SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 17, 2009, 11:50 PM
The Hippy
Perth - Australia
Joined Nov 2008
233 Posts
Read about that. Still think its insane.
Wonder if it was a bird and someone has jumped the gun after seeing a RC plane flying 'close' by ?
Possibly a media beat up again *sigh*

But everyone how many planes did you have before the start of this week and now ? lol
ddoth is offline Find More Posts by ddoth
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2009, 06:16 AM
Inverted tail dragger
Australia, WA, Kalamunda
Joined Jan 2008
614 Posts
Hey funny you mentioned it,I had two at the beginning of the week,wednesday morning went out an flew both planes with 2 battery's each
extra's getting 8mins and the skinny get's 12/13 mins ... gotta be happy with that..ah,then that arvo down the park,
the maggies teamed up an downed my skinny smashing the front end.that's 1 down.
Now it's saturday and I've got 2 again..lucky for me I've got templates of the fuselage so the rebuild didn't take as long as i thought ..also went flying at forrestdale WOW the field was huUGGEE and still got both,so I wonder how 2morrow will fair???
1st timer is offline Find More Posts by 1st timer
Old Apr 18, 2009, 08:32 AM
Go fly ... be free
Baldivis Western Australia
Joined Jul 2008
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody63

Who'd be stupid enough to fly that close to the airport .

Betcha it was Bungraman. Will be doing a stocktake of your models tomorrow Piers!!!

Just between you and I, Goody. At least I have a fly-able model or one out of its box and capable of getting up that high !!!! LOL

It couldn't have been the Master Jedi either, he's much faster than a 737.
Bungraman is offline Find More Posts by Bungraman
Old Apr 19, 2009, 09:31 AM
Toof-fairy
Perth, Australia
Joined Sep 2005
802 Posts
I got up later than expected... but weather was almost perfect! except no one else was there when i got there.

I rocked up at about 11, but semi expected no one to be there... So I flew a pack on my foamy. The goal posts really do have some presence on the field, and the grass is pretty rough for a foamy in some spots. Sounds almost like it can take off the legs in some landings for the small wheels.

But some lines make for great spot landing "areas" which I failed too many times at hitting.

But hope for good weather next sunday, and to see other fliers there.

(btw.. where do you guys park your cars?)

Owen
osmium_192 is offline Find More Posts by osmium_192
Old Apr 19, 2009, 10:44 AM
How close are those trees?
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,883 Posts
Hey Owen

I think you got there just as we were leaving. We noticed someone flying a profile (nicely) up by the clubrooms just before we drove off.

We were basically at the opposite corner of the reserve. Cars parked under the trees just off Farington Street.

Anyway it was a good morning with a good turn up and only a couple of crashes (including snapping the nose off my Mini Delta on its maiden - but all fixed).

Noticed that the grass was a bit long today too but hopefully they'll cut it before next time!

A couple of photos attached.

See you next time.
Goody63 is offline Find More Posts by Goody63
Last edited by Goody63; Apr 20, 2009 at 07:57 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 12:53 PM
Toof-fairy
Perth, Australia
Joined Sep 2005
802 Posts
Hahahha oh well, next time..

Whos planes are whos? they all look like alot of fun. (the electrafun is a great all rounder, has it been hotted up?)
And is that (really thin) profile at the back of the second picture (with the clear and blue) from Midland hobbies?

Would really love to have a good fly next time. (seabreeze.com.au looks promising?)

Im really sad though, just last friday, lost my most recent park jet by leaving it on top of the car and driving off to a flying field. Someone must have picked it up and taken it home or something not to far from home. Wasnt even painted yet.

Have to build another one... prob at the end of this year when I get the time/parts again.

Anyways..

Hope I can get there on time next week.

Owen
Old Apr 20, 2009, 05:42 AM
Inverted tail dragger
Australia, WA, Kalamunda
Joined Jan 2008
614 Posts
Jes you got an eagle eye..it's a ace hobbies special and the red and black one (PA extra 260) is also mine...I'm standing on the right side of the 2nd photo
any way hope to see you there next time
cheers for now
Old Apr 20, 2009, 06:07 AM
Aussie 3DHS Addict :-)
Port Denison, Western Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,629 Posts
Hey Bungra - you got the firebird back up in the air !
WOOSHKA is offline Find More Posts by WOOSHKA
Old Apr 20, 2009, 07:29 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium_192
Hahahha oh well, next time..

