Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 06, 2009, 09:46 AM
Australia
Joined Mar 2007
6 Posts
Help!
No RPM Reading on new Elogger V3

Hello Support,

I have just purchased a Elogger V3, but are unable to get the RPM to work.

I am using the magnetic sensor, have configured for magentic sensor and get 0 rpm.

I have tried sensor both ways, magnet both ways with no joy. Thought the sensor may be faulty so ordered a replacement which arrived today and it still doesnt want to play ball. Still get 0 rpm

Tried different magnets. And even stuck one magnet on the shaft of a battery drill, with the sensor taped up next to it so that I was getting some reasonable RPM to measure.

Also ordered a optical rpm sensor to try, and configured the unit for optical rpm and still get 0 , no jumps or any other reading, just shows zero the whole time (other guages are working OK)

The other sensors I have (two temp sensors, altitude, airspeed, LCD PowerPanel) all seem to work fine. Shows pack voltage etc, in live mode.

I had a look through the forum on RCGroups and posted a querie and another member suggested I check the RPM sensor type setting. Have checked and it is set right.

Have downloaded latest software from your site, and run the firmware update. The unit came with CD labeled ver 6.93.

I purchased the unit from Hobby City about 6 - 10 days ago, and I am located in Australia.

Any suggestions or help you can offer would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Cheers

Scott.
lilredrex is offline Find More Posts by lilredrex
Last edited by lilredrex; Apr 06, 2009 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Change Category
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2009, 03:19 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,920 Posts
Hi Scott,

Sorry to hear about the issue! It sure sounds like the RPM input port of the eLogger is not working, unfortunately. Our automatic tester checks that, but something may have happened to the logger after our testing.

Probably the best course of action is to contact Hobby City about a replacement. Sorry about that!

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is online now Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 30, 2009, 06:15 AM
Australia
Joined Mar 2007
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
Hi Scott,

Sorry to hear about the issue! It sure sounds like the RPM input port of the eLogger is not working, unfortunately. Our automatic tester checks that, but something may have happened to the logger after our testing.

Probably the best course of action is to contact Hobby City about a replacement. Sorry about that!

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Hi Bill

Thanks for your help, have sent back to HobbyCity for replacment. In the mean time the 2nd one I ordered turned up and works a treat!

Downloaded my flights on the w/end and got some real insights in to what is going on. Great products

Cheers

Scott
lilredrex is offline Find More Posts by lilredrex
Old Apr 30, 2009, 01:08 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,920 Posts
Hi Scott,

Sorry for the trouble, but glad you got it working! We'll ultimately get the problem eLogger back from HC and will determine what went wrong.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is online now Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor