HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 17, 2009, 12:37 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Discussion
Source for 1 green dot brick connector

I had a old broken estes plane in my junk stash and noticed that the wing to fuselage connector was smaller than a JST and looks a lot like the new AR6400 connector, so I soldered the female onto one of my green dot's.

I wish I had more junk sky rangers laying around...

It may not be the exact connector for the new linear servo, but since I have both a male and a female, that shouldn't be a problem.

Also, if the order of the pins is different on the new servos, it's easy to swap them around in these connectors.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Last edited by UNGN; Apr 17, 2009 at 09:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2009, 03:45 PM
Inventor&Genius Extraordinary
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined May 2006
491 Posts
Read this thread, you will find many connectors from regular servos down to 1.0mm;
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1024553
Best regards tito
tune by tito is offline Find More Posts by tune by tito
Old Apr 17, 2009, 05:00 PM
Mc-Fly
Melbourne-Australia
Joined Mar 2008
1,108 Posts
Maybe you could figure out how to solder the actual Female connector to the board somehow and get rid of those leads! Would be stronger, neater and sexier too.
Veteran is offline Find More Posts by Veteran
Old Apr 17, 2009, 09:21 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Oh, I almost forgot.

The other great thing about the female connector from the estes sky cruiser (I remembered the name) is that it plugs right into the plug on the 3A Brushless ESC from Hobby city, so the 5th channel can be mixed with the throttle channel for Brushless operation without a converter and the brick is plug and play.
Old May 27, 2009, 02:04 AM
A.K.A sir Crashalot
Ístersund, SWEDEN
Joined Sep 2005
901 Posts
Do You need to have the lipo connection left or can the esc leads power the rx thru the servo connections as it normaly does. Or do You power the esc/motor thru the rx?
Just wondering since i dont believe pulling 3 amps thru the rx would be safe.

Need all info i can get since i ordered 2 rxes yesturday.

/Ulf
methuso is online now Find More Posts by methuso
Old May 27, 2009, 02:17 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by methuso
Do You need to have the lipo connection left or can the esc leads power the rx thru the servo connections as it normaly does. Or do You power the esc/motor thru the rx?
Just wondering since i dont believe pulling 3 amps thru the rx would be safe.

Need all info i can get since i ordered 2 rxes yesturday.

/Ulf
I'm going to run separate Positive and negative wires to the ESC power wires from the battery wires and power the brick normally.

The voltage will all be the same, but the brick probably wouldn't like the amp draw through the servo connector.
Old May 27, 2009, 08:24 AM
A.K.A sir Crashalot
Ístersund, SWEDEN
Joined Sep 2005
901 Posts
what about feeding the brick from the ESC thrue the servo connector like on other RXes? Would the servos pull too much amp that way ?
/Ulf
methuso is online now Find More Posts by methuso