HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 01, 2009, 12:07 PM
Joined Feb 2009
7 Posts
Question
Will having two recievers on board interfere with each other??

I have a X-3D BL quadrocopter that came with an 35MHz reciever from Germany. Obviously, the reciever will not work in the states, due to regulations. Therefore, I purchased an Berg reciever and I'm not getting all of the channels working on it. So, I bought another type of Berg reciever that has 7 channels. To obtain the seventh channel, one of the pins is way to difficult to solder. Hence, I was wondering if I could use two recievers instead of one? My biggest concern is interference between the two and other problems I don't forsee at that moment. Any help will be appreciated!!!
Harita is offline Find More Posts by Harita
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2009, 12:10 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,467 Posts
They aren't transmitting any signal, they just listen. Assuming you mean 72mhz? How are you going to map that with the transmitter?
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Apr 01, 2009, 12:25 PM
Joined Feb 2009
7 Posts
Yes, i'm using a 72 MHz reciever. I really don't know how i'm going to transmit that to the transmitter. I'm gonna buy a new crystal for the second reciever. Any other ideas on how to map that to one reciever or should i just switch out crystals??
Old Apr 01, 2009, 12:26 PM
Joined Feb 2009
7 Posts
Correction on last Post: Yes, i'm using a 72 MHz reciever. I really don't know how i'm going to transmit that to the transmitter. I'm gonna buy a new crystal for the second reciever. Any other ideas on how to map that to one [/U]transmitter or should i just switch out crystals??
Old Apr 01, 2009, 01:22 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,467 Posts
One transmitter can handle multiple receivers at the same time, I've done it myself by accident. But, you are using something other than channel 7 on one receiver to act as channel 7 on your transmitter?
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Apr 01, 2009, 01:39 PM
Joined Feb 2009
7 Posts
We have a 6 channel transmitter. The first berg reciever we purchased was a 4 channel and one of the channels did not work at all. Then, we purchased the berg 7 channel reciever. We are probably not going to use all of the channels, maybe six at the most. We're having problems soldering into one of the pins. Therefore, we're thinking about using two recievers with one transmitter using the berg 4 channel as one of the recievers. One problem I'm worried about is using two atennas on the same mast. I was wondering if that will cause any problems. Also, are there any other problems you can see with that configuration????

Thanks a bunch for your help, Balr14!!!
Old Apr 01, 2009, 02:45 PM
That'll hold until ...
Hampton Roads Va.
Joined Oct 2004
3,560 Posts
Running multiple rx is fairly common in giant scale where it is simpler to have a receiver/battery pack in each wing half and the fuselage than plugging in connectors to assemble for flight.

Steve
swatson144 is offline Find More Posts by swatson144