HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 12, 2001, 12:50 AM
H2OFLY
Portland Oregon USA
Joined Feb 2000
2,509 Posts
Can one end-point adjust the throttle on a Futaba 8UAF?

I have not been able to get the rpm from the motor on my x-250, and was advised to check the end-point adjustment of the throttle.

I have a Futaba T-8UPF (FF-8 in Europe, I believe is the designation). I went through the Futaba manual, then the Don Edberg manual, and do not see any way to increase the throttle travel...or did I miss it?

Thanks,

Terry
temacc is offline Find More Posts by temacc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2001, 01:03 AM
HobbyKing
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2001
4,507 Posts
Terry, unless I'm mistaken you just need to go to the ATV screen, this is the first thing that appears when you enter the basic menu, then using your cursor buttons, scroll through until you find the throttle ATV, in which case you adjust with your data input buttons(+,-)

You adjust the low end with the throttle stick all the way down. To adjust the high end move the stick to full throttle position. and adjust from there.

The screen has 100% / 100% the side that flashes is what is being modified. The left side is the low end with the right being full.

The factory presets should be at 100% for both, that and your speed control should self adjust (unless its older)

I hope this is what you're looking for, BTW my RV-8 that I've told you about is framed up, with one wing built as well. It is getting a Jeti Phasor 30-3 motor in it as well.
Paul Susbauer is offline Find More Posts by Paul Susbauer
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 12, 2001, 08:07 AM
Destin, FL USA
Joined Nov 2000
558 Posts
Hi:
You can adjust the 'travel' on the throttle channel just like any other, up to 140%. If you have a problem, Email me direct. I set mine all the time for my 'wet' planes that have a servo on that channel.
Regards,
Bob Stewart
BobStewart is offline Find More Posts by BobStewart
Old Jun 12, 2001, 10:29 AM
H2OFLY
Portland Oregon USA
Joined Feb 2000
2,509 Posts
I had assumed that 100% meant 100% (!)

But I went to ATV and changed the 100% to 140% on the right side of the screen, then tested the motor. No change in top rpm.

Being naturally observant, (and good-looking, too, and modest) I noted that the arrow on the throttle was where it belongs, on a Futaba Tx - on the bottom. Then I thought that maybe that would reverse the high and the low end...so I changed the 100% on that end to 140% also.

Darn! No change. I guess I have a motor that just likes 6,800 rpm while most of the others will do a good 7,200, or more.

Tammies Hobbies opens at 10 am; I will have to invent some chore that takes me past there today. A water break-in and I will be set - but being a pessimist, I will check the rpm before flying.

I do Not think I will use WD 40, though. If I want flames, I will paint them on!

Thanks for your help,

Terry
Old Jun 12, 2001, 09:25 PM
HobbyKing
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2001
4,507 Posts
Terry Why don't you just drop in one of the new Jeti Phasor Motors into the x250. Tammies has both the 15/3 and 15/4 in stock. I got the 30/3 for my RV-8.
Paul Susbauer is offline Find More Posts by Paul Susbauer
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 13, 2001, 12:14 AM
H2OFLY
Portland Oregon USA
Joined Feb 2000
2,509 Posts
I don't know much of anything about the Phasor motors...and hate to buy something that doesn't work.

Aren't they designed to work efficiently without a gearbox? Or is that the Actro...or both? I want to turn a 9 inch prop around 7,800 or 8,000 rpm - and not pull more than 11 or 12 amps at full throttle.

Is there any test data out there? Anyone had much experience with them? My knowledge of "real" electronics is too slim for me to look at the data and know what the motor is capable of.

Terry
Old Jun 13, 2001, 09:21 AM
Destin, FL USA
Joined Nov 2000
558 Posts
Hi:
No surprise that you didn't get more RPM. A good controller is designed to go from 0 to 100% 'on' over the normal range.
Regards,
Bob Stewart
BobStewart is offline Find More Posts by BobStewart