SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 07, 2011, 01:19 AM
United States, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Jun 2010
486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10AE View Post
CCPDX- What motor do you have that is too much? I have an E-Flite Power 10 that I could try.
Sorry for the super late reply! I think I've got this (1410kv version):
http://www.rchotdeals.com/Products/r...r/A2814-8.html

along with a 3s 2200mah battery and a 10x4.7 SF prop. I haven't checked how many amps or watts I'm pulling yet.

Charles
ccpdx is offline Find More Posts by ccpdx
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2011, 01:21 AM
Joined Jun 2010
486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkflyer215 View Post
I did move up to high rates, and this thing flies very well, even in decent winds. I have to admit that I may have f##$ed up the cowl installation. The contraption that I have now works fine.
Yeah, I'll fly this plane in a good strong wind too...
Charles
Old Sep 26, 2011, 03:55 AM
CSI
I promise, just ONE more order
Del Rio Intl, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,995 Posts
I'm still flying mine now after about 1 1/2 years. Yes, I would buy another without a problem. I love flying mine....it's my take to the field every time plane. I like the speed it flies on the Rimfire motor...it pulls through all the aerobatic maneuvers at a steady, not too fast speed, which I like. It gives me so much more time than my other aerobatic planes to work on the control inputs during the maneuvers. I can make corrections and see the results, rather than racing through the line and having to turn to setup the next line. I'm sure it's that big open cowl up there creating all that drag that allows this.
The only thing I would like to change is a better motor for more pull through the verticals. I don't really want to go faster, just have more stump-pulling power. She runs out of steam on that hi-temp Electrifly motor. I use a APC 10x7E prop, 2200mAh 40c 3s lipo.
This is one of the only planes in my large fleet that I am comfortable flying inverted down the runway at low altitude. She is also the best for me at flying knife-edge down the runway. I can't for the life of me get my E-flite MUS to knife edge at all. This one is a piece of cake.
I do love this plane.
Ken
CSI is online now Find More Posts by CSI
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:27 AM
Joined Jun 2010
486 Posts
Yeah.... One of these days, "one of these days", this plane really deserves a lighter setup than what I've got in mine. I'm not in a hurry, but I'm curious how it'll be with a smaller motor and lighter battery.

Charles
Old May 17, 2014, 07:47 PM
United States, OR, Eagle Creek
Joined Apr 2007
169 Posts
Well I finally ... and I mean finally got my su-31 up and out for a maiden went pretty well overall.I flew 2 batteries and could stand to do some more setup and cleanup on the electronics installation . but it survived the flights and subsequent landings . have had it to long to not be flying it so today it went to the field with me and after one quick flight with my 3d foamy out it came and up it went will update with my thoughts after I get some more stick time on it
motorhead540 is offline Find More Posts by motorhead540