HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:00 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Russ, hook up the cables the way they show it.
Hook up the Elev (Red) wire to your elevator connection on the Rx and make the Red wire go where the signal wires are.
Hook up the Brown wire to gear channel.
Leave the pitch wire hanging.

But I still say send it back unless you really wanna play it through
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:24 AM
It flies or it dies
Deville, Louisiana
Joined Sep 2008
836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
Russ, hook up the cables the way they show it.
Hook up the Elev (Red) wire to your elevator connection on the Rx and make the Red wire go where the signal wires are.
Hook up the Brown wire to gear channel.
Leave the pitch wire hanging.

But I still say send it back unless you really wanna play it through
I greatly appreciate that Mate. I like a good challenge and this is a good challenge. I've won some and I've lost some. That's what makes a challenge good. It's not knowing how it'll turn out 'til it turns out.

Russ
Russ The Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Russ The Flyer
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:37 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
I pulled the A3 Pro out of my Edge 540 and put it into my 1400mm Foam P47.
The P47 flies SOO smooth with the A3, windy day today.

EDIT: I"m using only RATE MODE. I keep RATE mode enabled all the time on this plane. OFF for me is only if there is a problem.
Last edited by Melnic; Oct 10, 2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:58 PM
United States, KY, Madisonville
Joined Mar 2011
550 Posts
Quote:
Agree. Even in a crosswind.
Bugbitten is offline Find More Posts by Bugbitten
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: launch elevator
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:14 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,650 Posts
Quote:
I fly the same FMS series T28 with the standard A3. With that plane's 80 plus ounces it sure is a great windy day flyer.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:26 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Is there a dedicated A3 Pro thread or combo A3/i86AP/A3 pro thread?
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:13 PM
United States, OR, Salem
Joined Jan 2012
287 Posts
I have two A3 Pro's that are coming out of my 3d planes and going into two 1400mm (P-40 and P-47 FMS) planes that I'm getting put together. Glad to hear they work well and add some stability in planes that size.
LawnDartMike is offline Find More Posts by LawnDartMike
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:44 PM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,360 Posts
I have an issue with my A3 Pro where it resets it's self back to default setting randomly sometimes, so I loose all my gyro reversing. It's a real pain, and pretty scary if I forget to check gyro direction before takeoff. Glad I have a switch on the pro to turn it off, that's all the pro upgrade is good for.
Has anyone had success reaching Eagle for service. They don't answer my emails, big surprise! I could reinstall the board to match the default directions, but that would take some tinkering to lengthen all the servo wires.
iskess is offline Find More Posts by iskess
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:01 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
I have an issue with my A3 Pro where it resets it's self back to default setting randomly sometimes, so I loose all my gyro reversing. It's a real pain, and pretty scary if I forget to check gyro direction before takeoff. Glad I have a switch on the pro to turn it off, that's all the pro upgrade is good for.
Has anyone had success reaching Eagle for service. They don't answer my emails, big surprise! I could reinstall the board to match the default directions, but that would take some tinkering to lengthen all the servo wires.
WOW, that's a surprise failure mode. I would just toss the supect one and try another. Also, make sure your jumper has good contact and it's not losing connectivity and reverting back to a default.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:39 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
It's diffective.
This will be the big difference from an EagleTree and anything from Asia. tail light warranty.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:37 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Aug 2011
40 Posts
I remember using a spare GWS cheapy gyro a few years back in a delta wing (micro Zagi). The thing had a tenancy to get buffeted pretty bad in the wind and that gyro made a huge difference. Now that gyro tech has gotten so cheap, I've been really tempted to try putting a KK board into a 3D model for practicing torque rolls. Anyone used quad controller boards for something similar? For $30, you can't go wrong if it works.
jwolf98 is offline Find More Posts by jwolf98
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:48 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,803 Posts
Quote:
Is there a dedicated A3 Pro thread or combo A3/i86AP/A3 pro thread?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1614811

But not overly active as of late.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:44 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,931 Posts
Can anyone recommend a device targeted at merely keeping the takeoff roll straight?

I have 49" taildragger that's devilishly squirrelly on the ground, especially in the swirling toilet-bowl crosswinds that are common at my field.

Is there simple, inexpensive gyro, that would hold the heading, and then after takeoff could be turned off from my DX6i?

Thanks.
pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:07 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Can anyone recommend a device targeted at merely keeping the takeoff roll straight?

I have 49" taildragger that's devilishly squirrelly on the ground, especially in the swirling toilet-bowl crosswinds that are common at my field.

Is there simple, inexpensive gyro, that would hold the heading, and then after takeoff could be turned off from my DX6i?

Thanks.
http://www.mycoolrc.com/gyro/ruddergyroinstall1.html
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:04 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,931 Posts
Quote:
Melnic, thanks, just watched the 2-part video - which was great!!!

Follow-up: I'll be using a DX6i. I assume that the GY48V would be controlled by the flap/gear switch, and programmed in the flaps menu. Any special instructions for that? (The flaps menu shows "FLAP" and "ELEV," and toggles between "NORM" and "LAND.")

At the end of your vid's part 2, you refer to another part to come, which would talk about generic setups. Is that out there somewhere?

Again, thanks.

Dave
pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
RCG Plus Member