying some of the tool dip spray. i've yet to use it. figured i'd tape the wing and spray the LE.

i feel like a kid waiting for xmas, only the weather.
punkrockd is offline Find More Posts by punkrockd
Old May 05, 2009, 12:06 AM
I want my MoM, again!
Concord, California
Joined Jul 2004
354 Posts
Man on Man Wevo's

Shell Ridge..... Hey we fly there once in a while! We currently have seven new Weasels in the club and are thinking or doing some one type man on man racing with them. I'll post when it all comes together. Could be fun.

Barry
Barry_DVRC is offline Find More Posts by Barry_DVRC