Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 08, 2009, 08:15 PM
The Hippy
Perth - Australia
Joined Nov 2008
233 Posts
See you guys down there around half 2.
Osmium - Ill bring that battery for you aswell.
ddoth is offline Find More Posts by ddoth
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2009, 03:50 AM
The Hippy
Perth - Australia
Joined Nov 2008
233 Posts
Thanks for coming down guys.
Dan seemed to have the hang of beginning to fly the Cessna - didn't crash it so thats always a plus
Pearce, was sad to see ... still say that the pole was straight beforehand

Changed the receiver in the Euro and that slightly helped. Its amazing how a motor doesn't really like running with a dry solder joint from ESC to Battery ... all soldered back in, goes a little faster too.
ddoth is offline Find More Posts by ddoth
Last edited by ddoth; May 10, 2009 at 08:04 AM.
Old May 10, 2009, 10:08 AM
How close are those trees?
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddoth
Thanks for coming down guys.
Dan seemed to have the hang of beginning to fly the Cessna - didn't crash it so thats always a plus
Pearce, was sad to see ... still say that the pole was straight beforehand

Changed the receiver in the Euro and that slightly helped. Its amazing how a motor doesn't really like running with a dry solder joint from ESC to Battery ... all soldered back in, goes a little faster too.
Was a fun day but a bummer about Piers's PC9 vs Rugby Goal Post.

Dan did real well with his Cessna though. Handled the wind great.

Thought I was gonna loose my epp extra on that breeze a couple of times. Worked out today though the motor was cutting out after a few seconds on full throttle. I think the speedie needs reprogramming

I actually snuck in another fly this morning in near perfect conditions. The Extra really flew great. Even makes it easy for me to knife edge.

The Cap brought me back to reality though. Not quite so floaty!!

Anyway, a few phots from Saturday and a video attached of Daniel's Easystar on steroids.

Love those belly takeoffs!!

Easystar at Murdoch Reserve 190509 (1 min 54 sec)
Goody63 is offline Find More Posts by Goody63
Last edited by Goody63; May 10, 2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old May 10, 2009, 06:35 PM
3DHS Addict DownUnder
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Aug 2004
806 Posts
Hey Guys
Well you guys look like you have been having a bit of fun.
Good to see the Murdoch group still meeting regularly
Me i have just got back from 2 months work in the desert , heard you have been having great weather in Perth. Hopefully come down for a fly sometime
Matt
grizzlymatt is offline Find More Posts by grizzlymatt
Old May 10, 2009, 10:15 PM
3DHS Addict DownUnder
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Aug 2004
806 Posts
Anyone going for a fly down there today , which side of the oval do you fly on
grizzlymatt is offline Find More Posts by grizzlymatt
Old May 11, 2009, 01:08 AM
Go fly ... be free
Baldivis Western Australia
Joined Jul 2008
67 Posts
Hey Grizzly, We used to fly on the southern side of the ovals (off Farrington st) but just of late we have been going over to the Club room side. It seems better over that side, particulary in the mornings to get out the sun out of our eyes.

We tend to meet down there every Saturday or Sunday or both but not during the week. If your lucky you might see Goody down there.

Regards

Bungra
Bungraman is online now Find More Posts by Bungraman
Old May 11, 2009, 06:06 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlymatt
Anyone going for a fly down there today , which side of the oval do you fly on
Bugger. Had the day off and was going to go down to the park around 12 for a fly.

But instead I decided to finally get that spitfire I bought off you (Matt) finished (and powered by the 35-48 I bought off Bungraman).

All went well today except that one of the cheap 2.7kg Turnigy servos I bought from HC was stuffed (when will I ever learn).

However I got away with using a HXT900 for the rudder (never use rudder anyway ) so its pretty well right to go.

Havent bothered setting up the retracts at this stage as gonna be flying off grass anyway.

Attach the cowl and prop tomorrow and all set for its maiden Saturday. Test/trimming pilot (Wayne) booked in.

