HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Steve Boone, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 05:56 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
corsha99: I have your membership card ready. As soon as I get the decals in I will send them on their way. Please send Thermaler a picture of you and the plane you used for the climbers page.
************************************************** ************************************************** ************
sjgoulet: Don't think I've forgotten you. Yours will be on the way as well.
************************************************** ************************************************** ***********
Thermaler: You'll get yours when I see you this weekend. I can save a stamp. (I"m cheap you know )
Steve Boone is offline Find More Posts by Steve Boone
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2009, 07:18 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
Thank you moderators for making this a sticky!
************************************************** ************************************************** ***********
MEMBERSHIP CARDS: Here's what the membership cards look like. The only difference is that Seve G's has his number in red since he is #1. Everyone elses are in black.
Last edited by Steve Boone; Aug 19, 2009 at 08:02 AM.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 08:41 AM
launch height can't fix stupid
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Jun 2005
1,252 Posts
Will get some pics this weekend while at an F3F event in Kansas. Too busy with things to even put the planes together during the week
corsha99 is online now Find More Posts by corsha99
Old Aug 19, 2009, 09:12 AM
SSP#1
United States, MO, Louisburg
Joined Apr 2007
549 Posts
Steve, i'll be sending you some $$$$$$ for the membership card and the decals i'll let you know how many i need. Maybe this weekend it will clear up enough to fly, the dang rain has plagued us all week and there has been no break at all, clear 1 minute rain the next. Still working on that 1hr, maybe someday it will happen. Steve your doing a great job on this whole program, if i haven't told you before thanks for putting this together. This program is great for me, there is no way i can travel to any contests, running 2 body shops leaves little time on the weekends to go anywhere so most of my flying is in a 30 mile radius of my shop, i'm just lucky enough that my shop sits on 5 acres and nothing but a few trees between me and wide open spaces so if i feel that urge to get some air time out i go.

Everyone have a great day
Steve
sjgoulet is online now Find More Posts by sjgoulet
Old Aug 19, 2009, 08:22 PM
Redcliff Alberta
Joined Jul 2008
584 Posts
Yes !! A wonderfull job you are doing there boss. Great Steve gets the ONLY red # just cuz he was first, I can hear the head swelling from here.

Just Kidding man!! Well Done. It will be great when we are all working on our Titanium sheet .

Ken
L-Spatz is offline Find More Posts by L-Spatz
Old Aug 20, 2009, 08:47 AM
SSP#1
Joined Apr 2007
549 Posts
Ken, titanium heck i cant even get past this 1hr flight yet but i'm having such a great time trying to get there . Weatherman claims it's gonna be nice this weekend, i hope he's right i haven't flown all week i think i may be going into withdrawals or something like that, i may need to seek professional help

Steve
Old Aug 20, 2009, 11:15 AM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,136 Posts
I am hoping we did not get too much rain to fly Saturday and Sundy

Joe
Thermaler is offline Find More Posts by Thermaler
Old Aug 20, 2009, 01:11 PM
Making wood fly since 2007
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Mar 2008
2,512 Posts
Congratulations on getting this thread made into a sticky.

Wayne
Windependence is offline Find More Posts by Windependence
Old Aug 20, 2009, 03:41 PM
Redcliff Alberta
Joined Jul 2008
584 Posts
I have a FunFly with the Calgary Soaring club on Saterday,so I'm hopeing to finish my task's and get my sheet in the mail(Super Express post to keep my number in the single digit's)on monday. Untill I have that magic # ,I'm still a soaring wanna-be. And no, you don't have to agree with that last bit .

Ken
L-Spatz is offline Find More Posts by L-Spatz
Old Aug 24, 2009, 09:25 AM
SSP#1
Joined Apr 2007
549 Posts
Steve, Joe and the rest did anyone get any flying done this weekend? Went out yesterday and it was a perfect day to fly. put up my new to me Sharon 3.7, man this thing is awesome, 3 trim flights later this bird hit a HUGE thermal and up it went. I set the timer just for the heck of it, the 1st two flights with it were 10:45 and 26:33 then the buzzards showed up and showed me where the lift really was. I don't know if we actually touched each other but one of those birds did some quick rolls and i could see the Sharon wobble, so maybe we did. After 45:00 minutes of flying i decided i needed a place to park my backside and set in for the long haul. To make a long story short i did get my 1hr plus an additional 13:23 extra but guess what NO witness oh well it was a great day anyway to just get out and fly.

Everyone have a great day
Steve
Old Aug 24, 2009, 09:57 AM
3 Sons - Legos and Lift
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Apr 2004
565 Posts
A few tasks down

My sons and I were out for a couple hours yesterday at the local sod farm. It was overcast, but we got in 5 landings together. I also got a slow bubble from the brief burst of sunshine we had. I only got up to about 700 feet, but I got a 9:37 flight to cover one of my 5-minute TD tasks.

Tim
2motheus is online now Find More Posts by 2motheus
Old Aug 24, 2009, 11:11 AM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,136 Posts
The 1 1/2 inches of rain we got Thursday and Friday turned our sod farm into a lake.
No Soaring for us! @#$$%@^
Next weekend is looking good so maybe.....

Joe
Old Aug 24, 2009, 06:56 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
Since we got rained out of the sod farm I finished and maidened my 50cc this weekend. However, today was a great day! One of my best friends showed up for a surprise visit after not seeing him for over a year. He got here at around 10:00 into a flight. He then refused to let me land to greet him. So he chatted with my brother and I while I flew out a 33:35 to become member #4. At that point it was all up and an hour would have been easy as the day just kept getting better. I landed and stopped flying though to visit as we only see each other for a short time every year or two. It made for a great day! "SO ALL HAIL MEMBER #4, YOUR FEARLESS LEADER".
Old Aug 24, 2009, 06:58 PM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,136 Posts
It's about time!!!!! Pokey!!
Now I have to get my butt moving and beat you to the next metal!!
Congrats
Joe
Old Aug 24, 2009, 07:50 PM
launch height can't fix stupid
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Jun 2005
1,252 Posts
Congrats Steve and about time you got that done.

Was out this weekend flying some F3F. Had a blast. Won the thermal lottery and busted out 55.xx sec run that included a nasty bunt on the base B turn. Hill record is 51.xx. For those that don't know F3F, a bunt is when you start to turn too early and have to push the nose across the pylon plane before going back the other way.

You flatlanders need to get out and rip up some slopes with your big, full house thermal ships. In light winds they are a blast on a slope.
corsha99 is online now Find More Posts by corsha99