SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 15, 2009, 04:48 PM
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Sep 2008
1,103 Posts
Discussion
Looking for best most efficient motor's

Hey guys,
I'm looking for the best efficeint motor's. I've got a couple of diffrent projects going and want to know of the most powerful efficient system to be used on 4S and 5S lipo's. I'm looking for comparison's and impressions on what people have used.

Project 1) MultiPlex FunJet It seems that the Mega own's this space. A lot of people are using the Mega motors. There are lots of other options out there and I would like to know which motor can be pushed and still be efficient to build an extreemly fast FunJet. Considerations are more in favor of performance rather than cost.

Considerations are 4S and 5S max.

Some options for motors
ARC 28-47-2
ARC 28-47-1.5
Mega
Scorpion

Project 2) Phase 3 F-16
Lots of people have hopped these up but I havent found a lot of people doing extreme build ups. Meaning power combo's that would yield speeds of over 150MPH.
Fidy$Trainer is online now Find More Posts by Fidy$Trainer
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2009, 08:32 PM
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,205 Posts
You might be better posting (or at least searching) in the Pusher Prop Jet forum.

Here is an example: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=8538
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
Old Apr 15, 2009, 09:09 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidy$Trainer
Hey guys,
I'm looking for the best efficeint motor's. I've got a couple of diffrent projects going and want to know of the most powerful efficient system to be used on 4S and 5S lipo's. I'm looking for comparison's and impressions on what people have used.

Project 1) MultiPlex FunJet It seems that the Mega own's this space. A lot of people are using the Mega motors. There are lots of other options out there and I would like to know which motor can be pushed and still be efficient to build an extreemly fast FunJet. Considerations are more in favor of performance rather than cost.

Considerations are 4S and 5S max.

Some options for motors
ARC 28-47-2
ARC 28-47-1.5
Mega
Scorpion

Project 2) Phase 3 F-16
Lots of people have hopped these up but I havent found a lot of people doing extreme build ups. Meaning power combo's that would yield speeds of over 150MPH.
Might also look in the high performance thread. Robert
eckace1 is online now Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Apr 16, 2009, 01:06 PM
Ignint McNugget
behind Jaggi lines
Joined Jan 2004
907 Posts
The ARCs have really impressed me. I recall landru posting some dyno data which showed them to actually surpass comparably sized Megas. Neu motors are also well regarded for high efficiency, although they can be somewhat difficult to obtain. Good luck in your quest!
Rumple is offline Find More Posts by Rumple
Old Apr 17, 2009, 01:11 AM
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Sep 2008
1,103 Posts
Anyone have experience with Medusa motors? I've got an ARC now and I've been happy just wondering if there's anything else out there that's similarly priced that offers better value?
Fidy$Trainer is online now Find More Posts by Fidy$Trainer