HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 16, 2010, 05:52 AM
Beaconsfield. West Australia
Joined Jul 2009
137 Posts
Hey Guys,if you dont want to fly at Scotch thats fine with me,the most important part is that we enjoy flying.I have always looked forward to and enjoyed flying at Murdoch with you guys and the relaxing atmospher that is created.Its a shame that this has not always been the case at Scotch ,personally i like it and have a good morning with Dave and Bill and could have had a realy good fly with Matt.This problem we are having and all these rules that have been told to us have been utterd by a person who has absolutly no athority to say one word to us.Not one person to do with Scotch has one bad thing to say not even the headmaster who ownes the (exspensive) house next to where we fly, not even securety has a problem with us,there is only one person that has a problem and he was told in no uncertan terms BUTT OUT you have NO AUTHORITY .I have also been advised to tell him to go away if he is bothering us.I like the place and it would be a shame to have it spoiled by one person who dosent want to share.There is a lot more to be said but i would prefer to say it face to face with you guys. Max
todemax is offline Find More Posts by todemax
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2010, 06:08 AM
Joined Jul 2009
137 Posts
Now apart from all that Jewfish I a ASW28 and i would love to lern to slope it .Only flow her twice and am still a little(alot) nervouse and could do with some advice.Let me know when you go(after xmass) Max.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 06:24 AM
Joined Jul 2009
137 Posts
Hey Jew fish i would love to go sloping pm me a iwill call you
Old Dec 16, 2010, 08:48 AM
How close are those trees?
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by todemax View Post
Hey Jew fish i would love to go sloping pm me a iwill call you
Hey Max

Gotta try the spot on Russell Rd that Luke knows about too. Could be quite brutal and unforgiving on your beautiful ASW28 though?

Dave I'll be down at Mandurah over Xmas so maybe we could arrange to meet up sometime then for abit of sloping?

I'll send you a txt or phone if the conditions look good?

Dave
Goody63 is offline Find More Posts by Goody63
Old Dec 17, 2010, 06:55 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2009
140 Posts
Hey Max and Dave, sounds great. I'll be off work between Xmas and new year so pm or give me a call. Max I'll send you my phone number.

Only problem Max I'm a newbie myself. I've got the 'unbreakable' DIU under control but not before I broke it twice!! I don't think I could provide good advice
about a proper sloper like your ASW28. But I'm sure Dave, Bill and Matt could.
jewfish is online now Find More Posts by jewfish
Old Dec 18, 2010, 05:57 PM
Joined Mar 2008
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheonix3 View Post
Heya fellas,
Good weather for a riding road trip Max. My thumb is shaping up ok (thanks for the support Dave ). Been fitting this lil beasty out, so will try to maiden this her in the morning - weather willing!

Should be fun ;-P

Cheers, Matt
awesome lookin BRIO, I had them for 4 years already and still alive.. just make sure u reinforced the landing gear area.. i actually used a shorter landing gear strut from PA to reduce the stress on the airframe
electrosphere is offline Find More Posts by electrosphere
Old Dec 18, 2010, 06:27 PM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Jun 2009
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewfish View Post
Hey Max and Dave, sounds great. I'll be off work between Xmas and new year so pm or give me a call. Max I'll send you my phone number.

