HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Steve Boone, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 06:04 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,549 Posts
A e-chysalis 2 meter sounds like a really good project for winter. Building season is almost here unfortunately. If you watch the for sale adds you can get a z-log for as little as $35. It can be used as your witness for timed flights as well if there's no landing required. The good part with that is if you're doing a timed flight and someoine shows up in time to witness your landing the z-log data can be printed to show the time. This gives you a witness for both the landing & time. Just remember, you must include a copy of the flight data from your logging device when you file the form to get credit. Once again the info you need is in the requirements pages on how to file this.
Steve Boone is offline Find More Posts by Steve Boone
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2010, 07:32 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,549 Posts
We've added another aspirant to the SSP. Welcome gillb from Israel.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 09:19 PM
3 Sons - Legos and Lift
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Apr 2004
560 Posts
Shalom!

I'm a little embarrassed by how little I've been able to work on tasks this summer. It's always in the back of my mind, though.

Tim
2motheus is offline Find More Posts by 2motheus
Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:03 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
Joined May 2008
1,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2motheus View Post
Shalom!

I'm a little embarrassed by how little I've been able to work on tasks this summer. It's always in the back of my mind, though.

Tim
+1 for me too Family and other projects have been eating up all my free time this year. I'd say I have been able to go flying maybe 20 times all year I'm going to try to get out before winter and do something productive but we will see.
jwhitacre is offline Find More Posts by jwhitacre
Old Sep 16, 2010, 06:12 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,549 Posts
Don't feel bad guys. I started the program and have only been out 4 times all year and have not been able to work on the program at all. Between the weather, remodeling and my wife's health it's been nearly impossible.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:05 PM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Boone View Post
Don't feel bad guys. I started the program and have only been out 4 times all year and have not been able to work on the program at all. Between the weather, remodeling and my wife's health it's been nearly impossible.
What he said!!

Joe
Thermaler is offline Find More Posts by Thermaler
Old Sep 17, 2010, 06:29 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,549 Posts
WHAT! You got married and didn't even invite me? LMAO
Old Sep 17, 2010, 09:12 PM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Boone View Post
WHAT! You got married and didn't even invite me? LMAO
It was a shotgun wedding and I used it on her the first night. I'm not telling where the body parts are at
Thermaler is offline Find More Posts by Thermaler
Old Sep 21, 2010, 04:22 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
Joined May 2008
1,022 Posts
I got a little time on sunday to get a few launches in with my 2 meter Spirit. I got a few decent flights in before my high start hose gave out. It was old and in need of replacement anyway so I wasn't surprised. I was going to pick up a Marauder kit soon but will probably get a new high start first now
Old Sep 22, 2010, 05:51 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,549 Posts
I guess it's your lucky day. I have one I would part with cheap as I don't use it any more. It even has a reel I made for it. I've launched up to a 3M Gnome with it. Drop me a PM if you're interested.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:35 AM
Pittsburgh, PA
Joined May 2008
1,022 Posts
PM sent, thanks again
Old Oct 24, 2010, 03:24 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,549 Posts
Sorry I haven't been as active lately guys. The wife's getting ready to start radiation therapy. We're also adding an enclosed porch on the back of the house. So time is short and we're a bit overwhelmed right now. The addition will allow me to regain a 5 x 12' space in the shop by eliminating the current stairs. Every inch is already planned out. You can never have enough shop area.
The SSP is alive and doing well. We've added a couple of more guys to the program. We're now at 74 people. I know it's not a huge number to some. I'm just glad it's filling the void for those out there that wanted a program like this. I hope some of you are getting a chance to do some flying and making some progress. The journey of being in "just a sportsman's program" wasn't so easy after all was it? We told you you would be earning your levels.
Remember, decals are available if you want them. See our website for details.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 11:56 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,549 Posts
Make that 75 people as of today.
Old Nov 02, 2010, 04:05 AM
Joined Sep 2009
35 Posts
my blu guppy video
Blu-Guppy Bergama'nın İlk Planörü PART-1 (9 min 0 sec)

very nice fly
bozo bozok is offline Find More Posts by bozo bozok
Old Nov 19, 2010, 07:09 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,549 Posts
I have had a habit of posting updates and news on R/C Groups.com as that's where this all started. Most of our members found us here and it just came naturally to do so. I've been informed recently that because of this practice it makes our SSP website look dead. So I'm changing my habits. From now on I will post on our site and if I feel it's relevant here on R/C Groups as well. It's also been requested that I add a member's progress report section to our site. I thought this was a great idea as I would like to know how people are doing and if they're enjoying the program as well. It has been done. For now I'm leaving the SSP News section open to post. I had plannned to shut off the comment section and use it for SSP posted info only. However I'm going to see how things go as it stands now. I've also decided that a bunch of the old news was no longer relevant and had become clutter. So I deleted it and plan to occasionally make a habit of cleansing the site of really outdated stuff maybe once or twice a year. Later on if need be, I can always do it quarterly. This should help keep things fresh.

The SSP is alive and doing well. I had hoped with all of the original interest we would have grown a bit faster. Not that I'm complaining. After all, since this is a more solitary program it will take longer to grow. Please help out where you can. Spread the word and encourage others to give it a try.

Lastly. There have been inquiries as to my own progress and involvement. A few have asked if I've lost interest or given up on the program. Let me reassure you I have not given up. This last year has been quite stressfull. Last year around this time we found out my wife had lukemia. Before we could get a grasp on what was going on with that she was diagnosed with breast cancer. We have been dealing with a lot this past year. Because of this I've barely flown this year. I spent most of my time just being there for my wife. It drove her crazy having me up her butt all year. She has beaten the breast cancer but is in radiation therapy until the end of the year. Then five more years of drug therapy. Her lukimia is getting worse but not an issue as yet. Since I was home so much I decided to do some home renovations. I managed to injure my arm pretty good and it is still giving me problems. I have also lost one friend to pancreatic cancer and will be losing another to the same in the very near future. Life can be brutal at times. So now you all know why I've been so lax in progressing with the program. I plan to do better next year. I may even get a chance to fly the Oly III I built last winter. It still hasn't had a proper flight.

Now enough about me. How are you all are doing?