Whos planes are whos? they all look like alot of fun. (the electrafun is a great all rounder, has it been hotted up?)
Electrafun and the Electric Shock are mine. And the Electrafun has had a couple of mods. Brushless/Lipo and 2.4 gig rxer. A sentimental favourite because it was my first plane and we went through so much together in the early days (like 3 fuselages and 4 wings!!) I still love to fly it and pretty much take it with me every time I fly.

Quote:
And is that (really thin) profile at the back of the second picture (with the clear and blue) from Midland hobbies?
See 1st Timer's reply above. Nice model and very well flown too.

Bungraman owns the Firebird (ex Woosha) and also had his Ultrafly Extra down on the day.

Fly Baby was also there with a very nice built up Cessna and a trainer.

Lastly Bill was there flying one of his home built profile biplanes.

Quote:
Would really love to have a good fly next time. (seabreeze.com.au looks promising?)

Im really sad though, just last friday, lost my most recent park jet by leaving it on top of the car and driving off to a flying field. Someone must have picked it up and taken it home or something not to far from home. Wasnt even painted yet.

Have to build another one... prob at the end of this year when I get the time/parts again.
Ashame about the EDF. I bet that wont ever happen again.

That plane you were flying on Sunday looked good though. What was it? Also what was the setup?

By the way I got down to Murdoch again today with the Mini Delta to try it again. I had adjusted the COG (with some good old sinkers sticky taped to the nose).

Anyway I managed to get it flying okay (it looked and sounded great) but kept out cutting out after 15 to 30 seconds flight. I'm not sure if it was the speedie or the rxer? All seemed to be working well during range and static tests. Evewn though it has a 2.4 rx it was basically sitting on top of the speedie so I'll try getting some insulation between them.

However I just had to try it just one time to many and broke the nose off - again!! All better now though and ready for its next crash

See you next time Owen.

I'm working Saturday but fingers crossed for Sunday.
Last edited by Goody63; Apr 20, 2009 at 08:27 AM.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 08:25 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOSHKA
Hey Bungra - you got the firebird back up in the air !
He did - very briefly though!!

Fan came off.

Firebird EDF Short Flight 190409 (0 min 4 sec)
Old Apr 21, 2009, 08:33 AM
The Hippy
Perth - Australia
Joined Nov 2008
233 Posts
Looks like I missed out on a good session
Went later in the day, good call putting it at the start of the day, the wind picked up a fair bit after lunch
ddoth is offline Find More Posts by ddoth
Old Apr 22, 2009, 10:44 AM
Toof-fairy
Perth, Australia
Joined Sep 2005
802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody63
That plane you were flying on Sunday looked good though. What was it? Also what was the setup?

Its a scratch foamy, 37" ?, 400grams, 150 watts, depron box

Love to see everyones planes in person! hopefully this weekend!
Pictures cant do justice

Is anyone flying sat or sun?
Old Apr 23, 2009, 01:32 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,883 Posts
Quote:
Its a scratch foamy, 37" ?, 400grams, 150 watts, depron box

Love to see everyones planes in person! hopefully this weekend!
Pictures cant do justice

Is anyone flying sat or sun?
Its looking okay for Sunday morning (and even better for the afternoon) but if I go it'll be around 0800?

Starting to get afraid that after the school holidays there's a good chance there will be team sport on at the park in the afternoon.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 07:49 AM
Inverted tail dragger
Australia, WA, Kalamunda
Joined Jan 2008
614 Posts
I'll be there..I think your right goody,a field that big going to waste doing no sport of some kind..I don't think so..
Anyway I'm going to fly my 260 alot more this time. There was no damage from th prop lose but just to make sure I'll be getting anew prop adapter..and few different prop's...see how much power we can get out of this thing!!Yeeha
Old Apr 23, 2009, 08:05 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st timer
I'll be there..I think your right goody,a field that big going to waste doing no sport of some kind..I don't think so..
Anyway I'm going to fly my 260 alot more this time. There was no damage from th prop lose but just to make sure I'll be getting anew prop adapter..and few different prop's...see how much power we can get out of this thing!!Yeeha
Those prop adaptors are more hastle than they are worth!!

When I was flowing the electric shock during the week (some benefits to shift work) the prop and adaptor came 'flying' off at high level.

We think the gws prop actually broke a blade during the flight and this caused the whole lot to come off.

Anyway let me know if you come across some good ones!!

Fingers crossed (weather wise) for Sunday morning.