SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Steve Boone, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 08:44 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
Sweet. Thanks for the video. Now how can I get smoke on my sailplane? I love the smoke. Just ask anyone I fly with. SMOKE ON!!! Add a little citrinella and the the mosquitoes aren't a problem any more.
Steve Boone is offline Find More Posts by Steve Boone
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2010, 11:56 AM
Redcliff Alberta
Joined Jul 2008
584 Posts
Here ya go old pal !!! Easy enuff to make a lite ply holder thats rubber banded on.

Also come's in Large and plain white.

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/small_smo..._1414_prd1.htm

Ken
SSP #6
L-Spatz is offline Find More Posts by L-Spatz
Old Feb 17, 2010, 01:23 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
Ok, I finally had a chance to sit down and get (R1) routine 1 done. I hope you all like it. I kept it a bit easy as it's the first time you will be required to do a whole sequence. Let me know what you all think.
I've also been finishing up the TD advanced program. I have sent it to Joe to get his input and then I will do the final revisions and have it done as well.
In the mean time I have been finishing up the requirements pages and making any changes that are needed. This includes any changes to the website as well to get it all updated. I'm hoping to be done very shortly.
If anyone knows someone who has the program for printing aresti charts, let me know. I would love to have someone make these a bit nicer and have them as a PDF to send out as well. Thanks.
Last edited by Steve Boone; Feb 20, 2010 at 07:36 AM. Reason: removed temp form
Old Feb 17, 2010, 01:55 PM
LSF303 / AMA Life Member
USA, IL, Wheeling
Joined Jan 2003
3,171 Posts
Aresti Diagram Software

There are a few different software packages in this thread for doing Aresti diagrams: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1108316

tk
tkallev is offline Find More Posts by tkallev
Old Feb 17, 2010, 04:24 PM
launch height can't fix stupid
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Jun 2005
1,298 Posts
That looks pretty doable for the first routine. Will fly it on the sim sometime to see how hard it really is.
corsha99 is online now Find More Posts by corsha99
Old Feb 17, 2010, 08:25 PM
Redcliff Alberta
Joined Jul 2008
584 Posts
Looks good here. Having it on a sheet like that will be handy. Print it off,slap on a clipboard and give to your caller/timer. That way they can see what the manover is to look like.

Ken
SSP #6
Old Feb 18, 2010, 12:27 AM
Foamy Season is here! MX2#1
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2005
3,406 Posts
pretty simple routine, but I like that you are doing a aerobatic sheet for gliders, unlike imac doing this withthe gliders is a bit more involved with energy managament and knowing how high you need to enter thebox and not run out of altitude. I was lucky enough to watch some full scale fox's doing routines near Garmish Germany back in 2000. very gracful.. unfortuneatly the luftsport I was flying with wouldnt let me try with our old gliders , I may try this routine with my ventus this spring,, it it doesnt snap the wing.
mike
pitviper51 is offline Find More Posts by pitviper51
Old Feb 18, 2010, 07:25 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Spatz View Post
Looks good here. Having it on a sheet like that will be handy. Print it off,slap on a clipboard and give to your caller/timer. That way they can see what the manover is to look like.
It's also a lot easier than trying to explain it in words.

Thanks guys for the possitive responses. Do you all think it's hard enough since it's the first routine requirement? I think it should be done twice as well. After all, it's going across from a 2K G&R.
With this and a couple more requirement fixes we will have the main program complete. (If there was a smiley doing a happy dance it would go here )
Old Feb 18, 2010, 09:37 AM
launch height can't fix stupid
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Jun 2005
1,298 Posts
No, I don't think it is hard enough in comparison to the G&R, even done twice. By this time, haven't they had to do knife edges? If so, add them into the mix a couple of places.
corsha99 is online now Find More Posts by corsha99
Old Feb 18, 2010, 11:34 AM
Redcliff Alberta
Joined Jul 2008
584 Posts
A 4 point roll could go after the 45 degree, in #2 and/or #8. How about #2 gets 4 point roll to the right, #8 has 4 point roll to the left,or a left and a right?

Ken
SSP#6
Old Feb 19, 2010, 09:41 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
That's what I like to see. Guys who aren't afraid to make things harder and more challenging. I'll add to it and make a few changes. BTW, I personally agree with making them go the oposite direction. However, I've always been told it's always pilot's choice when it comes to direction for spins, rolls, etc. as long as you end up in the right attitude. (upright or inverted) Maybe I heard wrong.
Do you like this better? Has knife edge, 4 point rolls, and spins.
Last edited by Steve Boone; Feb 20, 2010 at 07:36 AM. Reason: removed temp form
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:28 PM
Redcliff Alberta
Joined Jul 2008
584 Posts
Now we're cooking!!

Ken
SSP #6
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:34 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
You like that do ya? Cool! Now I just have to do this until everyone else chimes in. Do it twice or three times? I think twice would be good. After all you do have to try to memorize it and perfect it enough that it's recognizable enough to pass.
UNRELATED SUBJECT: Now it's off to the shop to build my new 3D electric. I picked up a PA Extra MX to have some fun with. Runs on 6S at 1300 watts. Should be entertaining!
Old Feb 19, 2010, 02:52 PM
Redcliff Alberta
Joined Jul 2008
584 Posts
But will it thermal!!!

Haveing a small clipboard on the transmiter will aid in doing the manuver's,should be legal as they are used by the IMAC and TOC flyer's.

Ken
SSP #6
Old Feb 19, 2010, 05:06 PM
SSP#1
United States, MO, Louisburg
Joined Apr 2007
663 Posts
Ken, it may thermal but im sure it will depend on how high Steve can get it
sjgoulet is online now Find More Posts by sjgoulet