HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 03, 2009, 10:27 PM
Houston Texas
Joined May 2008
763 Posts
Discussion
Fixed defective radio, now more problem

Howdy folks,
I just got my radio (Futaba 6 channel FM) back from warranty repair--the right stick wouldn't go all the way to the right. Now, there's another problem. The servo for elevator (channel 2) glitches very badly. It seems to have trouble figuring out the center position. It would all of a sudden move and move back to center, without any command input from me. I've tried 3 different servos and 2 different receivers, and the problem is always reproducable. So, the problem is the radio stick, again.

Folks, tell me if I should buy another radio or send this one back again for repair. This problem had already caused me to crash a small 3D plane (it's repairable). I was going to use this radio on my new $700 sailplane, but now I've lost confidence in it even if they fix it again.
edragon is offline Find More Posts by edragon
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2009, 07:14 AM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,127 Posts
This is not a badly designed radio but a defective example. Send it back again, insisting that it be properly fixed.

The only reason to sell it would be if you decided you don't like the design.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66