HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 31, 2003, 09:01 AM
United States, AR, Fayetteville
Joined Jan 2003
880 Posts
GWS SS, How Do You Know When. . .

How do you know when the little GWS SS motor has given up the ghost? It is still running, but I think that performance is somewhat limited. In fact, I just bought some 7 cell 1000mah 2/3 A nimh packs, and I must say, I was thoroughly diappointed. I had previously been running a 6 cell 600 mah nicad. I expected a big increase in performance as many of you when you bought these packs. I hate to think that the investment into these packs from bydusa was a bad move. I am looking for something else to blame it on, if possible .

Any help or thoughts?

Thanks,
bugleboy
bugleboy is offline Find More Posts by bugleboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2003, 09:23 AM
Captain Carnage says......
Seminole (St Pete.), Florida/ Seminole Crash Fest
Joined Jun 2002
5,329 Posts
hi Bugleboy

how many flight do you have on the motor already? and what is the average duration?

i can tell if my motor is going when it won't sustain inverted flights anymore on a 7 cell 600 ae pack or an 8 cell HECell pack

in about 50 or so 15 minute flights i have to replace the motor

although with the SS i just fly it till the motor actually seizes then install the new one

Chuck
AirWarriorBelgy is offline Find More Posts by AirWarriorBelgy
Old Mar 31, 2003, 09:58 AM
United States, AR, Fayetteville
Joined Jan 2003
880 Posts
I have been getting about 5-6 minute flights or so on the 6c 600mah nicad pack. It has had a lot of flight, but I really don't know how many. It may be approaching 50, but I really don't think I have had quite that many. Then again, I haven't been counting .

bugleboy
bugleboy is offline Find More Posts by bugleboy
Old Mar 31, 2003, 11:45 AM
Captain Carnage says......
Seminole (St Pete.), Florida/ Seminole Crash Fest
Joined Jun 2002
5,329 Posts
it could be getting near the end of its life then

i would order a new motor and have it ready as a stand by
in the meantime fly till she spits out a brush

Chuck
AirWarriorBelgy is offline Find More Posts by AirWarriorBelgy
Old Mar 31, 2003, 05:21 PM
I'll have the roast duck
oakland, ca
Joined Jun 2001
296 Posts
Yea, I didn't keep track, but one day it just quit. Opened up the end bell and... no brush!
maximus is offline Find More Posts by maximus