|Apr 15, 2009, 05:40 PM|
BAC-ESJ: lipo 5V regulator with voltage alarm, readout, charge port and switch
Ideal for small slopers with two to four small (9g class) servos. The BAC-ESJs are originally for the DLG crowd but since a lot of them go sloping I thought that the sloping groups would like to know about them too.
The BAC-ESJ takes a 2S lipo input and provides a 5V regulated output with up to 1A peak current and provides in addition many features such as low-voltage alarm, voltage readout and integrated on/off/charge switchjack.
The biggest gains you get from moving to a lipo/regulator combination is that you can now have your lipo precharged a few days before the day of flying and it won't be half flat on the day. You get a lot more flying time due to the higher lipo capacity for the same mass. The voltage blink readout lets you know what your lipo voltage is. The low voltage alarm lets you know when it's time to stop flying.
* Very low weight - 6.1g
* Very small - 28 x 12.5 x 10mm
* 2S lipo input
* 5V output
* LED-blink voltage state indicator (full scale)
* Over voltage alarm (Vin > 8.5V)
* Under voltage alarm (Vin < 7.0V)
* Buzzer alarm
* 1A linear BEC for minimum RF interference
* Extensive decoupling for even quieter RF levels
* 250mA constant supply, 500mA for 1 minute, 1A for 10 seconds (thermally limited - better cooling gives longer duration)
* Thermal and short circuit protection
* High quality, low power, low (RF) noise micro controller
* Large copper backplane to improve heat-sinking of linear regulator.
* Supplied with 50mm RX lead, 100mm female servo battery lead and combo charge/switch plug.
Available at - http://nqrc.com/?vp=PLD-BAC-ESJ
Cost: $49 AUD (~$34 USD)
The PLD-BAC-ESJ (BEC Alarm Combo) has been made as small as possible but still packed with needed functionality and now provides LED and audio indication of battery status and most significant of all, now an electronic switchjack and charger combo port.
|Jun 11, 2009, 02:07 AM|
Hrmm... completely forgot I had this thread here
As an update, all the units now come with 22AWG wire, JST 2-pin input for the lipo and charge lead, also still the red servo plug to the receiver.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion Charging a Thunder Power 2cell lipo with a Venom 3cell charge port and 4 wire adapter||modfly||Batteries and Chargers||0||Jun 22, 2008 12:49 PM|
|Discussion Simple 5V/5A regulator with voltage monitor||Rad Racer||Power Systems||4||Apr 23, 2007 01:33 PM|
|Yippee! Fusion ESC's: A LiPo Ready ESC with Built-In High Voltage BEC||MRI||Medusa Research||3||Dec 26, 2006 01:28 PM|
|Sold Never used Apogee 11.1v 830mah LIPO battery pack with voltage port||NewToRCguy||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||4||Jul 15, 2005 04:18 PM|
|Fusion ESC's: A LiPo Ready ESC with Built-In High Voltage BEC||MRI||Product Announcements||0||Jul 02, 2004 05:02 PM|