HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Steve Boone, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:02 PM
Redcliff Alberta
Joined Jul 2008
584 Posts
I was thinking that the downward 4 pointer would be iffy. Try it with a stall at the top of #3 and try a 4 rotation spin. Or may have to swap it out with #5.

Ken
SSP #6
L-Spatz is offline Find More Posts by L-Spatz
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2010, 06:40 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,546 Posts
Since we have a 4 point roll in 2, I think we should just drop it all together. I hate to put it in 5 because you'll need the speed to do the knife edge in 6. How did the rest fly?
Steve Boone is offline Find More Posts by Steve Boone
Old Feb 23, 2010, 08:33 AM
launch height can't fix stupid
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Jun 2005
1,180 Posts
rest of it is pretty straight forward. flew it with the Fox that comes with CRRCSIM. The hammerhead turn wasn't pretty but that was probably because of the sim. Everything else was doable but requires you to keep the energy up to do manuevers fast and clean enough to stay in the "box"

I would avoid spins for this one. Spins are very limiting as far as number of people who have a model that can do them. They also chew up a lot of vertical real estate, especially when flown poorly by a model that probably shouldn't been trying it in the first place.
corsha99 is offline Find More Posts by corsha99
Old Feb 24, 2010, 01:21 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,546 Posts
The final version of R1 (routine 1 ) is now available for viewing at our web site.
Last edited by Steve Boone; Mar 01, 2010 at 03:36 PM. Reason: removed temp form
Old Feb 28, 2010, 06:45 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,546 Posts
UPDATE: The main program and TD Advanced are done. I'm currently in the process of updating all of the SSP files and the web site. I'll let everyone know when it's all done.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 09:33 AM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,832 Posts
Argh, finally got this form thing fiqured out. Filled out, mad a snipe JPG and attached to email. Looks like easy fun, and should be. Looking forward to it after the last frost in here parts.

Jared
jcstalls is offline Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 28, 2010, 03:08 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,546 Posts
Did the form not work for you? I like to keep tabs on any issues with it. The way you did it will work just fine though. In fact, you have mail.
Last edited by Steve Boone; Feb 28, 2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old Mar 01, 2010, 07:37 AM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,832 Posts
Nope, still not working. At least three different computers and operating systems. Last try yesterday after filling it out and code would not qualify, so I decided to print. Well, the wheel just went round and round and round. So, good ol' Snip tool, save file as and attach.

FWI: The Snip tool can grab anything on your screen.

Will make a special folder and put in my WingTote TX bag.

Very clear and well designed form, and lots of "Or". Nice.

Jared
jcstalls is offline Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2010, 03:34 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,546 Posts
UPDATE: I've posted everything to the web site. I still have to proof-read everything again to make sure I didn't screw anything up. Then I plan to re-check all of the requirements (rules) to look for errors or anything that needs clarifying. It's a long and quite boring process. We hope you all like how it turned out. And yes, the work load in advanced is going to take a while. It's the long term part of the program. I hope you all enjoy it!
Last edited by Steve Boone; Mar 02, 2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old Mar 02, 2010, 05:29 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,546 Posts
I need to add dynamic soaring, laps on a course and consecutive flight tasks to the requirements page. I'm not sure how I over-looked those. Then I should have everything caught up.
Old Mar 03, 2010, 10:37 AM
Joined Jun 2005
1,180 Posts
Been meaning to read the website to see if everything is there but have been pre-occupied. Kid #4 came Friday night.
Old Mar 03, 2010, 12:26 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,546 Posts
Congratulations!!! Looks like a future soaring partner in the making.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 08:45 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,546 Posts
I think the Dynamic soaring and laps on a course should have a time set from launch to starting of the task? 3 minutes from launch to start of task? Shorter? Longer?

************************************************** ************************************************** *********

I've almost finished the requirements updates and proof reading. It should all be posted and finished soon.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 09:41 AM
Joined Jun 2005
1,180 Posts
that time to start task sounds fine if you really think you need one. In reality most people will probably start it much quicker than that, otherwise they wouldn't bother launching.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 08:08 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,546 Posts
It's finally done. If anyone sees anything that doesn't look right, typo's, or something that needs clarifying please let me know. I have read this through so many times I simply pass over some stuff and don't even notice it at this point. The web site is updated as well. Now that the program is complete (except slope advanced) I'm hoping that we can get some more people interested. If you're enjoying the program please help to spread the word. Thank you everyone for your help and support!