SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:25 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
923 Posts
Hey guys I am using the HK stabilizer V2 in my Funjet Ultra and I can't seem to get it right. The servos are moving correctly in their Delta configuration but it seems the gyro only corrects roll on one servo and the pitch on the other servo?? I cant get both servos working together in stabilizing. Any tips would be awesome. Tyia
WhalleyB0Y is offline Find More Posts by WhalleyB0Y
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:52 PM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
United States, NJ, Point Pleasant Beach
Joined Mar 2009
1,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalleyB0Y View Post
Hey guys I am using the HK stabilizer V2 in my Funjet Ultra and I can't seem to get it right. The servos are moving correctly in their Delta configuration but it seems the gyro only corrects roll on one servo and the pitch on the other servo?? I cant get both servos working together in stabilizing. Any tips would be awesome. Tyia
Can your stabilizer mix delta wing?* If so, is it on?

*You can't use delta mixer in your radio, the mixing needs to happen post-gyro.
Gedexas is offline Find More Posts by Gedexas
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:33 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedexas View Post
Can your stabilizer mix delta wing?* If so, is it on?

*You can't use delta mixer in your radio, the mixing needs to happen post-gyro.
Thanks, It was the radio. I had to remove the delta mixing in my Dx8.
WhalleyB0Y is offline Find More Posts by WhalleyB0Y
Old Dec 24, 2012, 07:40 AM
Gorilla Glue Expert
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Sep 2010
2,871 Posts
Howdy.

Sub'bing.

And MERRY CHRISTMAS!
PikeStaff is offline Find More Posts by PikeStaff
Old Dec 24, 2012, 04:56 PM
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Dec 2008
1,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
Did you read the gyro page at mycoolrc?
http://www.mycoolrc.com/gyro/indexnew.html

Did you watch the vids?
Hello Melnic,

i watched your vid "setting up gyro for airplane."
It was very usefull, thanks fo the very helpfull vid
But i have a problem , maybe you can help me.

I have a GAZ-126 gyro for my ailerons and set it up as in your vid explained for rate mode on my DX8 GEAR switch 30% and 0% ( =light of gyro is just off with subtrim) ,
it is working just fine , but what i detect is this:
- the travel adjust setting on my DX8 for ailerons is on 100% ,
-and i have set the Limit pot on the gyro to approx 80% for aileron servo max deflection of 60 degrees.
i notice that only 50% left and 50% right of the aileron stick is only working for 100% deflection of +/- 60 degrees of the aileron servo

i measured with a turnigy servo meter the pulswidth of the gyro receiver channel
a pulswidth from 1700 to 1300 usec for a max deflection of the aileron servo and measured at the gyro servo output a pulswidth of 1920 to 1110 usec
the receiver channel aileron output pulswidth goes for aileron 100% stick movement from 1920 to 1030 usec .

so when i set the aileron travel adjust on the DX8 to 50% which gives a pulswidth of 1700 to 1300 usec then i can use the max 100% stick movement of the aileron stick for max servo defection of 60 degrees

is this a normal behaviour?
I have tested 2 GAX-126 gyro's and both behave the same

