HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2009, 09:28 PM
How close are those trees?
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl0PPsy
The cockpit is from a pdf that someone posted in the Yak55 thread. I just imported the pdf into Inkscape, vectorized it and resized it to suit my Yak. If you want the pdf or the vector file then just let me know and I'll post them. I have the cockpit in other colours too. Now that I have the base vector file I can put other characters in the cockpit too. I can see Snoopy piloting the 42" Yak55 I'll be starting soon hehe. The checkerboard pattern on the wings and rudder I did by hand using a Uni Posca paint pen for the yellow and a Sharpie for the black.
Nice Floppsy.

Is that epp or depron?
Goody63 is offline Find More Posts by Goody63
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2009, 09:37 PM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Sep 2006
214 Posts
Its 9mm 1.3# EPP.

EPP is great for making 3D trainers I think. It bounces well!! hehe
fl0PPsy is offline Find More Posts by fl0PPsy
Old Oct 17, 2009, 09:48 PM
Joined Jan 2007
22 Posts
for sale mini titan super cobra

Hi guys
Up for sale is my Mini Titan with the desert storm fuse on it.
full metal head as an upgrade, everything else is standard.
turnigy mg servos all round and a high speed digital servo on the tail.
logitech 2100 Gyro,
CF blades.
heaps of spares including all the stuff to get it back to a stock 3d titan so it no longer has the elbow in the tail.
also a full set of instruction for the helli and for the fuse to retro fit the 3d set up back on.
comes complete with servos, gyro, standard ESC, 5A ubec and AR6000 Rx.
only about 30-40 flights in 3d trim and about the same as the cobra.
All you will need is battery.

$550
Matty123 is offline Find More Posts by Matty123
Old Oct 18, 2009, 03:51 AM
Inverted tail dragger
Australia, WA, Kalamunda
Joined Jan 2008
614 Posts
Hartfield Park fly

Hi all,
well just come back from a great Sunday afternoon session of the aeronaurtical Fun at Hartfied Park.
Had some aerobatic fun with the local maggies piloting the PZ corsair,it flew faultlessly an battled the windy conditions with style,an not to mention the locals as well..btw those light posts are great..
Also got to maiden my Cap232,an wow it flew great as well,boy the roll rate in max is full on.. faaassttt.my god i'll just stick to low rate for the moment All together ran 9 batteries on 2 planes with only the 1 for the Cap cause I had too have a tree landing,only damage was a broken prop.. Not bad after a 2/2.5m drop onto it's nose as well.
cheers
jeff
1st timer is offline Find More Posts by 1st timer
Old Oct 18, 2009, 04:53 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Sep 2006
214 Posts
Sounds like a good day out

Ahh you've got a Corsair, nice. I'll have to bring mine down there next time.

I recently picked up one of the new P-51D's too. Havent flown it yet because I'm waiting on some stuff to arrive from HobbyKing so I can add the rudder servo before I maiden it.
fl0PPsy is offline Find More Posts by fl0PPsy
Old Oct 18, 2009, 05:10 AM
Inverted tail dragger
Australia, WA, Kalamunda
Joined Jan 2008
614 Posts
I recently picked up one of the new P-51D's too. Havent flown it yet because I'm waiting on some stuff to arrive from HobbyKing so I can add the rudder servo before I maiden it.[/QUOTE]

Awesome it will be nice to see that in the air..

Yeah the corsair is just a relaxing fly around. The Cap was a bit of a handful but nothing to major to worry about.
1st timer is offline Find More Posts by 1st timer
Old Oct 18, 2009, 07:13 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st timer
All together ran 9 batteries on 2 planes with only the 1 for the Cap cause I had too have a tree landing,only damage was a broken prop.. Not bad after a 2/2.5m drop onto it's nose as well.
cheers
jeff
Hey Jeff.

