HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 03, 2009, 09:11 PM
Centralia, WA
Joined Mar 2009
68 Posts
Help!
Frustrated new G2 owner

OK guy's, my long wait is over and my G2 just arrived. After going through all the initial inspection, checking nut/screw tightness etc. I was trying to review a couple things in the manual (if you can call it that... it doesn't address how/where to install battery! :-[ ) but found it basically useless. Does anyone know what the little red switch (next to the battery connector) is for? Is it a re-set button, kill button, ???

Also, after initialization and checking the servo's via the TX, no power to the rotors! Other than setting the trim's to neutral, I made no changes to the TX configurations that the TX had (new in the box). When I move the throttle up (left control ), it moves the trim on the main rotors!!! (not the swash plate). Right control moves the swash plate correctly.

Any ideas, trouble shooting tips etc.? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not in a hurry to fly it yet but do have some time tonight and wanted to go through a couple of batteries following RADD's Flying School Procedures.

Thanks

"Frustrated Shelby Guy"
67shelby is offline Find More Posts by 67shelby
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2009, 11:18 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
It's a CP heli; when the throttle is moved above neutral, it increases blade pitch. When it's below neutral, it decreases blade pitch. At neutral throttle, balde pitch should be 0 and you should check it.

The switch is a power switch. Throttle all the way down, turn on transmitter and flip switch.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Apr 04, 2009, 01:45 AM
Centralia, WA
Joined Mar 2009
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14
It's a CP heli; when the throttle is moved above neutral, it increases blade pitch. When it's below neutral, it decreases blade pitch. At neutral throttle, balde pitch should be 0 and you should check it.

The switch is a power switch. Throttle all the way down, turn on transmitter and flip switch.
Thanks. Yes, I realize the blade pitch changes with power to the main rotor but I couldn't understand why it would do it w/o power. I didn't think about it relating to the throttle "position" (duh... ). The part I missed was arming the ESC. Actually I can't even say I missed it, it WASN'T in anything I watched or read. I guess that wasn't important enough to put in the owners manual either There wasn't even a schematic or part breakdown in the manual. Even my coaxial owners pamphlet had that much, and it was written in CHINGLISH! Absolutely worthless.

Thankfully between the forum threads, tutorial videos, flight sims and training guides there was a wealth of information out there.

Shelby Guy
67shelby is offline Find More Posts by 67shelby
Last edited by 67shelby; Apr 04, 2009 at 04:35 PM.