HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Steve Boone, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 03:22 PM
launch height can't fix stupid
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Jun 2005
1,188 Posts
Get my copper sheet yet?
corsha99 is online now Find More Posts by corsha99
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2009, 06:23 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,548 Posts
corsha99: Not yet. I'll let you know as soon as it arrives.
DECALS: I have proofed the decals and they're going to adjust the colors on the words "bronze" & "gold". They'll be available for purchase late next week. The decals are 3 3/4 tall from the bottom of the word member to the top of the sun and 4 1/4 wide across the words Sportsmans Soaring Program. The levels will be individually cut so you can place them in front of the word member to show your status as you progress. The price for decals are $1 each, plus postage. This is the proof copy so the actual ones will look better as they will be cut by a machine not my shakey hands. I just thought you might want a peak at them. I included a shot of it opposite of my LSF decal on my Radian for comparison.
MEMBERSHIP CARDS: Membership cards are available for purchase now. You may request one when you send in your Copper sheet. The price for a card is $1 each, plus postage. The minimum run for decals was 250 pcs. so I'll have plenty available. Membership cards will have your name and membership number printed on them as well as the SSP logo and be laminated. The lamination is why they cost so much.
Steve Boone is offline Find More Posts by Steve Boone
Last edited by Steve Boone; Aug 13, 2009 at 07:18 PM. Reason: added photo
Old Aug 13, 2009, 09:39 PM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,076 Posts
Those decals look pretty sharp Steve, I will have a count of how many I will need when I see you this weekend.

Joe
Thermaler is offline Find More Posts by Thermaler
Old Aug 14, 2009, 08:21 AM
SSP#1
United States, MO, Louisburg
Joined Apr 2007
452 Posts
Hey Steve, those look great ill be sending some $$$$$$ to you shortly for a bunch plus the membership card Ya know as far as the house work goes, just try movin stuff around and maybe just maybe the missus will think ya done a whole bunch of work psssst i promise i wont tell and you can get in some good flyin at the sod farm. I'm still workin on that dang 1hr, maybe before the snow fly's i can get those in. I wish i could find some descent slopes here in Missouri, but everything that looks good is covered in trees.

Everyone have a great weekend
Steve SSP#1
sjgoulet is offline Find More Posts by sjgoulet
Old Aug 14, 2009, 09:13 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,548 Posts
Life's kickin' me in the nuts this week. $2100 to fix the tractor, the main breaker went out last night so I have no power in the shop (includes the air conditioning for the house) so I have to fix that today, the wife's car died (hopefully just the battery) so I've been on the road since 5 am taking her to work then off to pick up the tractor, now off to find a breaker and a battery for her car, then another 45 mile trip to pick her up from work. I guess there will be no flying today. On the up side, it's a perfect day for soaring. (well for someone)
************************************************** ************************************************** **********
corsha99: It's official. corsha99 is member #2. Congratulations!!!
I knew I should not have checked the mail box until Monday. I guess I'll have to try for #4 since Thermaler only needs 1 landing to be #3.
Last edited by Steve Boone; Aug 14, 2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 09:41 AM
SSP#1
Joined Apr 2007
452 Posts
Geeze Steve, your day sounds like mine loaned my tractor to a neighbor on the way home the other day i seen it sitting out he calls me and stated that it quit running, ok no big deal might have ran out of gas. Got the thing home its full of gas, checked things out no spark pull the dist. cap off then pull the dist. out camshafts not turning. Ok timing gears might be bad BUT OH NO its the camshaft thats broke, so now its pull everything apart, and repair.
Your right Steve its gonna be a good day for someone to soar.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 09:56 AM
Joined Jun 2005
1,188 Posts
Awesome. glad to be #2 for the program. Now if I can just get some of the people that I fly with to jump in as well.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 11:06 AM
SSP#1
Joined Apr 2007
452 Posts
Congrats Corsha on being #2, man i was getting lonely it only gets better from here on out, well maybe i shouldn't say that that dang 1hr is really getting me

Steve
Old Aug 14, 2009, 05:18 PM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,076 Posts
sjgoulet that avitar sure looks familuar to me???

Corsha congrats!!!!

Joe
Old Aug 14, 2009, 06:45 PM
Joined Jun 2005
1,188 Posts
By the way, name is Cory. Can't wait to get after the next level. Should have some opportunities to bust out some of it next weekend.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 01:17 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,548 Posts
Congratulations Joe: Joe is now member #3. He hit his final landing this morning to finish Copper Level. Way to go Joe!
************************************************** ************************************************** ***********
Me? Well what can I say, I'm still trying to get that last 30 minute flight.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 01:43 PM
Redcliff Alberta
Joined Jul 2008
584 Posts
Thats ok Steve. Flying is a journey,NOT a destination .
Well done Joe.
It's the thrill of the hunt that matters.

Ken
L-Spatz is offline Find More Posts by L-Spatz
Old Aug 15, 2009, 02:56 PM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Boone
Congratulations Joe: Joe is now member #3. He hit his final landing this morning to finish Copper Level. Way to go Joe!

Thank You Steve, not only for the cool membership card but for shagging the chute so many times and then figuring out the tape I had was half the size we needed, a couple of landings late
I might have had Copper done before I went to the NATS!!! I might have been #2. I could have been a contender
Congrates Steve and Cory, glad to be in your company

Quote:
Quote:
Me? Well what can I say, I'm still trying to get that last 30 minute flight.
They started the boom and water was on the way. My best was 17 and change but I did get three of those pesky landings before Bob and I got to feeling "crispy critter"
It looks like the wind will get nasty by noon Sunday, I will rehydrate tomorrow.

HEY MONITOR, THIS THREAD NEEDS TO BE STICKIED!!!!!

Joe
Old Aug 15, 2009, 09:38 PM
SSP#1
Joined Apr 2007
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermaler
sjgoulet that avitar sure looks familuar to me???

Corsha congrats!!!!

Joe
Joe, i like red hope you dont mind and besides i work on cars and couldnt figure out how to change the dang color oh and by the way Joe congrats to you also on being #3. Steve i can feel it bro yours is rite around the corner, if ya want we have some of those indian dudes around ill have em do some kinda dance for ya.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 11:05 PM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,076 Posts
I got a couple of lines on my Bronze form.
Going to get this metal finished faster than the first (<:
Might even catch sjgoulet !!!
Waiting for Steve to get his # and a few pics from Cory to update the Climbers page on the web site. Come on guys grab your metal and get your picture on the web site.
We are working on a merchendise page too!!!

Joe