SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Steve Boone, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 07:31 AM
Find More Posts by Steve Boone
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,487 Posts
Yes, you may do 1 of each for the 30 minute. Not a problem. I have also changed the first post to clearify that the G&R and XC in Bronze are TD flights.
************************************************** ************************************************** *************
WEBSITE: The website will be down in the near future for a few hours. The new web page will be being installed. The new page has an all new look and there will be so much more we can do with it. You're going to like this new version!
Steve Boone is offline Find More Posts by Steve Boone
Last edited by Steve Boone; Oct 12, 2009 at 07:55 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2009, 10:03 PM
Find More Posts by L-Spatz
Redcliff Alberta
Joined Jul 2008
580 Posts
Love the new website . One point tho, in the application text, you state to send the following info without saying what info is being asked for.

Other than that it looks VERY professional.

Ken
SSP #6
L-Spatz is offline Find More Posts by L-Spatz
Old Oct 13, 2009, 07:34 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,487 Posts
Don't worry, it's not even close to finished yet. The application will be a form shortly to make things easier for both applicants and staff. Right now the guy building it is trying to just get the old info back up as he finishes the new stuff. He's doing a really great job!
Old Oct 13, 2009, 03:37 PM
Redcliff Alberta
Joined Jul 2008
580 Posts
Decal and Membership card arrived today. WE are in the "Big League" now darling.
Any chance of you southern guy's sending up some extra warm air,so we can get rid of this snow?

Ken
SSP #6
Old Oct 13, 2009, 03:42 PM
Find More Posts by sjgoulet
SSP#1
United States, MO, Louisburg
Joined Apr 2007
717 Posts
Ken, how far south do i gotta be? it's not very warm here in Missouri Brrrrrr well at least we don't have any snow Yet!. Doesn't look like there will be any flying done in here in the near future...nothin but rain.

Steve SSP#1
sjgoulet is offline Find More Posts by sjgoulet
Old Oct 13, 2009, 05:42 PM
Redcliff Alberta
Joined Jul 2008
580 Posts
Glad I'm not alone. We may not be able to thermal too long but the slope lift is good(kinda fun flying in the UPWARD falling snow),just need to keep the battery's and your butt warm .

Ken
SSP #6
Old Oct 13, 2009, 06:52 PM
Find More Posts by Radian
Pompano Hill Flyers
Coral Springs FL
Joined May 2002
697 Posts
Looked over the new website. Looks very nice.

Advice from someone who has done a few of these. Make a "checklist" of the key information you want to ensure the website provides. It is very easy to get caught up in the "creation" and forget some content.

Example: Couldn't find the information on the "A1" and "A2" aerobatic classification requirements for the slope tasks. I remember them being in the prior site.

I'm looking forward to starting my Copper tasks this Saturday. While the rest of the "north" is getting colder, I'll be working on both TD and Slope tasks in warm south Florida all winter!

Yes, I know I'm rubbing it in a little... But hey for all you guys up north, think of it this way... At least you get a "building season"

Radian
www.phflyers.com
Radian is offline Find More Posts by Radian
Old Oct 13, 2009, 09:51 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,487 Posts
Some of the pages are simply not re-done yet. The site should be done in a few days. There's always a snag or two to slow things down. For instance, the application form wasn't working correctly. I think that is now fixed. We still have the rest of the requirements to do, the gallery, and I almost have the next level (Silver) ready to add. Lots of work to go. It is looking nice though.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 01:39 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,487 Posts
UPDATES: The web site is up and running. I've been working hard to get stuff updated as soon as it's being re-done by the web guy. The requirements page is almost finished. As soon as Joe proof-reads it for me I'll finish posting the last of it's content. I need to have Dennis (web guy) add the share options to the application form and maybe a comment section. Then that will be done.
SILVER LEVEL is being proofed by Joe as well. I like it, now I just need to see if he's ok with it or thinks it needs to go up another notch. It's expansive to say the least. I promised this program would be long and challenging, I think I've accomplished that in Silver.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 07:31 AM
Find More Posts by 2motheus
3 Sons - Legos and Lift
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Apr 2004
581 Posts
Denied again!

Earlier this week I took the DLG out to a recently-discovered local slope. The wind was not quite as forecast. The hill has a corner shape that had the wind alternating between two small slopes. Add to that spotty sunshine creating strong upstream thermals, and I had not only shifting direction, but large intervals of no wind at all.

So the best I could muster in my chase for my final 30-minute flight for Copper - was 22 minutes.

It was still a great way to spend a lunchbreak! I also met a local resident who may end up joining our fraternity of wind-chasers.

Tim
2motheus is online now Find More Posts by 2motheus
Old Oct 16, 2009, 01:41 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,487 Posts
Tim: Sorry to hear you didn't get your time. At least you had a fun and got to fly. More than we're getting around here.
NEWS:I would like to congratulate Gordon and Ingo on becoming members number 7 & 8. Great job guys!
There's only two more spots left in the first 10. Not to mention there's only one more opening to be in the single digit club.
We just hit the 50 mark!!! I know it's not a huge number. It's a major milestone to me though so I just had to share.
Last edited by Steve Boone; Oct 16, 2009 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Added more news
Old Oct 16, 2009, 05:22 PM
Redcliff Alberta
Joined Jul 2008
580 Posts
Thanks for rubbing it in Tim (flying during lunch break's Must be nice!!).That thirty minute wall is about to be broke ,just a matter of time.

Weclome and congrat's Gordon and Ingo. It's a nice feeling ,knowing that you have "The Right Stuff" and can stand shoulder to shoulder with the BEST,cuz you are one of the BEST. Just think of all those great soaring pilot's that are yet to come and follow in your foot step's.

Ken
SSP# 6
Old Oct 17, 2009, 04:36 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,487 Posts
NEWS: The site is up and running. I've just about got it all updated. The tasks requirements are posted and look to be right. They still need proof read but I needed to get them up so people could refer to them. If you see something odd let us know so we can fix it. The application form is working now so that will make things a lot easier for me to get people signed up with out having to do several e-mails each way. Which will also free up some time to fix bugs in the program. The blog is going so you can make fun of me or shower pity on me which ever you see fit. The Bronze form for all that aproved it still managed to have an error. The ladder tasks do not require a time/distance to be signed for. Just a witness that you did it correctly. You're going to need to take notes to keep track if you're like me. The landings have to be in their required distance but there's no need to document them unless you want to for bragging rights. If your witness won't be there for the whole task set have them sign your notes and have someone else sign the last flights and then send the notes with your forms. That way all flights are witnessed and signed for. The requirements are easy enough to follow for me because I wrote them so I knew what I was talking about. (well most of the time ) If you have any questions or think something could or should be better explained once again, please let us know and we'll do our best to fix it right away. With a little help from everyone we should be able to get everything sorted out the rest of the way in a timely manner. Thanks guys!
Old Oct 17, 2009, 06:11 PM
Find More Posts by aussief3b
Ricky Windsock
USA, FL, Sanford
Joined Nov 2008
1,620 Posts
Great job Steve and Dennis on a great job on the website. Very professional indeed.
A few little suggestions.
How about an email address to send photos etc to add to the gallery.
The Contact Us link at the bottom of the page should at least have an email address associated with it. Same for the photos of Pres, VP etc.
The link to products doesn't provide a way of actually ordering a product. (Email address etc.)
Thanks also for making me lucky number 7.
Congrats to Ingo #8
Gordon
aussief3b is offline Find More Posts by aussief3b
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2009, 06:34 PM View Post
Serafin
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Cross-posting. It is temporarily hidden while Serafin edits it. Show it to me anyway.