HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 01, 2009, 12:33 PM
Pontiac/Auburn Hills, Michigan USA
Joined Mar 2009
246 Posts
Discussion
Official Skyartec Wasp Thread !!!

Hello!

Skyartec has asked me to help moderate and field questions about Skyartec Helicopters. Feel free to post your questions, comments, experiences - even your rants (as well as raves) here!

I will do my best to get you the answer to your questions as promply as possible.

Free free to ask any questions your may have about the Skyartec Helicopter Series. As a large Midwest Distributor of the Skyartec Products we have a good range of experience with their products!

Max
skyartec-usa
skyartec-usa is offline Find More Posts by skyartec-usa
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2009, 01:38 PM
Joined Jan 2009
480 Posts
I know you've titled this the "Wasp" thread, but any idea on when the Ninja 250 will be released or how much it will cost?

Thanks

NINJA250 rc helicopter developing compare trex 250 (5 min 26 sec)
suraki is offline Find More Posts by suraki
Old Apr 01, 2009, 04:27 PM
Joined Mar 2009
246 Posts
Great Question! I am waiting on an expected date from factory. I will post the expected arrival date as soon as I get it. Skyartec monitors these forums. Maybe they will respond to this question here FIRST!

I am also looking forward to the new 2.4GHz transmitter/receiver upgrade.

I do know that Skyartec Corp Factory has some nice surprises coming soon!

Stay tuned for details

Max
skyartec-usa
Old Apr 11, 2009, 08:17 PM
3D Animator
California
Joined Apr 2009
17 Posts
Hello, I just purchased a Wasp V3. Wow, this is my first real heli, and I am loving it. Started out slow and am getting good at it.
I picked this particular model because I liked how it was put together, I figure alot of this hobby is working on your machine, so I wanted to pick something that appealed to me that way. I am not dissapointed at all.
Im having a blast, and the orders for parts from Skyartec is fast and efficient.
Dragonberg is offline Find More Posts by Dragonberg
Old Apr 12, 2009, 01:16 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,384 Posts
Thanks Dragon. I'm looking closely at WV3 and there's an extreme shortage of data about it compared to 'mainstream' suppliers like Esky/Eflite/Walkera.

Sure, I want a Gaui but that exceeds my budget (and expertise) by ~3 times.

Where are you located (US?) and who was your dealer? What exact model did you get? Metal? FP? CP?
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Apr 12, 2009, 04:24 AM
Scammers need to go!
Slidell, La
Joined Oct 2006
1,448 Posts
I too have just purchased a wasp v3, it will be here by the middle of next week and I can't wait! I've been wanting one for quite sometime! As soon as I get it I'll start posting results and pictures. I have a little over 15 years in heli's and I'm hoping this one will be as relaxing as the rest of my Heli's!
HyperHelis is offline Find More Posts by HyperHelis
Old Apr 12, 2009, 12:35 PM
3D Animator
California
Joined Apr 2009
17 Posts
I am located in the US, in CA. I ordered my wasp from banana hobby. They are pretty close to me, and they had a good deal.
So the one I got came with a 7ch reciever, and the box said CP, I thought it was a 4 ch FP heli, but I think what was actually in the box was a 6ch CP. Which has actually worked out good. The Head is all plastic, which is quite fragile if you smack a blade. there are metal upgrade kits though
I think if you take your time, its definatly worth learning it.
After fixing it a few times I got more confidence, haha I guess because the fear of breaking it was lessened a bit.
I think for in the US the best place to get parts is from parkrcmodels, or skyartecs site.

Good luck guys! if I can figure out how to post pictures I will
Old Apr 12, 2009, 03:50 PM
Joined Mar 2009
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonberg
I am located in the US, in CA. I ordered my wasp from banana hobby. They are pretty close to me, and they had a good deal.
So the one I got came with a 7ch reciever, and the box said CP, I thought it was a 4 ch FP heli, but I think what was actually in the box was a 6ch CP. Which has actually worked out good. The Head is all plastic, which is quite fragile if you smack a blade. there are metal upgrade kits though
After fixing it a few times I got more confidence, haha I guess because the fear of breaking it was lessened a bit.
I think for in the US the best place to get parts is from parkrcmodels, or skyartecs site.

Yes, the WASP V3 H03-08 and 06 are Cyclic Pitch. They are labeled FP to differentiate them from the full CCPM models -07 and the -04 models that have both Cyclic and Collective Pitch. We do appreciate your comments and feedback.