thanks in advance for answer

gyro is for the ailerons on my Antonov AN-124 wingspan 110inch
is it better to use one gyro for 2 ailerons servo's or should i use a Gyro's for each aileron servo?
jaccies is offline Find More Posts by jaccies
Last edited by jaccies; Dec 24, 2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 07:48 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,964 Posts
One Gyro for ailerons. You will open a hornets nest trying to use 2 seperate gyros. Just my opinion. I have never done it but I can see there could be issues.
Grantham Kid is online now Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:48 PM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
3,112 Posts
One Gyro for sure. I have recently intstalled one gyro on my PC-21 for teh roll (i.e. Aileron) axis and she flies awesome now. You need to adjust the gain once airborn. Start with a low gain and increase once airborn until the plane starts to jiggle left to right, then lower till it stops. Thats your best gain for the gyro. Also, I used the Detrum GY48v, a $10 gyro. You will need a minimum of 7 Channels to have room for the gain input as well as the gyro/aileron input.
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:44 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
I"ve done 2 gyros before and then switched back to 1 cause it's just easier to use 1 and a Y cable. A 2nd gyro does not really offer any more advantages worth the effort.
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:40 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain MoMo View Post
One Gyro for sure. I have recently intstalled one gyro on my PC-21 for teh roll (i.e. Aileron) axis and she flies awesome now. You need to adjust the gain once airborn. Start with a low gain and increase once airborn until the plane starts to jiggle left to right, then lower till it stops. Thats your best gain for the gyro. Also, I used the Detrum GY48v, a $10 gyro. You will need a minimum of 7 Channels to have room for the gain input as well as the gyro/aileron input.
That Gyro is advertised as operating at 80A ? Can't be right. Maybe 80mA?
http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dy-1017.html
Grantham Kid is online now Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:42 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,405 Posts
Quote:
I"ve done 2 gyros before and then switched back to 1 cause it's just easier to use 1 and a Y cable. A 2nd gyro does not really offer any more advantages worth the effort.
Melnic,
thanks for answer, onlyu thing what you can do with 2 gyro'' is use differential ailerons deflection.

Any answer for me Melnic about my stick problem in previous post?
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:57 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
not sure what you mean but I can tell you that when you use a generic heli gyro, you can't always measure stick and difflection on the ground when not moving.

Dedicated airplane gyros like the bluelight and eagletree don't do this.

On some gyros, you move your stick 50% but the aileron moves 100% with no further difflection as you keep moving the stick. But in the air, it does not do that because it senses movement.
See this:
http://www.mycoolrc.com/gyro/controlthrows.html
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:43 PM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
3,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid View Post
That Gyro is advertised as operating at 80A ? Can't be right. Maybe 80mA?
http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dy-1017.html
You are right! 80mA (from the manual)
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:28 PM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
Joined Mar 2009
1,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies View Post
Melnic,
thanks for answer, onlyu thing what you can do with 2 gyro'' is use differential ailerons deflection.

Any answer for me Melnic about my stick problem in previous post?
Differential will not work with two gyros, the gyros will work independently of each other, so it's likely that the output of one gyro will interfere with the output of the other one. If you need differential, you can mix it mechanically at the servo or electronically at the "Y" cable past the gyro.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 05:32 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,405 Posts
Quote:
not sure what you mean but I can tell you that when you use a generic heli gyro, you can't always measure stick and difflection on the ground when not moving.

Dedicated airplane gyros like the bluelight and eagletree don't do this.

On some gyros, you move your stick 50% but the aileron moves 100% with no further difflection as you keep moving the stick. But in the air, it does not do that because it senses movement.
See this:
http://www.mycoolrc.com/gyro/controlthrows.html
Melnic,
what you show in the vid, that is exactly what i see , but sorry it is hard to understand what you say that it does not do that in the air

do you mean that in the air that my stick movement works also for 50% to 100% and gives 50% to 100% movement of the aileron deflection?

and on the ground the stick movement works only 0% to 50% for 0 to 100% aileron defelection what i noticed.
the last issue i can only compensate that by setting the travel adjust of aileron to 50% , then i can use the full stick movement from 0 to 100% which gives a 0 to100% aileron deflection movement
so herewith i can prevent that THE GYRO TRUNCATES THE LAST 50% OF MY STICK MOVEMENT
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:37 AM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
Joined Mar 2009
1,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies View Post
THE GYRO TRUNCATES THE LAST 50% OF MY STICK MOVEMENT
It doesn't, your stick movement and servo movement have nothing to do with each other when a gyro is involved.

A gyro listens to the receiver input and determines the required servo deflection based on the sensor readout. Sensor readout on the ground is always zero, so your servo deflection on the ground will always be different than it is in the air.

You never limit the servo deflection with your transmitter stick, you limit it with the endpoint adjustment on the gyro itself.