Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:38 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jul 2007
721 Posts
Discussion
My new Traxxas E-Revo Brushless Edition Monster Truck (5608)

No upgrades, stock..... but it's already a very decent monster truck! My first Traxxas car - liking it!

carrotcake is offline Find More Posts by carrotcake
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:53 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jul 2007
721 Posts
OH the upgrades --- don't have money for them yet...and I can't see anything that I really need to upgrade unless you're racing it I guess but maybe the servos, steering link, wheelies, stiffer springs (stocks are fine btw).

The RED TRAXXAS TUBES™ FOR E-REVO look really cool but the stock shinny silver steel Push Rods/Links are already very durable and look okay

Here is a very boring video of me running in the Truck the other day (Gears, Slipper and etc), Traxxas support suggest me to take it easy on the first 2 runs to run in the moving parts FIRST, then tighten other parts (like the slipper clutch) as needed. It's very smooth now and I have finely tuned the truck as much as I know how to like the steering links (replaced to use the max servo limit brace, I found it was too limited on the amount of steer you can have with the original setup), camber, alignment, Pivot ball caps (pain in the butt to get them right tightness), check screws tightness, lubed the center gears and pinion , thread locked the wheel nuts and etc...

My new Traxxas E-Revo Brushless Edition Monster Truck (5608) (1 min 53 sec)
Last edited by carrotcake; Apr 20, 2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:32 PM
Joined Aug 2004
35 Posts
I got mine a few weeks back. I love mine as well and after having running it a few times now I really don't see anything to upgrade. I babied it for a bit not wanting to break anything but since have had many hard crashes and the tail fin which I thought would break right away is still strong. It actually keeps the body from crashing when it rolls over. Awesome truck - having too much fun.
Zipper Head is offline Find More Posts by Zipper Head
Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:34 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jul 2007
721 Posts
hey, that sounds great man! Cheers! Post some pics/videos if you have a chance
Old Apr 22, 2009, 10:57 AM
Powered by ThunderPower
United States, FL, Cocoa
Joined Sep 2001
4,197 Posts
Beautiful truck man! This will probably be my next RC vehicle to ride along with my brushless Maxx and Stampede VXL. Would like to see a video of it going full speed. Is that 6S you are running?

Chachin..
Chachin is offline Find More Posts by Chachin
Old Apr 22, 2009, 11:45 AM
Toronto, Canada.
Joined Mar 2009
41 Posts
Awesome truck, grats! I am picking up the revo 3.3 myself. My planes are electric, but something about cars just compels me to go nitro. Let see some speed footage!
zarfilg is offline Find More Posts by zarfilg
Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:32 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jul 2007
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachin
Beautiful truck man! This will probably be my next RC vehicle to ride along with my brushless Maxx and Stampede VXL. Would like to see a video of it going full speed. Is that 6S you are running?

Chachin..
Sounds Great man! I really hope you get this truck - doesn't hurt to have more ERBL fellas here for tips and advices!

Yes I'm running Two 3s lipos - 3300 mah 30C rating....these are the only 2 lipos I have right now (that matches in terms of Rating and MAH) to power the E-Revo.

I'm going at about half throttle in the video - not too too bad, abt 30 mins run time Lots of torque (may need to change gearing later - but using stock setup for now)

Once the weather gets better here in Toronto I will do a FULL run and post on Youtube
Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:35 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jul 2007
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarfilg
Awesome truck, grats! I am picking up the revo 3.3 myself. My planes are electric, but something about cars just compels me to go nitro. Let see some speed footage!
Thanks bro

Sure no problem, I want to do a FULL run too!!!!! but was just running in my E-Revo and checking out the alignment, suspension and all......had someone near by that would take a video for me so I just did it...didn't plan for it anyway because it would be boring see this truck not at full speed....also the ground I picked was bad....but anyway, glad I made the video so at least have something to look at for now
Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:38 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jul 2007
721 Posts
BTW Castle Creations didn't BS when they said about temperature control mostly lies within motor/ESC design and efficiency -- not by merely adding an extra fan or two to decrease the temp by like 1 or 2 degrees! My MMM was just a tiny tiny tiny tad warm right after my run
Old Jul 28, 2009, 11:56 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jul 2007
721 Posts
anybody has the 5000 3s 30C Flightmax lipo? Just want to see hwo they perform.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 07:28 PM
Joined Feb 2003
418 Posts
lovely
mortonj69 is offline Find More Posts by mortonj69
Old Jul 28, 2009, 10:50 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jul 2007
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortonj69
lovely
Thanks Just ordered blue alum. front and rear shock mounts going to put them on later and take photos

looking at Proline Bandland tires and Jconcept Rulux 1/2 offset and 1/2 up yellow wheels.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:40 AM
Guyana
Joined Dec 2006
182 Posts
carrotcake, i will be getting that battery within a week, i will use it in a stampede vxl and let you know how it goes!
Pravesh is offline Find More Posts by Pravesh
Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:55 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jul 2007
721 Posts
Pravesh, Yeah, please let me know Thanks!

I also did some work on my ERBL (5608) - I am getting the blue alum. GPM front and rear shock mounts (on route in mail).

Also I have 20, 21 and 22 pinions and 54, 58 and 62 spurs. What combination do you think I should use with the 3s 5000mah 30C FlightMax Lipos? Mostly for normal bashing - nothing "extreme"

FYI: Front Gold and Rear Black Springs

Well, here are some pics..

*** Ok, you see that little blue wheel nut? that's the nut I think they should include in the kit. Other wise you'd see the screw sticking out and it's not secure.

**Please let me know if I've done something wrong!!!!! or if any adjustments seem incorrect! Thanks!
Old Nov 27, 2009, 10:53 AM
Joined May 2008
104 Posts
Wow this car is so nice.... whats the ground clearance???? please reply
RCfriend2296 is offline Find More Posts by RCfriend2296