Skyartec has full metal upgrades in separate parts or kits to go to metal head and even tail rotor. You can even upgrade to full CCPM buy just adding another servo and the 6 channel parts kit. Your radio is a full 7ch Tx and Rx combo that will handle Pitch and mixing.

If you have any other comments we also now have a Skyartec Vendor Forum that both the factory and I monitor.

Thanks again,
Max
Old Apr 13, 2009, 01:08 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,384 Posts
Quote:
the box said CP, I thought it was a 4 ch FP heli, but I think what was actually in the box was a 6ch CP.
I'm still stymied by these labelling and blurbing conventions. To where I don't know what I'm looking at. Some of the blurbs say "FP aerobatic 3D with autorotation", which isn't possible, is it?

It's like they hired one Chinglesh translator for a half day to do their entire product line, so he cut/pasted from one to the next, not editing any too assiduously.

For a product you can't see before you buy it, it just has to get better than that before I gamble ~$200 on it. Or at least get a concensual body of evidence here from firsthand observers who more or less know what they're looking at.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 08:24 AM
Scammers need to go!
Slidell, La
Joined Oct 2006
1,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab
I'm still stymied by these labelling and blurbing conventions. To where I don't know what I'm looking at. Some of the blurbs say "FP aerobatic 3D with autorotation", which isn't possible, is it?

It's like they hired one Chinglesh translator for a half day to do their entire product line, so he cut/pasted from one to the next, not editing any too assiduously.

For a product you can't see before you buy it, it just has to get better than that before I gamble ~$200 on it. Or at least get a concensual body of evidence here from firsthand observers who more or less know what they're looking at.

AGREED!!!
HyperHelis is offline Find More Posts by HyperHelis
Old Apr 13, 2009, 12:57 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,384 Posts
Thanks PD. I figured that POV might be rather universal.

BTW, of all the places one could be in N. America, I've been to Slidell. Mid 60s, our band either played there or drove through on the way to Bossier City. Or was it where my work-mate's parents lived and we drove for a weekend? Well, it WAS 40+yr ago, and if I didn't eat scrambled eggs and bacon every Sunday I couldn't tell you what I had for breakfast yesterday.

Seriously though, if these OEMs and resellers are looking for what needs improvement, it's their DOCUMENTATION. Both before and after the sale. It's 7/8ths gibberish.

Here's what happens: You read a statement like "FP aerobatic". Which is contradictory. Once having read that, you can't believe ANYthing else written, as it becomes obvious the writer didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

Here's a classic example, Esky's corporate buzzphrase, "ready for your fly". Do they mean the zipper in my jeans? The insect in my kitchen? SOMEbody please tell them that phrase makes no sense in English.

Look. I speak/understand a few dozen words of 6 alternate languages, but I'm not COMPETENT in anything but English. There are people who ARE competent in Chinese and English. So why are these competent people not the ones hired to write heli blurbs and manuals? Cuz they cost 25 cents more an hour??

Let me make this even simpler, in case the 'discount' translator is reading this. If you want to sell to the English-speaking world, where most of the money is, WRITE IN COHERENT ENGLISH. I would already have bought one, if I could determine what it was I was buying.
Last edited by arbilab; Apr 13, 2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 02:02 PM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,042 Posts
Quote:

Does Bananahobby accept walk-ins already or did you buy that online? I heard 2 months ago that they'll have a shop soon.
tonyastro is offline Find More Posts by tonyastro
Old Apr 13, 2009, 02:34 PM
3D Animator
California
Joined Apr 2009
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyastro
Does Bananahobby accept walk-ins already or did you buy that online? I heard 2 months ago that they'll have a shop soon.
I bought mine online, but I asked if I could pick up orders in the future and they said yes. Id give em a call, they are helpful.

They actually said when you make the order just put "pick up" in the comments section of the order.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 02:54 PM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,042 Posts
Quote:
I bought mine online, but I asked if I could pick up orders in the future and they said yes. Id give em a call, they are helpful.

They actually said when you make the order just put "pick up" in the comments section of the order.
Nice! No more shipping
tonyastro is offline Find More Posts by tonyastro
Old Apr 19, 2009, 05:05 PM
3D Animator
California
Joined Apr 2009
17 Posts
Still learning on the WaspV3

Hello, I thought Id post this in case it helps others looking at the WaspV3 for consideration.

have fun!

Wasp V3 outdoor flight (2 min 59 sec)