HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:38 PM
Smokin out the pits!!!
Kelowna, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2008
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty10 View Post
Now That's Cool Geno. I do like the green but it's a bad color for visibility for me.
If you look at Geno's avatar I think you'll understand why green wont bother him ... lol . He could probably run park fly receivers in his planes cause he is always so low and close!!! Welcome to the forums buddy!!!
HELLFIRE989 is offline Find More Posts by HELLFIRE989
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:38 PM
One of "Those guys"....
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Feb 2013
315 Posts
Added some white decals to help that problem
xxGenoxx is offline Find More Posts by xxGenoxx
Old Feb 09, 2013, 05:15 PM
Yin & Yang
United States, VA, Sterling
Joined Jul 2011
4,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxGenoxx View Post
Good Idea
I just fly my Yellow one
Liberty10 is offline Find More Posts by Liberty10
Old Feb 09, 2013, 05:18 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,284 Posts
Quote:
Welcome aboard, Geno!

White seems to brighten the whole plane up. I put white SFGs on one of my blue MXS and it lit the thing up.
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:44 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty10 View Post
Tom,
Cool pilot heads for sure. I got a question for you. I have a new 48 Extra on its way here. I have a 70A ESC coming and the MF 2820-750KV motor. I'm not sure what servos I want to put in it yet. I really like the savox 255mg on the elevator in my edge. Could not for the life of me get a good KE spin until I put it in actually, now they are really sick when I hit it right. What servos do you run on your other surfaces. I was looking at the HS-5065 but since the savox worked so well in the tail I'm thinking maybe try them on the ailerons and rudder. Spec wise the high speed 0257mg looks OK but your setup may help me decide.
thanks
Alan
Yupp. I run the SH-0257MGs on my ailerons and rudder with the 0255 in the elevator and they're awesome! They're the same price as the 0255s which makes them cheaper and faster than the 5065s.

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:46 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,585 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, green planes with black look awesome... but they need some white to show up any in the air. That looks really good!

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:49 PM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
Yupp. I run the SH-0257MGs on my ailerons and rudder with the 0255 in the elevator and they're awesome! They're the same price as the 0255s which makes them cheaper and faster than the 5065s.

--Tom K.
I have the same motor as Alan coming, LOVE Motrofly, and going with Tom's recommendation of the Savox servos.

Cant wait to receive my 300 airframe, build it and give you my report having owned and flown quite a few 3D airframes.
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
Last edited by gabrielisrael; Feb 10, 2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:27 AM
One of "Those guys"....
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Feb 2013
315 Posts
I just ordered a bunch of 0255 today....can't wait for my 300 to get here....should be here in and week and a half
xxGenoxx is offline Find More Posts by xxGenoxx
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:52 PM
fly low, fly fast, fly 3d
United Kingdom, England, Luton
Joined Dec 2011
565 Posts
you will be very happy with it its awesome
nathan100 is online now Find More Posts by nathan100
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:24 PM
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,393 Posts
Quote:
I just ordered a bunch of 0255 today....can't wait for my 300 to get here....should be here in and week and a half
Where did you order from?
3flyguy3 is offline Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:52 PM
Smokin out the pits!!!
Kelowna, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2008
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3flyguy3 View Post
Where did you order from?
He ordered them from Savox usa!
HELLFIRE989 is offline Find More Posts by HELLFIRE989
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:13 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Jan 2012
1,762 Posts
Hey everyone So I got my EF Extra out the box and the kit is so well done! Everything was in perfect quality. One thing I especially liked was that all the holes are cut out, like the wing tube hole and incident holes.

Now I've had a bit of trouble with the installation of the MKS DS95s. First thing is that the servo slots must be expanded (I've only done the ailerons so far). It's not a huge amount but is still significant. Once you cut the wood enough to get the servo in you'll notice the servo will wobble a bit forward and back. Because of this you will have to be very careful in screwing the servos in as if you get it wrong there won't be enough wood each side for the thread. Unfortunately I completely messed one of them up and the thread has come out of the wood if you see what I'm saying. Instead of sticking the servo down with CA I've put a LOT of hot glue around the wood, not only on the screw I messed up but on all the screws, more for security but also so it all looks symmetrical, haha! I must say I've done a pretty poor job here. One other thing I've noticed is that the DS95s gears sound like they're scrunching. I can't work out whether it's just the way they turn or I've somehow shredded them. The thing is both servos feel fairly similar when turning them so maybe it's just how they feel I'm not keen on taking them out firstly due to the cost of a replacement but also due to the fact that scraping off all the hot glue will be a bit of a pain. But hopefully I'll do the rest of the build well, haha!
RCPilot1234 is offline Find More Posts by RCPilot1234
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Best of Blackout
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:32 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
Joined Jan 2012
1,762 Posts
I just had a look at the DS95s a bit more, and even though they seem to get a little bit jolty with manual turning, if you turn them through a servo tester they're as silky as butter Maybe I have nothing to worry about! If I find this DS95 + Kontronik + Hacker setup works well I'll definitely get a spare airframe and build that one up the same! I feel like this is going to be an airframe that MUST be in the hangar

I'm hoping to have this plane ready in about a week
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:29 AM
It's gone...
Joined Aug 2004
5,139 Posts
I never manually turn a servo. My experience is that is a good way to break them.
_OZ_ is offline Find More Posts by _OZ_
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:50 AM
Pilot Francis 😄
Joined Jan 2012
1,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OZ_ View Post
I never manually turn a servo. My experience is that is a good way to break them.
Little bit too late for me now, haha! But thanks for telling me I remember my friend said something once that it can damage the neutral point or something like that.
RCG Plus Member