Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 30, 2003, 12:25 AM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,937 Posts
Cul-de-sac flying as cold therapy

I've a killer cold - I spent most of what turned out to be a very pretty day lying in bed. But, late this afternoon I couldn't stand it any longer and even though my brain is kinda befuddled, I put 35 minutes on the Gym-E in the cul-de-sac. (one Kokam 2s Kokam 1020 pack that took 875 mAh to recharge).

I definitely felt better and had a nice conversation with a new neighbor in the process...... we'll see if his professed interest leads to a trip to the LHS for a Gym-E and so forth.

BTW, the Gym-E has an E ratio hybrid on it now - which is just enough of a performance boost to get it off the ground in about two plane lengths even after 30 minutes of flying and enough speed to get a roll out of it after a short dive with the flat pitch prop on (10X4.7 SF APC).
BEC is offline Find More Posts by BEC
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2003, 06:09 AM
Leave me alone!
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
15,106 Posts
I hope you're feeling better soon, Bernard. The Gym-E's great medicine

Martin
Martin Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Martin Hunter
Old Mar 30, 2003, 06:14 PM
MKH
Ohio
Joined Mar 2000
2,597 Posts
Re: Cul-de-sac flying as cold therapy

Quote:
Originally posted by BEC
BTW, the Gym-E has an E ratio hybrid on it now - which is just enough of a performance boost to get it off the ground in about two plane lengths even after 30 minutes of flying and enough speed to get a roll out of it after a short dive with the flat pitch prop on (10X4.7 SF APC).
That's how mine was powered, before I finally banged it up enough to pull it from service. We used to do carrier takeoffs from a picnic table.

As for curing a cold, I never thought of flying! I usually take Nyquil, and enjoy the ensuing 10-12 hours of psychadelic dreams!

Feel better,
Marcus
MKH is offline Find More Posts by MKH
Old Mar 30, 2003, 07:09 PM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,937 Posts
I don't think flying yesterday evening did anything to cure the cold, but I felt better afterward. I'd already been in bed far too long on such a nice day.

Too breezy this afternoon. Time to write a long-overdue kit review I think.

Thanks for the thoughts, both of you.

Have two sick kids in the house, too...... *sigh*
BEC is offline Find More Posts by BEC