Gotta watch out for those Caps. They seem to love trees. However they don't always come back to Earth gracefully
Old Oct 20, 2009, 08:35 AM
Perth
Joined Oct 2009
1 Posts
New Hawk Sky

Don't know what's wrong with the Hawk Sky Matt but when I plug the battery in I've got a severe case of "servo twitch". Doesn't seem to go away either, strange???
KAF493 is offline Find More Posts by KAF493
Old Oct 22, 2009, 07:37 AM
Perth, Australia
Joined Jun 2009
69 Posts
Well the Tucano's built, might try to go down on saturday to maiden it, pushing 400W so it should be interesting.
bergerac is offline Find More Posts by bergerac
Old Oct 22, 2009, 07:07 PM
Aussie 3DHS Addict :-)
Port Denison, Western Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,629 Posts
Is that a HET Tucano bergerac? If it is a mate of mine has one and it only pulls 180W and it flys fine, bit slow tho , so 400w might be interesting
WOOSHKA is offline Find More Posts by WOOSHKA
Old Oct 23, 2009, 07:10 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,911 Posts
Indoor Flying 22/10/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergerac
Well the Tucano's built, might try to go down on saturday to maiden it, pushing 400W so it should be interesting.
Well speaking of 400 watts we had a good night at Indoor last night.

Was a really good turnup, but unfortunately meant that the airspace was often a little crowded.

I was personally involved (with the Pulama) in at least 2 'incidents' and spent the last part of the night appologising. I felt especially bad for the Vapour the Pulama collected. Hopefully it can be repaired okay.

And I hope the new nickname 'Killer' is quickly forgotten!

Anyway a highlight of the night was Wayne 'maidening' (well indoor maiden at least) his Nataku Cessna. Wayne and I both bought the cessna's a couple of weeks ago from Hobby City (less than $35 each ), but Wayne's upgraded his motor (to a massive HXT 5gmer) and is running it on 2S. I'm gonna build mine as a 1S so should be interesting to compare.

Anyway, Cessna video below.

Enjoy probably my last video taken on the old Fuji 'still' camera cos the gorgeous wife has just bought me a new Panasonic Video Camera

Now if only someone would film me flying sometime

Nataku Micro Cessna Perth Indoor Flying 221009 (1 min 42 sec)
Old Oct 24, 2009, 01:24 AM
Go fly ... be free
Baldivis Western Australia
Joined Jul 2008
67 Posts
How about filming some of those mid airs Goody, on that flash new camera of yours, now that would be prime viewing! PRICELESS

Bungra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody63

I was personally involved (with the Pulama) in at least 2 'incidents' and spent the last part of the night appologising. I felt especially bad for the Vapour the Pulama collected. Hopefully it can be repaired okay.

And I hope the new nickname 'Killer' is quickly forgotten!

Enjoy probably my last video taken on the old Fuji 'still' camera cos the gorgeous wife has just bought me a new Panasonic Video Camera

Now if only someone would film me flying sometime
Bungraman is online now Find More Posts by Bungraman
Old Oct 24, 2009, 06:46 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungraman
How about filming some of those mid airs Goody, on that flash new camera of yours, now that would be prime viewing! PRICELESS

Bungra.
Good idea. Will just have to have it ready for every time Wayne flies 'someone elses' plane!!

Tuesday weather looking pretty good Bungra. You gonna be back in town by then?

And speaking of flying...'Warbirds over Mundijong' on at KAMS tomorrow. Great opportunity to see everything scale from WW1 bipes to turbines. I'm going straight after work (around 1pm).
Old Oct 25, 2009, 01:18 AM
Toof-fairy
Perth, Australia
Joined Sep 2005
802 Posts
perfect weather now, except for the easterlies + histamine mediated allergic reactions.

Might give the rex another go with the 15t pinion this time. (3600kv motor i think.

Owen
osmium_192 is offline Find More Posts by osmium_192
Old Oct 25, 2009, 01:25 AM
Go fly ... be free
Baldivis Western Australia
Joined Jul 2008
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody63
Tuesday weather looking pretty good Bungra. You gonna be back in town by then?

And speaking of flying...'Warbirds over Mundijong' on at KAMS tomorrow. Great opportunity to see everything scale from WW1 bipes to turbines. I'm going straight after work (around 1pm).

Re comment #1 .... Bugger! back on Thursday night.

Re comment #2 .... Bugger!

Bungra
Bungraman is online now Find More Posts by Bungraman