HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Steve Boone, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:13 PM
launch height can't fix stupid
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Jun 2005
1,234 Posts
Quickly read the DS and F3F type task. One suggestion is to mention that the laps on a course is related to F3F racing. Maybe even give them some links like you did for the aerobatics.

Will read in more detail when I am not trying to catch up on sleep.
corsha99 is offline Find More Posts by corsha99
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2010, 08:09 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
That new baby wearing you out a bit eh? Been there, I've raised 8. I'll just stick with the grand kids and great grand kids now. You can spoil them, send them home and get some sleep afterwards.
Steve Boone is offline Find More Posts by Steve Boone
Old Mar 29, 2010, 07:08 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
The weather here has yet to break. This week is looking good though. In the mean time I'm building a new OLY III. Should start the wings this week. Is any one getting any flying in? Making any progress on the program? Let's here from you. Now that the program is built we can use this thread for a place to talk about how we're progressing.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:12 AM
Redcliff Alberta
Joined Jul 2008
584 Posts
Hang in there,warm weather is coming! It was 21C (72F) here on saterday(amazing how fast the snow vanished!!) and was able to work in a couple of 15 minute flight 's with the Windward. It's going to be a good year, when I can get the old girl to speck out in MARCH on a realatively stable day.

Oly III EH?? You plan on doing some long duration flight's this year??

Ken
SSP #6
L-Spatz is offline Find More Posts by L-Spatz
Old Mar 30, 2010, 05:58 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
I'm planning on some XC and duration flights this year. Now I just need to learn to program this new fangled 12FG radio.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 08:07 PM
3 Sons - Legos and Lift
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Apr 2004
565 Posts
I had the DLG out on my lunch break. Four tosses for 21 minutes of flight, and on one I came down on purpose. Shared the air with a red tail who didn't mind at all.

I'm also helping son #2 (8 yo) fix up an old GL for the season. I assume he will pick up the flying quickly and will join older brother (10 yo) on the flight line. I hope by the end of the summer they won't need me to help with launches. Time to break out the SSP forms.

Tim

SSP #9
2motheus is offline Find More Posts by 2motheus
Old Apr 14, 2010, 05:51 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
The thread has slowed way down. With the program completed and in full swing I hope everyone is having fun and getting some tasks marked off their sheets. Weather conditions have yet to allow us to get out and do some flying here. We're hoping to see that change some time soon. In the mean time, I'm trying to build an OLY III and remodeling my house. I would much prefer being out flying than remodeling.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 09:29 PM
launch height can't fix stupid
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Jun 2005
1,234 Posts
We have had awesome weather but I haven't been able to break free yet.
corsha99 is offline Find More Posts by corsha99
Old Apr 17, 2010, 12:55 PM
3 Sons - Legos and Lift
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Apr 2004
565 Posts
Last Sunday afternoon we maidened the old GL I mentioned above. First flight off the line was close to 15 minutes. My 10 yo found a thermal on his own with it and was able to stay in it. My 8 yo was able to fly a good bit and make one landing. A couple of other kids got some time on the sticks. It was a good start to the season, but the weather's closed in again.

Tim
2motheus is offline Find More Posts by 2motheus
Old Apr 17, 2010, 01:21 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
I'm very jealous. Cold and windy here.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:29 AM
SSP#1
United States, MO, Louisburg
Joined Apr 2007
475 Posts
Steve, its nice and sunny here and the wind god's must be smiling upon us. I flew some Saturday by myself and Sunday there was 3 of us out, myself Adam Quennoz, and Jeff Pfhiefer (sorry Jeff if i spelled it wrong) Adam flew his new Satori, what an awesome ship his last flite lasted just over the 1hr mark, Jeff flew his Superstar and i flew my old Fazer. I had also brought my Shaon out but never got it together. Even though later in the day it clouded up and cooled off the lift was abundant once you got through the inversion layer. Adam, Jeff and i all specked, my neck started to get a little sore around 30 to 40 minutes so i brought the fazer down and besides i dont think my eyes are what they use to be, for me there was a few times it was scarey high. I need to get me one of those thingys that tells ya just how high you were, also it may have been the cloud cover that was playing with my eyes, i think its time for glasses
I hope some of you had as great of a weekend as i did. Im hoping to ge in some contests this year but work keeps getting in the way.

Ya'll have a great day
Steve
sjgoulet is online now Find More Posts by sjgoulet
Old Apr 19, 2010, 04:08 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
Finally a perfect day for flying here. Too bad I was sucking drywall dust and trying to make progress on the main bathroom in the house. The sadest part is even if I would have gave in and went flying, the only plane I have programmed in the new radio is the Radian. There needs to be more hours in a day or something. Good thing I hired help to get the remodeling over with. Glad to hear someone is getting out and keeping the SSP going.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 12:02 AM
Perth WA
Joined Feb 2007
1,038 Posts
Any thoughts on opening this up to electric powered gliders with height limiting devices to set the launch height? Sacrilege I know - LOL!!!!
Modelholic is offline Find More Posts by Modelholic
Old Apr 23, 2010, 06:25 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
We already have allowances for electrics. If you go to our site and read the requirements page you will find the rules for using electrics. We did this very early on so electrics could be included in the program.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 08:47 AM
Perth WA
Joined Feb 2007
1,038 Posts
That's great news - thanks.
Modelholic is offline Find More Posts by Modelholic