HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Steve Boone, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 08:34 AM
the answer 42 is
Switzerland, AG, Lenzburg
Joined Jan 2006
1,904 Posts
heheheh I am 1 30 minute flight away from the cooper level it must wait there would be no flying for me this weekend

regards

EZ
Edwinzea is offline Find More Posts by Edwinzea
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2011, 02:00 PM
Holland MI
Joined Feb 2010
347 Posts
yes the Spar broke.. From what i can tell.. the wing broke on the leading edge first.. (rips in fuselage and Wing).. then started to peal back broke the spar. if you match the spare where it broke it looks like this happened. then the wings trailing edge ripped aaway. Leaving the brass tube inplace and nylon bolt.. I started rebuilding it last night. Not sure if i will keep rebuilding or if this will make a next winter project..
I just ordered a castor Fuse, Boom, And v tail set from arthobby. I bought a Thermatic 2.5 meter from a Club member NIB. So im playing to build up the wing to work with both Kits this way i can do both electric and hi start comps...
Has anyone winched launched one of these thermatic 2.5 ?
Krazykayak75 is offline Find More Posts by Krazykayak75
Old Apr 30, 2011, 11:43 AM
the answer 42 is
Joined Jan 2006
1,904 Posts
some pics of my latest flying day, 30 min flihgt. one steaway from my cooper level

EZ
Old Apr 30, 2011, 06:34 PM
Ricky Windsock
USA, FL, Sanford
Joined Nov 2008
1,605 Posts
What a gorgeous place.
aussief3b is offline Find More Posts by aussief3b
RCG Plus Member
Old May 01, 2011, 01:08 AM
the answer 42 is
Joined Jan 2006
1,904 Posts
indeed, the slope is 15 min away from my home doen not have lots of wind 20km/h max!!! but you can find some regular thermal activity perfect for the SSP

EZ
Old May 01, 2011, 07:16 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
WOW, that is beautiful. If you get a chance could you send me the full resolution pictures?
In fact anyone with pictures to share of their flying site, favorite plane, etc. can submit them to: gallery@sportsmanssoaringprogram.com
Steve Boone is offline Find More Posts by Steve Boone
Old May 01, 2011, 07:47 AM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,217 Posts
And I thought we had a beautiful spot at Red Hen Turf Farms.
EZ can have our wind if he wants (>;

Joe
Thermaler is offline Find More Posts by Thermaler
Old May 01, 2011, 10:58 AM
the answer 42 is
Joined Jan 2006
1,904 Posts
Dear All

I finished my cooper level today, I was more than 4 hour in the slope and made the walk of shame many times, there was no wind and barley no thermals, finally around 3 ocklock (after I passed my bus back home) I go it it was a great flight jumping from thermal to thermal even got some air quality time with a bunch of falcons. I saw them playing, they just dive at high speed and the Zoom up again amazing thing to see.

@Steve I will send the pics in Full res

regards

EZ
who needs wind when there are thermals? and who needs aleirons anyway I love my BDZ
Last edited by Edwinzea; May 01, 2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old May 01, 2011, 01:26 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
If you want to speed things up. Take a picture of your form and e-mail it to me. Just make sure the info is all legible in the picture.
Old May 04, 2011, 01:13 PM
Grayslake, Illinois, United States
Joined Mar 2001
352 Posts
Is this program still active? tried on-line application but it fails and it has been a while since any update on the web site. Am getting back into soaring and would like to participate if the program has continued.
lenrev is offline Find More Posts by lenrev
Old May 04, 2011, 03:35 PM
Holland MI
Joined Feb 2010
347 Posts
the program is Up and running. I am just getting done with a Flying session today and about to fill out the Goals i met today.. today i dont think i made much of anything. winds are very wired and terbulant..Got my art hobby plane done.. castor 2.5 with thermatic wing 2.5

I do have a question about the rules..
I can use a Different Plane for the 1k out and back ?
Krazykayak75 is offline Find More Posts by Krazykayak75
Old May 04, 2011, 09:34 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
Not only is the program up and running, we have a new member. Edwinzea just completed his Copper level becoming the 16th person to finish the copper level. We have 83 people participating from around the world. The web site only gets updated when there's a need. The stupid form is the sites biggest head ache. If I could find a better one I would use it. That's why we left the e-mail address for people to send their info too. Just send me your info and I'll take care of you.
As for plane choice. You can use any plane you want. Mix and match them it makes things more fun. In fact I would be a better pilot if I would stick to one plane probably. I can't do it though. I love to fly planes and the more the merrier in my book. I think I fly about 18 different ones in the program.
Old May 05, 2011, 07:43 AM
the answer 42 is
Joined Jan 2006
1,904 Posts
I have Small question regarding the "DOWN WIND PRECISION LANDINGS" this concept is a bit unclear in a SLOPE that means that I have to come with tail wind, flying against the slope with the plane?? it is doable but is the way I learned not to land on a slope :P too much risk of loosing control of the plane.

regards

EZ
Proudly SSP#16 LOL
Old May 05, 2011, 08:26 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
I know, it was strange sounding to me as well. However, when we were developing the program the slope guys suggested it. They thought it was a good thing to practice for those not so perfect landings. Being flat landers Joe & I went with what the slope guys came up with for us. It's also why the advanced slope program hasn't been drawn up. No one has helped us slope deprived flat landers figure it out. Are you looking for a second job? I know where ones available.
Old May 05, 2011, 08:34 AM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2007
7,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Boone View Post
Are you looking for a second job? I know where ones available.
What's it pay?

N'O
TheNightowl is offline Find More Posts by TheNightowl