HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 23, 2010, 03:41 AM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2010
566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcyon13 View Post
Check the review of the 9x V2 ! Pretty good !

http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/turnigy9xv2review.shtml
He says the rx has "no failsafe", what does that mean exactly? I was hoping it reverted to the settings the rx booted up into, but if not even that works I would think using it on a helicopter to be very dangerous.
sandos is offline Find More Posts by sandos
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2010, 07:32 AM
France
Joined May 2010
537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandos View Post
He says the rx has "no failsafe", what does that mean exactly? I was hoping it reverted to the settings the rx booted up into, but if not even that works I would think using it on a helicopter to be very dangerous.
That's right, on the turnigy 9x failsafe needs PCM and this Tx/Rx works with PPM. I tried it to be sure, if you're out of range you've got a lockout.
I don't know about helicopters, for my planes, when a loose signal the controls lockout and the motor cut off (it's made by the ESC).

If anybody has a better explanation or if i'm wrong, correct me
Alcyon13 is offline Find More Posts by Alcyon13
Old Jun 23, 2010, 07:34 AM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2010
566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcyon13 View Post
That's right, on the turnigy 9x failsafe needs PCM and this Tx/Rx works with PPM. I tried it to be sure, if you're out of range you've got a lockout.
I don't know about helicopters, for my planes, when a loose signal the controls lockout and the motor cut off (it's made by the ESC).

If anybody has a better explanation or if i'm wrong, correct me
I guess I can simply try this by turning the tx off, right?
Old Jun 23, 2010, 07:53 AM
France
Joined May 2010
537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandos View Post
I guess I can simply try this by turning the tx off, right?
Yes you're right
Old Jun 23, 2010, 01:19 PM
Heli Humbled Daily
Riverside, CA
Joined Jul 2006
2,971 Posts
I honestly don't see what the big deal is... No matter what "failsafe" settings you have on a model, be it heli or plane, if you completely loose reception, then the thing is gunna crash.

Even more so with a heli. No control input for more that a few seconds, and it doesn't matter what it "defaults" to, you are in the ground.

I guess as far as keeping it "doing something" until you regain control, it would be useful, but I would always rather have the throttle cut if I lose control.
Telemachus is offline Find More Posts by Telemachus
Old Jun 23, 2010, 01:46 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
2,991 Posts
I was just thinking the same thing on the heli. What goes up must come down, fail safe or not...hehe...so that's why I didn't care that I guess some FlySky units didn't have it if I remember correctly...
efx is online now Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3D Printers
Old Jun 23, 2010, 01:56 PM
France
Joined May 2010
537 Posts
Right, but sometimes with a plane (especially with a glider), having all the controls going back to neutral can give you time to put the radio above your head and taking back the control... sometimes that's not enough
Old Jun 23, 2010, 02:50 PM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2010
566 Posts
What I meant is basically I need to know it cuts the throttle, as you all say thats really all you can do with a heli, but on the other hand its is also a vital security measure!

I tried this, AND things looks fairly ok, it seems to cut the throttle but only after a second or so delay. Not perfect, but OK I guess.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 07:24 PM
Houston
Joined Mar 2010
6 Posts
bind tx with rx

i got my turnigy 9x radio today and 2 of the turnigy 9x receivers. i have tried to bind the receivers to the radio with no luck. i have followed the procedure in the manual, and no joy, i have also switched the batt and bind plug locations still flashing red light.
has anyone come up with another way to bind the two?

brax
nitti is offline Find More Posts by nitti
Old Jun 23, 2010, 08:03 PM
Joined Jun 2010
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitti View Post
i got my turnigy 9x radio today and 2 of the turnigy 9x receivers. i have tried to bind the receivers to the radio with no luck. i have followed the procedure in the manual, and no joy, i have also switched the batt and bind plug locations still flashing red light.
has anyone come up with another way to bind the two?

brax
i did bind my Turnigy 9X many times it was like this:
1- turn off the TX
2-plug the Binding Cable in the next CH (where it says Battery)
3- plug the battery in the last CH (where it says Bind)
4- now red LED light will start flashing
5- press the Binding button on the back side of the TX and turn it on.
6- the flashing light should stop in seconds.

remove every thing and then plug the cables as usual.
sampc69 is offline Find More Posts by sampc69
Old Jun 23, 2010, 08:07 PM
Houston
Joined Mar 2010
6 Posts
thanks i will try it.

brax
Old Jun 23, 2010, 08:10 PM
Joined Jun 2010
11 Posts
to all the Guys who answered me about my Turnigy 9x working problem.....
i was getting crazy....
then i moved the back module after opning the Transmitter...and all of a sudden it was Red LED light on the RX so i cam to know that it was some loose connection some where...!!!
but it is working now........ and i have to find out where is this loose connection to fix it .
as i do not want to have TX failure while flying...
Old Jun 23, 2010, 08:11 PM
Joined Jun 2010
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitti View Post
thanks i will try it.

brax
you are welcome
Old Jun 23, 2010, 08:19 PM
Houston
Joined Mar 2010
6 Posts
the red light still flashes rapidly, are there any other settings i should do first?

brax
Old Jun 23, 2010, 10:22 PM
Houston
Joined Mar 2010
6 Posts
i was finally able to get it bound, thanks for your help it worked like a charm, now on to my next problem, setting the radio to mode 2.

brax