HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Steve Boone, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 01, 2010, 01:42 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
NEWS: I've decided to try to drum up more interest in the SSP. So in order to get our name out there in the public eye I'm going to eat the cost of some of the decals. The decal WILL NOT fit in a regular envelope. I had to get special ones for them. So just send me a stamp and if you have it an address label and I'll send you 2 free decals. Be sure to include your current address if you don't have an address label. This will give you a decal for your vehicle and one for a plane. I'm hoping this will generate some interest from people who haven't heard about the program and help us to grow.
************************************************** ***********************************
There's been quite a bit of buzz on R/C Groups about XC. (cross country) We even have a new forum for it. So of course the question has been asked. Are we planning to have a Sportsman's XC program? HMMMM, we've covered TD and trying to get slope covered as well. So I guess the answer would be, possibly, if there's enough interest. So let me hear your ideas and we'll see what we can come up with. It will have to be a stand alone program. I refuse to go back and try to redo the current program again. Too many people have started it and it would just be too difficult. The good thing is, it could be based on points per mile or some such thing. Let's hear what you all think.
Steve Boone is offline Find More Posts by Steve Boone
Last edited by Steve Boone; May 01, 2010 at 01:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2010, 02:41 PM
Redcliff Alberta
Joined Jul 2008
584 Posts
SSP-XC I'm IN, Oh boy am I in .

Not realy sure if we need a point system for CX legs. It could be broken down into 3 catagory's : Free distance 1K,2K,5k,10K,20K
Out and return 1K,2K,5K,10K,20K
Closed Course (triangle with 3 or 4 point's) 3K,5K,10K,20K

The Closed Course will help those who have a resrticted area (eastern US,UK and the like).

Ken
SSP #6
L-Spatz is offline Find More Posts by L-Spatz
Old May 01, 2010, 02:45 PM
Redcliff Alberta
Joined Jul 2008
584 Posts
There are several small GPS logger's out there,so may need the logged flight as well as the witness form.

Just my 5 cent's(inflation you know) worth.

Ken
SSP #6
Old May 04, 2010, 08:19 PM
launch height can't fix stupid
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Jun 2005
1,284 Posts
I'm having enough problems just getting out and flying, let alone trying something extra. Next weekend is the Midwest Slope Challenge in Kansas though so I will definately get some flights in, finally
corsha99 is online now Find More Posts by corsha99
Old May 04, 2010, 08:38 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsha99 View Post
I'm having enough problems just getting out and flying, let alone trying something extra.
You and me both. The weather here has been terrible for flying so far this season. I haven't even been to the sod farm to see the guys yet this year. Not that anyone is probably there.
Old May 05, 2010, 12:09 AM
Redcliff Alberta
Joined Jul 2008
584 Posts
Same here. Not so sure about this Global Warming stuff. Wetter than I've ever seen in twenty two year's here. That and it's been snowing for three day's now. Oh well,every cool day, is one more day without the bloody sand fly's.

Ken
SSP #6
Old May 19, 2010, 11:03 PM
launch height can't fix stupid
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Jun 2005
1,284 Posts
Got some hardcore flying in this last weekend. Went to the Midwest Slope Challenge in Kansas for 4 days of slope soaring. Didn't work on the program at all but at least got to fly. Fun flying, combat, man on man racing with one design sailplanes and unlimited. All good.
corsha99 is online now Find More Posts by corsha99
Old May 20, 2010, 01:27 AM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,220 Posts
Going to work on mine thursday if somebody else comes out.

Joe
Thermaler is offline Find More Posts by Thermaler
Old Jun 02, 2010, 01:07 PM
Life is Good!
Germany
Joined Apr 2005
1,200 Posts
Bump...kind of quiet in here. Is anyone out there working on SSP tasks?
Tank52 is offline Find More Posts by Tank52
Old Jun 02, 2010, 08:01 PM
Okanagan Falls. British columbia. Canada
Joined Nov 2006
366 Posts
Like Ken Spatz said, waiting on the weather. Rain showeres and wind. At my age I like to fly in comfort.Looks promising for next week . If I do fly I shall let you know.

Ken.
knormang is offline Find More Posts by knormang
Old Jun 02, 2010, 11:04 PM
Redcliff Alberta
Joined Jul 2008
584 Posts
Gee Ken. We should get together some time this summer and do some sloping in Fernie.

Ken
SSP #6
Old Jun 03, 2010, 07:54 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
Sadly, I've been doing everything but soaring. Moved our 15x30 pool, remodeling the house and poor weather has kept me grounded. I'm hoping to get out soon. On the plus side, I have taken a little time away from work to build. My Oly III is getting closer. Of course if it weren't for all of the work it would be done. Sometimes life must come first.
Old Jun 03, 2010, 08:23 AM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Boone View Post
Sadly, I've been doing everything but soaring. Moved our 15x30 pool, remodeling the house and poor weather has kept me grounded. I'm hoping to get out soon. On the plus side, I have taken a little time away from work to build. My Oly III is getting closer. Of course if it weren't for all of the work it would be done. Sometimes life must come first.
We hope so, we miss you and your retriever

Joe
Thermaler is offline Find More Posts by Thermaler
Old Jun 03, 2010, 11:35 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
Take a couple of vacation days and help with my honey do list and I'll lend it to you. At least now I can start flying from the pool again on those hot days.
Old Jun 03, 2010, 04:45 PM
SSP#1
United States, MO, Louisburg
Joined Apr 2007
652 Posts
Steve just dont drop the Tx when your reaching for that cold beverage huuummm flying from the pool, dang now i need to go get me one of those swimmin pools for behind my shop when it gets really hot out.

Steve
sjgoulet is online now Find More Posts by sjgoulet