Only problem Max I'm a newbie myself. I've got the 'unbreakable' DIU under control but not before I broke it twice!! I don't think I could provide good advice
about a proper sloper like your ASW28. But I'm sure Dave, Bill and Matt could.
Hiya fellas,
I certainly would call myself any kind of expert - just comfortably sloping, but happy to catch up with people and share what I do know with others... I have buddy box that may also be useful. Secret to learning sloping is have an EPP plane that you can bang around and relaunch whilst getting the hang of the invisible lift profile. Time is tight for me in next couple of weeks, but i'm sure we'll get it together in the NY. For real experts try looking over at the Perth slope thread on Rcgroups
Happy landings
Matt
pheonix3 is offline Find More Posts by pheonix3
Old Dec 18, 2010, 06:38 PM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Jun 2009
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrosphere View Post
awesome lookin BRIO, I had them for 4 years already and still alive.. just make sure u reinforced the landing gear area.. i actually used a shorter landing gear strut from PA to reduce the stress on the airframe
Thanks mate :-) yeah pretty happy with the Brio. I inherited it as a crashed plane, so very satisfied to rebuild and fly so well. It's not cosmetically perfect, but still looks amazing in the standard trim and flies even better thanks for the UC tip... Thankfully that mod was done previously for me. Only had one outing so far, so looking forward to many more statisfying flys as i attempt to learn some more pattern type precision (we'll see!?!)
Cheers, Matt
pheonix3 is offline Find More Posts by pheonix3
Old Dec 23, 2010, 09:08 AM
Joined Jul 2009
137 Posts
Hi Guys, yes i would like to get together for some some sloping.by the way lust tested the electronics from the crashed fj and found a dead short in one of the brand new hitec sevoes and it took out the rx,and ithought it was me. oh well new servo,new rx ,its only money. A Very Merry Christmass to all .Max
Old Dec 24, 2010, 01:10 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by todemax View Post
Hi Guys, yes i would like to get together for some some sloping.by the way lust tested the electronics from the crashed fj and found a dead short in one of the brand new hitec sevoes and it took out the rx,and ithought it was me. oh well new servo,new rx ,its only money. A Very Merry Christmass to all .Max
Hey Max

I was hoping to hit the slopes down south over Chrissy but the forecast is just showing easterlies.

Hope you and the rest of the crew have a great Christmas and I look forward to catching up for a fly soon.

Cheers
Old Jan 02, 2011, 10:51 PM
Joined Jul 2009
137 Posts
hey anyone interested in flying to day. Max
Old Jan 09, 2011, 12:53 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,887 Posts
Slowly getting back into the flying after the silly season.

Been trying out a couple of new airframes this year too.

The Hobby City Fokker DR1 (birthday present from the wife......thanks wife ) is slowly turning out to be a nice little flyer.

I maidened it last week in dead calm conditions but still found it abit of a handful. On reflection though it was probably mostly to do with my radio settings (too much expo) and average biplane (well triplane) skill levels.

It flew alot better today in gusty conditions with a milder expo setting and a greater use of the rudder in the turns. Even some of its 90gm of nose ballast falling out pre-flight didn't slow it down.

Unfortunately I can't be so glowing about the Hobby City F22 EPP.

It was a little pain to build (things not lining up or the wrong size) but it looked ok when finished.

However whilst it flies great in a straight line. I can't get the little to turn. It's elevons will get it spinning like crazy - but it doesn't turn!!

A work in progress!!!!
Last edited by Goody63; Jan 09, 2011 at 04:39 AM.
Old Jan 09, 2011, 01:16 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2009
140 Posts
Nice one Dave. I hear the DR1 is as one of the more difficult to fly. If the one on my phoenix sim is anything to go by then I'd agree.

Not too much flying for me with all the wind recently so I overhauled all of my planes and did a parts stock take. No new planes for me but my wife got me a DX8 Tx for xmas. I was surprised that with this I get noticeably smoother servo travel than with the DX6i. Very happy with it so far.
jewfish is online now Find More Posts by jewfish
Old Jan 09, 2011, 04:45 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewfish View Post
Nice one Dave. I hear the DR1 is as one of the more difficult to fly. If the one on my phoenix sim is anything to go by then I'd agree.

Not too much flying for me with all the wind recently so I overhauled all of my planes and did a parts stock take. No new planes for me but my wife got me a DX8 Tx for xmas. I was surprised that with this I get noticeably smoother servo travel than with the DX6i. Very happy with it so far.
Hey Dave
I like the look of the DX8. Very nice.
Interesting how the servo travel is smoother too.
Be interested in how your finding the telemetry?
And hopefully catch up for a fly soon. Once these sea breezes turn abit more Westerly we'll have to organise a 'DIU' fly in at Warnbro.
Old Jan 09, 2011, 11:11 PM
Joined Jul 2009
137 Posts
HI Everybody,my lovely son got me a DIU isnt he great.
I need some info about covering it , CG and control surface movement Max