HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2009, 11:29 AM
Hartsville, SC
Joined Apr 2006
741 Posts
Question
Hobby King - Lousy Customer Support!?

I havec 3 pending orders with Hobby King. The first one is for a LiPo pack placed 3/24 when stock numbers where high - todate it is labeled "Not Available" on my account with them and numerous attempts to contact their Customer Support by email went un-answered. Second and Third orders were placed on 3/29 and both show as "Processing" which by now I assume stands for "SOL"! Again - no response from their Customer Support.
Does anyone else experiences this kind of lousy service? Anyway I can cancel the orders and get my money back? I tried to call their US 800 number - surprise, surprise - no answer!
N99JH is online now Find More Posts by N99JH
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2009, 03:48 PM
nsg
Yardley, PA
Joined Sep 2006
4,057 Posts
What else is new.. Try posting on their community fora. There used to be one for customer unservice.

If everything else fails, I suppose you can cancel payment via your CC.
nsg is offline Find More Posts by nsg
Old Apr 02, 2009, 06:06 PM
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
731 Posts
They seem to be fairly responsive here .... https://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/...pics.asp?FID=5

Not real time chat responsive but give it a day or so and they seem to get right on it ...make sure you include your order # in your post so they know who you are and what you want..
hope this helps
imgumby
imgumby is online now Find More Posts by imgumby
Old Apr 02, 2009, 08:28 PM
Fus ro dah!
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,468 Posts
Mine is also "processing". I read something that the warehouse is backed up. I bet it's all the people getting ready for spring flying. Like me.
Bigster is online now Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Apr 02, 2009, 09:03 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
19,907 Posts
these products so not have good customer support bundled into their price. If you spend a few dollars on customer support, you may get happier experiences.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Apr 04, 2009, 01:01 PM
Wind blows
Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2007
2,896 Posts
Ordered a single 2200 3s pack from HK. Got it roughly 2.5 weeks later AND they included a very nice Turnigy neck strap!
Go Hobby King!!
Laggard is offline Find More Posts by Laggard
Old Apr 06, 2009, 10:43 AM
Joined Jan 2009
7,643 Posts
I've had very good luck with HobbyCity customer service. Real-time chat worked fine.

There have been lots of reports of orders sitting in "processing" status for a long time -- a week or more. That has happened to me. Best recommendation for HC orders is to not expect rapid delivery. Order well in advance of your actual needs, and be patient.
rafe_b is offline Find More Posts by rafe_b
Old Apr 08, 2009, 04:20 PM
Joined Feb 2006
347 Posts
Eventually, and I mean eventually the situation will be taken care of.

They are a reputable company with low prices and a level of service below your local hobby shop.

It took 3 months to get some faulty items replaced,bit they were replaced.

I have also had orders appear in a week.

My best advice is order way ahead of need and get a couple extras.

You can't beat the value of most of there products and the service is getting better.
wrugen is offline Find More Posts by wrugen
Old Apr 09, 2009, 06:38 PM
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Mar 2002
7,430 Posts
I too have had pretty good luck with them , i just WISH you could make returns to the US warehouse , a lot of people give this as the reason for not buying from them..................
Dennis Everett is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Everett
Old Apr 09, 2009, 10:51 PM
Central Point, OR.
Joined May 2002
2,922 Posts
9er Juliet Hotel is right! I placed an order withe Hobby City or Hobby King, or whatever they call themselves a month ago. They charged $260.00 to my card and I have not received anything! I call the 800 number and it just rings and rings. emailing them does not produce any results either! You get an automated response back stating the "due to the large volume of emails, It may take several days for a reply! Gee, I wonder what all the emails are about!?
Ranfred Radius is offline Find More Posts by Ranfred Radius
Old Apr 10, 2009, 04:26 PM
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2003
1,078 Posts
Copied from the HC web site:

Quote:
Easter Holiday Office Hours 10/04/2009
Our office will be closed on the following days;
10,11,12 and 13th of April.
Our warehouse will be operating normally during this period, however parcels will not be shipped until the 14th and 15th of April.
We apologise for any delays caused.
defranci is online now Find More Posts by defranci
Old Feb 19, 2011, 11:59 AM
Go Fly Something!!
USA, VA, Charlottesville
Joined Jan 2009
825 Posts
I purchased a HK-010 Watt Meter in Dec '10. I received it within a few days. I plugged in a 3s LiPo pack to see the % of charge. I smelled something burning. I instantly unplugged the battery.

After a day or so I opened the meter to see what had actually happened and was amazed to see that the circuit board had shorted out to the metal case!!!

I sent a very nicely worded email to Customer Service and received an equally courteous reply the next day. Then it went downhill rapidly. They wanted me to ship an $18.99 item halfway around the world on my dime. So they could determine if I was at fault or not.

We exchanged 22 emails before I got so frustrated I had to call my credit card company to see if they could intervene. Well indeed they did! It turns out I pay a small amount every month for a service plan covering ANYTHING I purchase using their credit card!! I was immediately refunded my $18.99 and the same amount was subtracted from HK as well. So I got my money back and so did MasterCard.

Needless to say I will no longer do business with HK.

Through all of this the emails got more antagonistic and I was made to feel like a fool. And that somehow I was at fault and trying to pull one over on HK.

If anyone would like to see the emails drop me a private message with your return email and I will be glad to send them to you.

Don
AMA 384859
dlt2859 is offline Find More Posts by dlt2859
Old Feb 20, 2011, 08:41 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,277 Posts
As per my comment on your other post you have apended to an old post you dragged up. This post was last commented on Apr 11 2009? Shame I can't read what you have said as you made my ignore list for that one.

Are the CS reps names in quotes again to higlite the good cop bad cop theory?

Might I suggest in future when dealing with online vendors you read their FAQ and T's & C's and then make a choice that best suits your needs. This saves a whole lot of angst and leaves far more time for enjoyment. Best of luck with your exploits
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6