Maybe see you Saturday morning Matt?
Old May 11, 2009, 07:00 AM
What's 3D?
Australia, WA, Ellenbrook
Joined Feb 2008
3,316 Posts
Spitty maiden

hi Goody63,

that spitty looks very similar to one that one of the guys i fly with at WARS has, he removed the retracts out of his as well, too much grief, make sure you fit some blisters or guards to the underside of the wings to protect the
aileron servos, they will get stripped very quickly otherwise even if you grease all your landings! great flying model by the way, the one i have seen looks very scale in flight!

good luck
Craig
trumps is offline Find More Posts by trumps
Old May 11, 2009, 07:29 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumps
hi Goody63,

that spitty looks very similar to one that one of the guys i fly with at WARS has, he removed the retracts out of his as well, too much grief, make sure you fit some blisters or guards to the underside of the wings to protect the
aileron servos, they will get stripped very quickly otherwise even if you grease all your landings! great flying model by the way, the one i have seen looks very scale in flight!

good luck
Craig
Cheers for that Craig.

I was looking at the aileron servos tonight with their protruding ezy connectors and thinking.......a recipe for disaster.

I thought I'd at least put the ezy connectors on the other side of the servo arms (between the arm and the wing) for a start.

Any idea what others have been using as guards??

Pretty rough surface (and flying) down at Murdoch!!

Ta

Dave
Old May 11, 2009, 08:34 AM
What's 3D?
Australia, WA, Ellenbrook
Joined Feb 2008
3,316 Posts
not sure what Piero ended up using on his, forgot to look yesterday! maybe some of those plastic spoons (like knife, fork,spoons) could be trimmed up into something useable. i know piero stripped a servo out on his first landing and he greased it in as well, he has not had any probs after guarding them as far as i know! so it will definately be an issue if nothing is done.

Craig

there are some picks in this link
http://wars.asn.au/warsbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=440
trumps is offline Find More Posts by trumps
Old May 11, 2009, 09:18 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumps
not sure what Piero ended up using on his, forgot to look yesterday! maybe some of those plastic spoons (like knife, fork,spoons) could be trimmed up into something useable. i know piero stripped a servo out on his first landing and he greased it in as well, he has not had any probs after guarding them as far as i know! so it will definately be an issue if nothing is done.

Craig

there are some picks in this link
http://wars.asn.au/warsbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=440
Hey Craig

Piero aint on RC Groups is he?

I wouldn't mind picking his brains.

And nice EPP Extra!!

Thanks again.

Dave
Old May 11, 2009, 09:23 AM
No RC will end without a fight
Perth, Australia
Joined Jan 2009
211 Posts
Suprisingly Similar

Hi Dave,

Your plane looks very similar to my new plane too. Is it a 1.3M wingspan?
We might got the same plane...

I also attached some pictures of my fixed Cessna and my Hyperion Extra300 Maiden flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody63
Bugger. Had the day off and was going to go down to the park around 12 for a fly.

But instead I decided to finally get that spitfire I bought off you (Matt) finished (and powered by the 35-48 I bought off Bungraman).

All went well today except that one of the cheap 2.7kg Turnigy servos I bought from HC was stuffed (when will I ever learn).

However I got away with using a HXT900 for the rudder (never use rudder anyway ) so its pretty well right to go.

Havent bothered setting up the retracts at this stage as gonna be flying off grass anyway.

Attach the cowl and prop tomorrow and all set for its maiden Saturday. Test/trimming pilot (Wayne) booked in.

Maybe see you Saturday morning Matt?
FlyingBaby is offline Find More Posts by FlyingBaby
Old May 11, 2009, 09:31 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,868 Posts
Allan that Extra looks great. Great to see the rest of the squadron back in the air too.

The spitfire I've got was bought from Hobby City. Believe its the same as the Ripmax?
Old May 11, 2009, 09:45 AM
No RC will end without a fight
Perth, Australia
Joined Jan 2009
211 Posts
Yeahh... So... we got the same spitfire... haha... Next time we may be able to perform some formation flight,,, :P
FlyingBaby is offline Find More Posts by FlyingBaby
Old May 11, 2009, 10:25 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBaby
Yeahh... So... we got the same spitfire... haha... Next time we may be able to perform some formation flight,,, :P
Cool.....dont know about formation flight though. Will be just happy with 'flight' to start off with!!!!