HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 17, 2010, 01:03 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,967 Posts
Alright DOG good job.

I think you guys are slowly talking me into building a 100% now, I can't wait to go for a ride.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2010, 04:19 PM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
Is this thread dead?

I just got the twist 60 ARF. Man too easy. Everything is done, control surfaces pre hinged. Fuel tank lines and piping already installed!! Any way. I'll be running a super Tigre 90 Ringed in it. Currently has a 13X6 APC prop. I have read that some folks are using a 15 X 6 with this setup in their twist. Also what servos are you all using? Book calls for standards. I am not an extreme 3D flier (Yet). And CG. I have read that 5.5 from TLE, is the way to go at first.

Thanks
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Old Nov 29, 2010, 04:48 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,328 Posts
Try this thread.... Welcome to the addiction.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1177628

Ron
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:31 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,967 Posts
Hey Billd76 welcome and no the thread is not dead, So follow the link Daoldguy gave you as that is where the gang hangs out, this thread is just for a quick and easy reference guide.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Mar 25, 2011, 04:07 PM
Joined Feb 2011
2 Posts
twist flat spin

hey guys i'm flying a twist 40 v2 , i cant do a flat spin i've moved the balance all over used a supertiger 46 pro, 12x4 prop even on high rates with all the throw i can get it wont work. i'm missing something in my settup i've read it needs some up aileron mixxed in just not sure how, radio is a futaba 6ch ppm.any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
blrogersjr is offline Find More Posts by blrogersjr
Old Mar 25, 2011, 05:04 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blrogersjr View Post
hey guys i'm flying a twist 40 v2 , i cant do a flat spin i've moved the balance all over used a supertiger 46 pro, 12x4 prop even on high rates with all the throw i can get it wont work. i'm missing something in my settup i've read it needs some up aileron mixxed in just not sure how, radio is a futaba 6ch ppm.any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Hi - Take this over to the Twistaholic thread and we will give you a hand.

waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Apr 20, 2011, 07:31 PM
Joined Mar 2011
8 Posts
guys just a few easy questions from a new twist 40 flyer. I had to add about 3 ounces of weight just behind the fire wall to get it to balance at 5" behind the leading edge, is this normal? Also the plane is very hard to fly at 35% DR because the elevator is just way to darn much, is this because of the CG? Any pointers would be nice it is very easy to fly at high speeds but you slow it down and shes a horse of a different color. thanks in advance, YFD 27
YFD27 is offline Find More Posts by YFD27
Old Apr 20, 2011, 08:00 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YFD27 View Post
guys just a few easy questions from a new twist 40 flyer. I had to add about 3 ounces of weight just behind the fire wall to get it to balance at 5" behind the leading edge, is this normal? Also the plane is very hard to fly at 35% DR because the elevator is just way to darn much, is this because of the CG? Any pointers would be nice it is very easy to fly at high speeds but you slow it down and shes a horse of a different color. thanks in advance, YFD 27
Hi - Take this over to the Twistaholic thread and we will give you a hand.

Old May 18, 2011, 07:15 AM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,599 Posts
Here is a photo of the winglet I put on my T-40. The holes are 2 inches from the front of the winglet and are 6 inches apart. You can use the 6 inch dimension to scale them to the size that I cut out, but they could be sized to any size you want.

I made them of a lamination of 3/32 balsa and 1/32 ply. The ply could also be 1/16 for more stiffness. I spread a very thin layer of epoxy on the ply then laid the balsa on it and put a weight (concrete block) while curing.

Best way to attach is to carefully remove the covering on the tip first. Then I traced the outling of the tip rib on a piece of 1/8 balsa, cut out two pieces. Then trace these onto a piece of light plywood and cut out two pieces. Epoxy together. Drill the holes to match the holes in the winglet. Put blind nuts in the holes on the Lite Ply side (I used 6-32). Epoxy to the wing tip, balsa side out. Recover. I used 6-32 thumb screws for attachment. These winglets are really quite large and nearly drag the ground. I think they could be cut down. Don't think shape is all that important either. I made them the size they are so I can put them on the T-150 if the mood moves me. Try 'em out.
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Aug 03, 2011, 06:05 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
GAS - Walbro - Carb Tuning

Last edited by waynemia; Dec 02, 2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old Jun 04, 2012, 07:04 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,637 Posts
Old thread bumpus

I have added some very interesting info on the Castor vs Synth debate to page one.

.......if your into that

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=13

Reminder to newcomers.......please leave this thread clean.

If you have any questions about Twist's or questions of ANY kind please visit us here...................

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post21799916
Dad_Roman is online now Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Jun 04, 2012, 09:27 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Thank you Shane, we have done a good job of keeping this thread relatively clean and full of good information. For those of you who don't know why this thread even exists when there is such a vibrant Twisraholic thread, it is simply to keep information of the FAQ type in one easily digested thread. We appreciate you keeping it unencumbered while also encouraging you to join us on the other thread to offer advice, ask questions, or just hang out. Happy flying!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Jul 30, 2013, 06:29 AM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,408 Posts
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member