SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 04, 2009, 02:11 PM
EXTREME FLIGHT's Avatar
United States, GA, Cumming
Joined Feb 2004
2,330 Posts
OK, but 4S is the intended set-up. Simply ballistic!
EXTREME FLIGHT is offline Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2009, 02:28 PM
Test your skills....fly IMAC!!
sun.flyer's Avatar
Swanton, Ohio
Joined Feb 2005
7,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben-Rod
2818-900? Wasn't it the 2814-820 on 4s?


Ben Rodriguez
Ben,


A 2818-900 on 4s with a 12 x 6E prop seems to be the ticket on this plane.

Looked really great at SEFF. Lee and Chris did an excellent job of flying them this past weekend.

Tim
sun.flyer is offline Find More Posts by sun.flyer
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2009, 02:52 PM
Live to fly
bighead93's Avatar
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT
The aircraft will ship with spacers to allow either motor to be used.
What motor will require the spacers? In the video (Flightpass) what size 4S were you using and what is the expected flight times? Thanks,
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCX racer
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2009, 03:11 PM
EXTREME FLIGHT's Avatar
United States, GA, Cumming
Joined Feb 2004
2,330 Posts
The 2818/900 uses the spacer as it is shorter than the 2814/820.
Both Lee and I were using the FlightPower 4S 2550 Eon Lite and were getting 10 minute flights. I've also been flying with the Zippy Rhino 4S 2350 ($40)with great results.
EXTREME FLIGHT is offline Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2009, 03:15 PM
Live to fly
bighead93's Avatar
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT
The 2818/900 uses the spacer as it is shorter than the 2814/820.
Both Lee and I were using the FlightPower 4S 2550 Eon Lite and were getting 10 minute flights. I've also been flying with the Zippy Rhino 4S 2350 ($40)with great results.
Just what I was looking for...any advantage running the 2814T/820? I too have a bunch of the 4S Rhino's 2350 and your right they work great. Could you get away with running the Thunder Power 2600-2700 4S too? Hey great job on the sticks...I must have watched the Flightpass video a dozen times
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCX racer
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2009, 03:21 PM
EXTREME FLIGHT's Avatar
United States, GA, Cumming
Joined Feb 2004
2,330 Posts
I have a couple of the TP 2600 and 2700s and they are a great choice too.
The 2814 is a great choice as well, but no real advantage over the 2818. Anyone that saw the Extras fly at SEFF can attest to the amaizng vertical performance of the 2818 powered EXP.
Thanks for the compliment. Lee and I had a blast flying these things at SEFF. Must have put 20 flights a day on each one and always left the flight line with a big smile.
EXTREME FLIGHT is offline Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2009, 03:41 PM
Live to fly
bighead93's Avatar
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT
I have a couple of the TP 2600 and 2700s and they are a great choice too.
The 2814 is a great choice as well, but no real advantage over the 2818. Anyone that saw the Extras fly at SEFF can attest to the amaizng vertical performance of the 2818 powered EXP.
Thanks for the compliment. Lee and I had a blast flying these things at SEFF. Must have put 20 flights a day on each one and always left the flight line with a big smile.
The performance in the video is AWESOME...the verticals are ballastic! With the 2818 and the AB45 you don't need an additional BEC? When can I order

BTW, loved those backward harriers on the flight line!!
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCX racer
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2009, 04:17 PM
EXTREME FLIGHT's Avatar
United States, GA, Cumming
Joined Feb 2004
2,330 Posts
No additional BEC needed.
We will open pre-orders when we return from the Joe Nall fly-in in 2 weeks.
EXTREME FLIGHT is offline Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2009, 04:37 PM
Live to fly
bighead93's Avatar
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,557 Posts
Can't wait!
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCX racer
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2009, 09:49 AM
Registered User
CHICAGO, IL
Joined Nov 2005
179 Posts
48" Extra EXP?

I checked the web page of EX. FLGT. could not see any info on this unit?
Ed
EAGEL1 is offline Find More Posts by EAGEL1
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2009, 09:53 AM
Live to fly
bighead93's Avatar
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGEL1
I checked the web page of EX. FLGT. could not see any info on this unit?
Ed
I hear it is a couple of weeks away
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCX racer
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2009, 09:56 AM
Registered User
CHICAGO, IL
Joined Nov 2005
179 Posts
Hey Big'h'

How do you think this compares to the 47" Extra SHP? Too soon to tell?
Ed
EAGEL1 is offline Find More Posts by EAGEL1
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2009, 10:08 AM
Live to fly
bighead93's Avatar
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGEL1
How do you think this compares to the 47" Extra SHP? Too soon to tell?
Ed
From the video's I have seen...this EXP looks INSANE! Has almost 80' of throw on the Elevator...wild tumbles and snaps I have the Extra SHP...but from the looks of the EXP, this is a whole different animal! The SHP is a gentle 3D plane IMO. The SR is better because of the airfoiled tail. I can't wait to fly the EXP...this Extra is going to ROCK!

PS: Also like the fact that this Extra (EXP) has a unique look to it...different from the other Extras offered right now. Where is the order button?!
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCX racer
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2009, 10:53 AM
Registered User
txfly's Avatar
frisco,tx
Joined Oct 2003
1,911 Posts
hey Chris, we need you to chime in on the 78" extra thread
txfly is offline Find More Posts by txfly
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2009, 11:09 AM
Registered User
Chichester Sussex
Joined Aug 2007
2,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighead93
From the video's I have seen...this EXP looks INSANE! Has almost 80' of throw on the Elevator...wild tumbles and snaps I have the Extra SHP...but from the looks of the EXP, this is a whole different animal! The SHP is a gentle 3D plane IMO. The SR is better because of the airfoiled tail. I can't wait to fly the EXP...this Extra is going to ROCK!

PS: Also like the fact that this Extra (EXP) has a unique look to it...different from the other Extras offered right now. Where is the order button?!
Have you got any links for video's of this I haven't come across any anywhere
Witterings is online now Find More Posts by Witterings
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article Extreme Flight 48" Vanquish Review matchlessaero 3D Flying 64 Sep 02, 2014 06:12 AM
Discussion Extreme Flight RC Extra 300E sd2602 3D Flying 75 Jan 30, 2012 04:04 AM
For Sale Extreme Flight 50cc Extra 300 RTF Flyinrazrback Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Jan 24, 2009 06:11 PM