HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 29, 2003, 12:58 PM
Been There! Done That!
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Cul De Sac Maiden of the Dandy Sport

Well there are cars all over the Church Site so I took the DS out to the Cul de Sac to do some taxi tests. It was going so well I just applied full power and ROGed! (STUPID!) Figuring I could always land it immediatly! Wrong! The thing wants to float too much and I was heading right for the tree in my yard! So I applied power and with the help of the rudder did a evasive right turn and that went so well I flew a few laps around the Cud de Sac just to get a feel for the plane! Wasn't brave enough and just not enough enough room to do much more than just laps but the plane handles great! I am looking forward to getting it in enough space so I can really wring it out! I see why you all like the plane so much! Boy does the 300C-D with the 12 X 6 prop get that sucker off the ground in a hurry!!! My maiden site!
boomer
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2003, 01:15 PM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
Hi Boomer, congrats on the Dandy Maiden.

Looks like a kinda tight flying circle for a 300. Is it just me, I could swear that that tree on the left is smiling. Probably hoping for a balsa wood snack.

Wayne
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase
Old Mar 29, 2003, 01:24 PM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Basketcase
Hi Boomer, congrats on the Dandy Maiden.

Looks like a kinda tight flying circle for a 300. Is it just me, I could swear that that tree on the left is smiling. Probably hoping for a balsa wood snack.

Wayne
Wayne,
It wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done but it turned out all right! I've a grandsons new house warming I need to go to this afternoon or I'd head for the soccer complex! Oh well family obligations must come first! The problem is all the maiden did was make me really want to see what it will do!
boomer
Old Mar 29, 2003, 01:44 PM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Wayne,
I just looked at the pic again and you're right! That tree has a nose, eyes and a huge smile! That tree ate my Mini IFO one day and I had a devil of a time getting it down! It's probably been smiling every since just waiting!
boomer
Old Mar 29, 2003, 01:49 PM
Leave me alone!
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
15,106 Posts
Holy tight space, batman! I'm glad you've got the reflexes to keep her out of the smiling tree though

Martin
Martin Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Martin Hunter
Old Mar 29, 2003, 02:03 PM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer
Holy tight space, batman! I'm glad you've got the reflexes to keep her out of the smiling tree though

Martin
Martin,
My reflexes in this case were more like controlled panic until I got a feel for the bird! Doug has done a great job on this one and am looking forward to the Mini Flash with the Mini AC but the maiden won't be in the cul de sac!!!!!
boomer
Old Mar 29, 2003, 08:14 PM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
I Just came back from the church site and flew a battery pack through the DS! I agree!!!! You got to have one of these!!!! This is a great aileron trainer. Really wrung it out and it is more agile than the normal aileron trainer and for a high wing plane it really performs!!!!
Boy is this a keeper! Thanks Doug!
boomer
Old Mar 29, 2003, 09:40 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,229 Posts
See, I told ya so!
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Old Mar 29, 2003, 10:03 PM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by turbojoe
See, I told ya so!
Joe this is one sweet plane! I'll fly it some more before I decide but I may want to put in a Mini AC down the road! I want the boys to learn on this however before I add any more power! Of course I could just buy another kit and let the boys fly that!
boomer
Old Mar 30, 2003, 10:00 PM
Freak Member
Seminole, FL
Joined Nov 2002
414 Posts
Nice job BoomerAce!

BTW: What did you take that pic with? How'd you do it? I have been wanting to get a few pics of the SCF ground to post, but have been too lazy to find a way.

Nice pic! Come see us again!
Scott
Aldur is offline Find More Posts by Aldur
Old Mar 30, 2003, 10:07 PM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Aldur
Nice job BoomerAce!

BTW: What did you take that pic with? How'd you do it? I have been wanting to get a few pics of the SCF ground to post, but have been too lazy to find a way.

Nice pic! Come see us again!
Scott
Scott,
That was taken from my Slow Stick with a Aiptek Pencam! It is actually 2 pics I stitched together. I wanted a reference pic to show my cul de sac flying site! I took off from the church site across the street and had to almost spec out to get over the big trees between me and the house! BTW the house with the brown roof on the right is mine.
boomer
Old Apr 09, 2003, 12:05 PM
Iron Mountain,MI
Joined May 2002
2,272 Posts
Wow ! Congrats, and thanks for sharing, Boomer turbojoe, your report is what made me get mine - - - I think the Grandson will get it Now I will have to buy two more. One for me and one for my Grandson's Father
uncled is offline Find More Posts by uncled
Old Apr 09, 2003, 12:23 PM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by uncled
Wow ! Congrats, and thanks for sharing, Boomer turbojoe, your report is what made me get mine - - - I think the Grandson will get it Now I will have to buy two more. One for me and one for my Grandson's Father
Hey,
It's only money and keeps them occupied with something that has no downside (except the afore mentioned money)
boomer
Old Apr 09, 2003, 12:35 PM
Iron Mountain,MI
Joined May 2002
2,272 Posts
So Boomer, I take it this is better than the E starter ??? Just pullin' your chain a little
uncled is offline Find More Posts by uncled
Old Apr 09, 2003, 12:39 PM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by uncled
So Boomer, I take it this is better than the E starter ??? Just pullin' your chain a little
Don't get me started!!!
boomer