HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Steve Boone, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 07, 2010, 11:10 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
Here's what I have so far. Look about right? I 'll draw up the A4 aerobatics and R2 routine this week. The R1 will be a tough one as it's the final level for the main program. Let me know what you guys come up with for DS laps. I will also get the requirements pages finished to include these new tasks as well. I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Honestly, it will be nice to see this finished. Then we can start spending time recruiting new people instead of trying to build the program.
Steve Boone is offline Find More Posts by Steve Boone
Last edited by Steve Boone; Feb 08, 2010 at 08:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2010, 06:39 PM
launch height can't fix stupid
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Jun 2005
1,259 Posts
On the slope side, the F3F task must be on a 100 meter course for those times to be acheiveable. That is also consistent with the F3F rules.

For the DS task, I have pretty much confirmed that 10 laps in a minute is doable, 12 would be pushing some people pretty well. Based on that I suggest 2 tries with 8 laps, 2 tries with 10 laps, and 1 with 12.
corsha99 is offline Find More Posts by corsha99
Old Feb 08, 2010, 08:13 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
100 M, oops, my bad. ( Changed )
Ok, how does this look so far? I'll get on the A4, R1 stuff right away. Maybe we can get this all done and aproved this week. That would be sweet!
Old Feb 08, 2010, 09:48 AM
Joined Jun 2005
1,259 Posts
Looks ok to me. Curios to see the aerobatic maneuvers and routine
Old Feb 08, 2010, 12:36 PM
Redcliff Alberta
Joined Jul 2008
584 Posts
Two thumb's up here. Now just to get rid of this flipping snow,and get back to flying.

Ken
SSP #6
L-Spatz is offline Find More Posts by L-Spatz
Old Feb 11, 2010, 02:51 PM
SSP#1
United States, MO, Louisburg
Joined Apr 2007
609 Posts
Ken, dont worry about the snow go fly, have fun get cold a friend of mine and i have been flying pretty much all winter and finding some great lift, of course here its not as cold as where you are, but theres still snow on the ground here.
sjgoulet is online now Find More Posts by sjgoulet
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:31 PM
Redcliff Alberta
Joined Jul 2008
584 Posts
Thanks for the motivation #1. Getting a fair amount of slopeing in,as it dosn't need the Hi-start or winch. The snow does have one benifit to it. It make's it a lot easy'r to run my 12 snowmobile's .
On my 2002 Summit at the Notch. About 8 feet behind me it drops near 90 degrees for 3000ft,a wonderfull slope site .

Ken
SSP #6
Last edited by L-Spatz; Feb 11, 2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:20 AM
SSP#1
United States, MO, Louisburg
Joined Apr 2007
609 Posts
Ken, what a great looking place to fly im jealous, wish our slopes here in Missouri looked like that. We do have a few small slopes and they are great to toss the DLG'S off of and the wind has to be in the right direction for the one we fly off of. I don't know if it's possible to fly from but we have some very large lakes here with some big damns. I thought at one time someone said since the 911 ordeal that flying from the damns or dykes wasn't permitted anymore but if i'm wrong someone tell me and i'm going to hit those sites.

Steve
sjgoulet is online now Find More Posts by sjgoulet
Old Feb 12, 2010, 04:15 PM
Redcliff Alberta
Joined Jul 2008
584 Posts
That sounds like fun,as long as you don't land short( have boat handy !). I would give it a try anyway, all they can do is ask you to leave. That 911isim, is amazing. The commy's are gone so now we have the Talaban, LONG LIVE MACARTHYisim.

Ken
SSP #6
Old Feb 14, 2010, 11:45 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
Sorry, it's been a busy week. Here's A4. Remember, if you're not sure what a maneuver looks like, it would be a good idea to follow the link on our site to the aresti page. It will make things easier to understand. Yes, this is going to take some effort. It should. It's the final level of the main program. Let the flogging of the president begin.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 02:24 PM
Redcliff Alberta
Joined Jul 2008
584 Posts
FLOGGING?? Hell I like it a lot. I take it that the > simble means "into"? Ie half roll >(into) inverted flight.

I'm going to need to dust off the old Cris Foss Phase 4 .

Ken
SSP #6
Last edited by L-Spatz; Feb 14, 2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 08:45 PM
Joined Jun 2005
1,259 Posts
Works for me. Just having a problem figuring out what a "figure 9" is. Do you mean a spin that is mentioned in the linked pdf figure 9? Never heard of a goldfish before but that is explained well in the pdf.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 09:12 PM
Redcliff Alberta
Joined Jul 2008
584 Posts
A figure "9" is an inside loop,where on the vertical point, you let off of the backstick for a second or so,for a vertical climb. Then pull the remainder of the loop, crossing your vertical line about half way between the start and finish of your straight vertical line.

Tho most of mine look more like a backwards "e" .

This work for you?

Ken
SSP #6
Old Feb 14, 2010, 09:14 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
Figure 9: If you look at the aresti made simple PDF the explanation comes right after tailslides. It's a hard pull to an upline with a loop that ends up coming back through the upline about half way down. (I think I explained that right) Ends up looking like a "9" .
Yup, ">" means "into". I'm glad you guys like it. I really didn't want to start over again.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 11:37 PM
Redcliff Alberta
Joined Jul 2008
584 Posts
These guy's are doing a figure 9 followed by another figure 9.

They sure need practice!!

ŻELAZNY VERTICAL FIGURE (0 min 59 sec)

Make it clear as glass with a vid.

Ken
SSP #6