HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 31, 2012, 01:34 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedexas View Post
For some reason I thought that E-Sky gyros that I have work in rate mode without the gain wire. I think E-Sky manual that came with my heli says that when the gain wire is unplugged, delay pot adjusts gain. Maybe the manual was written for the old gyro?

So now I found that these gyros are useless even for airplanes, maybe I will play around with this stuff one day too.
I"ve used all 3 on airplanes before. the 704A and 704B just need the gain wire hooked up and set up (30% rate mode to start).
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2012, 01:35 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nait0 View Post
I got an esky ek2-0704 (Not A or B versions) to try use on my ailerons. For some reason it seems to respond only in one direction, e.g. It only responds when I rotate the gyro left, but rotating it right does nothing. I've tried both normal and reverse modes on it, they seem to affect it properly. I've tried adjusting the gain, which also seems to work as advertised. It only works in one direction and not the other no matter what I do. Do I have a faulty gyro or am I doing something wrong?
This is not the first time I"ve heard this on the 704(silver). Remove all trim and subtrim just to test it and if it still does it, it's a bad Gyro.
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old May 31, 2012, 02:09 PM
Joined Aug 2010
42 Posts
No trim set whatsoever, dang. Got it from my LHS, maybe they'll give me a replacement. Thanks.
Nait0 is offline Find More Posts by Nait0
Old May 31, 2012, 07:26 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,698 Posts
Here is 3 axis remotely controllable gyro for $37. Great deal.

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/eagle-a3-...-function.html
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old May 31, 2012, 07:38 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,186 Posts
That isn't remote controlable it's 'rate only' and is adjusted by the three 'pots' on board.
I think.
DJ
Sculptor is online now Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old May 31, 2012, 07:40 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
That isn't remote controlable it's 'rate only' and is adjusted by the three 'pots' on board.
I think.
DJ
Gain cannot be adjusted in flight but modes can be switched. It's a new model. Look at the first feature:

Features:
- 3 Flight Modes can be switched between Normal Mode, AVCS Mode and Gyro Off in flight;
RCG Plus Member
Old May 31, 2012, 08:29 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Joined Mar 2012
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Gain cannot be adjusted in flight but modes can be switched. It's a new model. Look at the first feature:

Features:
- 3 Flight Modes can be switched between Normal Mode, AVCS Mode and Gyro Off in flight;
Quote:

Features:
Yes sir but I think that is changed by an 'on board' jumper located below the white arrow pointing forward. I may be thinking 'Model' instead of 'Mode'. But their is no gain wire. I think it is rate only, set it and forget it, or I bought the wrong thing again.

Damn it makes me nervous to post to someone your seniority sir. Hell I never heard of the thing till yesterday morning. Bought one last nite.

Respectfully,
DJ

Name: A3 gyro-2.jpg
Views: 82
Size: 28.6 KB
Description:

Name: A# Gyro.jpg
Views: 89
Size: 26.3 KB
Description:
Old May 31, 2012, 08:40 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,698 Posts
Quote:
Yes sir but I think that is changed by an 'on board' jumper located below the white arrow pointing forward. I may be thinking 'Model' instead of 'Mode'. But their is no gain wire. I think it is rate only, set it and forget it, or I bought the wrong thing again.

Damn it makes me nervous to post to someone your seniority sir. Hell I never heard of the thing till yesterday morning. Bought one last nite.

Respectfully,
DJ

Attachment 4903888

Attachment 4903889
DJ,

Download the manual. It discusses assigning a 3 position switch on the TX to change modes.

Step 5: Switch Channel Configure
Assign a 3-position switch to the channel which connected to the pins “IN-4” for switching the flight mode in flight. When use a 2-position switch, you can only switch between Normal Mode and AVCS Mode. It will be set to Normal Mode by default if the switch channel is not connected to the board. However it is not recommended as the board might get interrupted by the reception during the flight, which will result in the unexpected flight mode. When the board is operating, the indicator lights show the current flight mode, blue for normal mode, red for AVCS mode and both blue and red off indicates that the gyro has been disabled.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 31, 2012, 09:13 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Joined Mar 2012
1,186 Posts
Quote:
DJ,

Download the manual. It discusses assigning a 3 position switch on the TX to change modes.

Step 5: Switch Channel Configure
Assign a 3-position switch to the channel which connected to the pins IN-4 for switching the flight mode in flight. When use a 2-position switch, you can only switch between Normal Mode and AVCS Mode. It will be set to Normal Mode by default if the switch channel is not connected to the board. However it is not recommended as the board might get interrupted by the reception during the flight, which will result in the unexpected flight mode. When the board is operating, the indicator lights show the current flight mode, blue for normal mode, red for AVCS mode and both blue and red off indicates that the gyro has been disabled.
Damn! Thank you, I downloaded the manuel and read it but I didn't....
I've got nothing on my six ch tx that this can plug into.

Sir, I wanted a 3 function, rate only gyro set up for planes with no plugs for the rx and thats what I thought I bought. Did I?

Thank you,
DJ
Old May 31, 2012, 09:46 PM
United States, KY, Madisonville
Joined Mar 2011
551 Posts
DJ,
If you bought the A3, not the A3 Pro, you are fine.
Bugbitten is online now Find More Posts by Bugbitten
Old May 31, 2012, 10:08 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugbitten View Post
DJ,
If you bought the A3, not the A3 Pro, you are fine.
DJ,

What Bugbitten said.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old May 31, 2012, 11:07 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Joined Mar 2012
1,186 Posts
Quote:
DJ,

What Bugbitten said.

Bill
Bill, this is what I bought;
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/images/de...s2/file/xx.PDF
Thank you for your interest. Any plane I will have will have this kind of assist unit. I want to fly it to look like the real plane (semi-scale). It will have a small (3" x 3" x 2.5') sound unit in to complete the illusion of the real plane

Because of wind and weight an rc plane can not fly scale because of this. Without compensation. The little, light plane cannot act like the real thing, Cannot fly heavy, powerful, and convincing to the point were the "dancer becomes the dance", I become the pilot in the cockpit Sublimation "If you want to sculpt a tiger, you must become a tiger".

Wow, I got off point, Thank you Bill

DJ
Old May 31, 2012, 11:15 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,698 Posts
Quote:
Bill, this is what I bought;
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/images/de...s2/file/xx.PDF
Thank you for your interest. Any plane I will have will have this kind of assist unit. I want to fly it to look like the real plane (semi-scale). It will have a small (3" x 3" x 2.5') sound unit in to complete the illusion of the real plane

Because of wind and weight an rc plane can not fly scale because of this. Without compensation. The little, light plane cannot act like the real thing, Cannot fly heavy, powerful, and convincing to the point were the "dancer becomes the dance", I become the pilot in the cockpit Sublimation "If you want to sculpt a tiger, you must become a tiger".

Wow, I got off point, Thank you Bill

DJ
You bought what you need for a 3 axis gyro. Make sure you take videos when you get it in the air.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old May 31, 2012, 11:22 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Joined Mar 2012
1,186 Posts
Quote:
You bought what you need for a 3 axis gyro. Make sure you take videos when you get it in the air.

Bill
Thank you Bill,
DJ
Old Jun 02, 2012, 01:40 AM
United States, Mt, Libby
Joined Nov 2007
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Here is 3 axis remotely controllable gyro for $37. Great deal.

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/eagle-a3-...-function.html
Have you tried this one out? Or anyone else for that matter. I like the price, just would like to know the pros/cons before committing to one.
Herman Munster is offline Find More Posts by Herman Munster