HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Steve Boone, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 06:48 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
There has always been a Paypal account (actually two). I use it for payments for decals. ssp@fourway.net or steveboone@sportsmanssoaringprogram.com

As far as the Radian goes. I need to pull it out of the box and check it over. I bought it here on R/C Groups. If I remember rightly I bought it with no rx as I fly Futaba. I never even put it together. I would want to make sure everything is GTG before selling it. I'll get on it. Since it is related to the thread as it's funding the web site, here's a pic from the old FS thread.
Steve Boone is offline Find More Posts by Steve Boone
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2011, 04:08 AM
Nova Scotia, Canada
Joined Jul 2007
135 Posts
Hi all
Thanks Steve for my copper form. Looking forward to getting started...just have to finish setting up my new Topmodel Prelude 2.5.
Maybe the new plane will generate some more glider guiders in my club, only a couple of us at the moment.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is online now Find More Posts by Andrew Smith
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2011, 04:28 AM
the answer 42 is
Switzerland, AG, Lenzburg
Joined Jan 2006
1,897 Posts
Dear Steve

I hope things are getting better for you and your family. I send you a small donation to your paypal account, I hope ti will help to keep the program running.

On other news, I finally got to fly again summer break one might say I finished another ladder great day at the slope: sun, not much wind but great thermals I am not sure if I made and extra 15 minutes flight, the conditions were so good that I started from top to bottom, and I was flying almost continuously, when I landed after my 10 min flight I was scratching my head and asking my self, did I already made the 15 min so I flew it again and close it with and piece o cake 5 min flight. More interestingly, the 20 min flight was the maiden flight of my latest plane, it went out of hand and need no trim, expect for some elevator on the brake mix :P I flew the whole ladder with that plane (sorry no pics on maiden day) and I had a huge grin all the time, it is my design and build and it just thermals like a dream, shows every little puff and turns in a dime

best regards

EZ
Edwinzea is offline Find More Posts by Edwinzea
Old Oct 20, 2011, 09:20 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
Andrew: It's good to have you on board. It would be great if your club members got into soaring as well. Then you could talk them into giving the SSP a try as well. HINT, HINT

Edwin: Thanks for the donation. Every bit helps. The program will always run. Unless I kick and no one wants to take over. If we ever grow large enough maybe we can find a way to fix that as well. The web site was in jeopardy due to all the med bills but that has been taken care of for another year.

My wife's health was at an all time low. There was a point when we weren't sure if she would pull through. She is finally getting able to get around by herself. Hopefully she will continue to improve a bit more over time. We would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

It's good to see that some of you are making progress. We now have 86 people working the program. Is it too late to hope for 100 by the end of the year? It always makes my day when someone drops me an e-mail to tell me how they're doing. Keep up the good work. Most importantly though, have fun!
Old Oct 20, 2011, 01:29 PM
the answer 42 is
Joined Jan 2006
1,897 Posts
heheh steve no prob, is better to invest those euros in something good, before the puff in the air :P

Im glad your wife is getting better, good vibes and positive thinking are the best medicines and of course a good han soup

I am still very happy about my result last weekend, is difficult to describe, my design, my build, and it flys like a condor now is getting cold again so I ma not sure if I will be able to pull the whole level this year :P and I cannot find my sheet I am not sure anymore what I have done already :P

Good flights

EZ
Old Feb 03, 2012, 08:01 PM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,134 Posts
Going to try to make some progress

Have a buddy at work that wants to see and try this "Neat" hobby so I am going to dress warm and try and get some task done Saturday. High of 41, BRRRR!!!!
I smell new sailplane pilot and SSP, LSF and AMA member . . . . . .

Joe
Thermaler is offline Find More Posts by Thermaler
Old Feb 04, 2012, 08:33 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
Hope you catch some thermals and reel in another soaring buddy. If he likes it and starts looking for a beginners plane send him my way. I'm still thinning out the fleet.
Old Feb 05, 2012, 09:08 PM
3 Sons - Legos and Lift
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Apr 2004
565 Posts
February gift

After church today I went out to fly with my sons. First toss of the DLG was a speck-out and there were a couple of additional climb outs. This is not normal for Michigan in February. We should have got out the SSP forms.

Thermaler - We didn't get out yesterday, but the weather was good. How did it go for you?

Tim
onewinch.com
2motheus is online now Find More Posts by 2motheus
Old Mar 04, 2012, 06:36 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
Spring is almost here guys. It's time to find those forms and dust them off. Grab a friend who has never been soaring and introduce them to this great hobby. This will also give you a new witness. It's a win win situation. Once you have them hooked on soaring, and they will be, introduce them to the SSP. Remember electrics are already welcome in the SSP. With it's two stage 6 level design ( 3 basic levels, 3 advanced levels) there's a lot the SSP can offer sailplane pilots. I would like to ask that every SSP member make an effort this year to get someone to try soaring. Every new soaring pilot is a potential SSP member. For the program to survive the test of time it must grow.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 06:43 AM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,134 Posts
I have one from work on the line, he keeps bugging me that he wants to see what soaring is.
Best I have been able to do so far is background pictures on my work computer, answers to endless questions and hope that the cycle of nice/bad weather shifts to the weekends!!!

Joe
Thermaler is offline Find More Posts by Thermaler
Old Mar 04, 2012, 10:24 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
I have a couple of power flying buddies that are going to give it a try this year as well. I have that spare Radian and I'm going to look for a cheap radio for it. Then they can even take it home if they want to work on their skills. I may not be able to fly this year if my arm doesn't get better. I can however teach soaring.
Old Mar 05, 2012, 09:39 PM
launch height can't fix stupid
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Jun 2005
1,249 Posts
I am going to seriously try and finish bronze level this summer. No more excuses!! Nor more lost forms !!!!!!!! I will also commit to getting some more people to try it. There is a thread over on the DLG/F3K forum talking LSF and I plugged the SSP. That might help

How many people have got a SSP number so far? I could search in the thread but bet you know the number off the top of your head.

Take care
Cory
corsha99 is offline Find More Posts by corsha99
Old Mar 05, 2012, 11:00 PM
Theoretical Modeler..
Joined Oct 2007
2,169 Posts
While I don't have a number yet, my AryHobby Sky-EV should be done this week and I can start my journey soon.
plane_tech is offline Find More Posts by plane_tech
Old Mar 06, 2012, 06:47 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
corsha99: Well not off the top of my head, but I do have the records. There are 86 people working on the program. Of those 16 have completed Copper level and one has completed Bronze. Also, 39 of our people also are involved with the LSF. 13 are from countries other than the USA. I keep hoping some of these 13 will really start to grow the program in their areas as well. We went international and allowed electric launch methods both from almost the very beginning. Something I'm proud of. BTW, Thanks for plugging the program on another thread.

plane tech: Get a hold of me and I'll get you signed up so you're ready to start when you get your plane done.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 03:39 AM
the answer 42 is
Joined Jan 2006
1,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsha99 View Post
There is a thread over on the DLG/F3K forum talking LSF and I plugged the SSP. That might help

Cory
It would be very interesting to have an DLG/F3K oriented program. Just for the sake of diversity

EZ