New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Steve Boone, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 11:04 AM
Find More Posts by sjgoulet
SSP#1
United States, MO, Louisburg
Joined Apr 2007
717 Posts
Joe, did you ever find a pack assy for your Stylus yet? i still have the 2 even though they are different than the pic you posted mine are the 1100 mah and the other i had changed the batteries and its a 2300 or 2500 mah. If you want them they are yours.

Steve G
sjgoulet is offline Find More Posts by sjgoulet
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2013, 01:03 PM
Find More Posts by Steve Boone
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,487 Posts
Hey Steve. Haven't talked to you in a while. How's life? Getting any flying in?
Steve Boone is offline Find More Posts by Steve Boone
Old Jul 10, 2013, 03:05 PM
Find More Posts by Thermaler
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjgoulet View Post
Joe, did you ever find a pack assy for your Stylus yet? i still have the 2 even though they are different than the pic you posted mine are the 1100 mah and the other i had changed the batteries and its a 2300 or 2500 mah. If you want them they are yours.

Steve G
Hey Steve,
What Steve said
No I haven't found a loose cell battery holder yet. I need one more for the batteries I use in my cameras. I can plug it into my Sirius charger and take better care of them than the wall wart type charger that came with them.
I do have three of the regular ones with 2700 mha batteries. Makes for less down time do to drained batteries which a Stylus tx can do rather quickly.

Joe
Thermaler is offline Find More Posts by Thermaler
Old Jul 11, 2013, 10:51 PM
SSP#1
Joined Apr 2007
717 Posts
Steve, what flying i get to do anymore seems like its all at contests, maybe a day or two of practice in between. I'd need to get my 1K G&R done so i can complete this form ive had in my flight box for the last 2 years
Joe, if you want the 2 cases i have your more than welcome to them just PM me your address and ill get them sent to you, i have absolutely no use for them. I really did like the Stylus but they are such a battery hog, i really like my ATX SD10-G it reminds me alot of the Stylus with a 1/4 of the weight.

Steve G
Old Jul 12, 2013, 07:11 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,487 Posts
According to a discussion in the electric forum. Modern planes can do 4K from launch height. So a 1K G&R should be as simple as launch, do task and go home. No need to even look for lift. So what seems to be the problem?
Old Jul 12, 2013, 03:51 PM
SSP#1
Joined Apr 2007
717 Posts
Wellllllll, i dunno its usually when i decide its time to do this G&R i have been in lift all day then as soon as its time the dang lift just seems to disappear and also having a witness around, now maybe this weekend i can accomplish this task i have some practicing to do before the rescheduled Gateway Open which is the 20th and 21st so guys if ya aint doing anything come down to Ofallon Mo and fly with us at the Emerald View Turf farm.

Steve G
Old Jul 13, 2013, 06:10 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,487 Posts
Where you stand now in the program Joe?
Old Jul 13, 2013, 10:06 AM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Boone View Post
Where you stand now in the program Joe?
Looking at a mostly blank Bronze sheet, 12 task to complete.
I have done several but without a witness it is practice which you know I can use a lot of

How about you?

Joe
Old Jul 14, 2013, 11:13 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,487 Posts
I'm ahead of you. I only have 11 to do. I only had 5 landings when life got in the way. I plan to rectify that when the weather isn't too hot/humid. The 1K is on my list especially.

There's a huge wheat field across from me that's about to get harvested. It will make for almost the whole 1K having a place to land out if necessary. Plus it's on the side road. So driving and turning around for the return trip is no biggie.

Landings I never worry about as the ones for the beginning stages are no real effort for me. They're more of a thing to do on crappy lift days.

To be honest, I think the tougher ones are going to be the ladder, 45 min and the 1K on this level. Let's face it, the weather here isn't like flying in the warmer climate locations. Especially if the winds change and come in off of Lake Michigan.

The real work (as it should be) in the basic levels is going to be Silver. That one is going to be a lot tougher.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 03:32 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,487 Posts
One more day and this heat wave will be over. The Ava-E is almost ready. I'm waiting on some wire to make extensions for the ESC. They will be here Monday. The Falcon 880-E is getting closer as well. I'm hoping to get some flying in this weekend.

They harvested the wheat over the last couple of days by my house. That makes the 1K course at it's best. The wife and I have discussed the plan so she knows what is required of her as driver.

My primary goals are going to be the ladder, 45 min flight and G&R. These are where I want to concentrate my efforts first.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 11:52 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,487 Posts
Not so ugly any more, Joe. Still working on the electric fuse for it.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 07:15 AM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Boone View Post
Not so ugly any more, Joe. Still working on the electric fuse for it.
Nice job Steve. It is definitly no longer ugly!

Joe
Old Jul 29, 2013, 03:47 PM
Find More Posts by socommk23
always looking for clouds
Joined Aug 2010
423 Posts
hey guys.

just had a quick fly with the rad pro to see if itll fly after a second rebuild and decided to go for a walk at the same time.
i recorded the walk half way through

http://www.strava.com/activities/70745821

was a challenge in 30+kt wind and a couple of large gaps to clear. was great fun though. i recon i flew it atleast 1.5 miles in total though the recorded walk says 0.8 miles.

then i landed to see one wing almost unplugged....id forgotten the retaining screws in my hurry to fly before the sun set. ill scratch that one down to luck!
socommk23 is offline Find More Posts by socommk23
Old Jul 30, 2013, 06:26 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,487 Posts
You're very lucky. I decided to hurry a flight. Due to winds, excitement and old age my maiden flight didn't go so well. It cost me $550 when I forgot to pull the antenna out.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 09:39 AM
Find More Posts by jwhitacre
Pittsburgh, PA
Joined May 2008
1,029 Posts
Ouch I hope it wasnt the mystique you are talking about.
jwhitacre is offline Find More Posts by jwhitacre