SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by GWS CHEN, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 07:26 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,700 Posts
Hi Dave and WWIFlyin'Ace,

Very True ! Thank you very much for your suggestions, yes, we're working on these. I'll certainly discuss your words with my colleagues and Boss to see if we could make them better. Thank you.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2009, 09:19 AM
nsg
Yardley, PA
Joined Sep 2006
4,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalrc

I am a supporter of GWS and we use and reccomend thier products. It would be pretty small of them to copy our Wright Stick product and hope that is not being suggested. I've been a friend and promoter of GWS for years, really since the very beginning when I was importing directly. GWS benifits because customers who build a Wright Stick will consume two Slow Stick slope gliders in the process.

Dave Thacker
Radical RC
Dave, a question for you. Some of the improvements suggested here may be easily implemented as add-on kits - struts and LG for TM, motor boxes for pretty much all GWS kits, Formosa II LG. Do you see enough market for those? I'd gladly pay $10-$15 so I don't have to build a motor box for my next GWS project, with correct angles and all. It would take like 3 or 4 laser-cut parts. I can draw the parts in AutoCAD, if need be.
nsg is offline Find More Posts by nsg
Old Apr 20, 2009, 10:05 AM
United States, OH, Tipp City
Joined Jun 2002
1,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard
.....RADICAL, while your remarks about readability and accuracy of the manuals would be true for the earlier ones I think you'll find that since the 262 (or thereabouts) the manuals have been very much better, in fact up with or better than anything else coming out of the far east because I happen to know that GWS are now using a volunteer team of native English, American and Australian speaking proof readers
Roger, forgive me if I was off topic, I did not read the thread, I stumbled on it after doing a search and only read a small segment of the posts.

Forgive me if I've insulted any fine manual writers out there. I must admit, we don't stock a bunch of their kits as we are mostly laser cutters and electronic sellers here. Maybe the many remarks of yesterday that I've heard are still swirling around in my head but are no longer a real issue.

I've always had the opinion our hobby benefits from from wide competition from creative inventive souls. I don't like it when I hear rumors of this or that company in a struggle to survive. If we boil the hobby market down to just 2 or 3 main producers of goods, we are in trouble. So, I root for the smaller players, the GWS's, Hobby Peoples's, Esprit's, JGRC's, NESail's, Steven's and Hobby Lobby's along with many others. Certainly I don't want us to lose any bigger players either. A good broad range of quality suppliers and manufacturers is important to our hobby. The small players tend to move faster than the big players and are often the ones that bring cutting edge products to the masses first and helping to spur on interest and further creativity.

Hmmm, I'm off topic again. ;-)

Happy Flying and good day to all!
Dave
radicalrc is offline Find More Posts by radicalrc
Old Apr 20, 2009, 01:21 PM
Sky Captain Of Yesteryear
Joined Nov 2008
97 Posts
First off, I love my GWS warbirds. The first plane I ever bought was a silver p51. I now own all except the pt17(totalled). So when i heard that they had new models coming out i got a little excited.

I ordered the fw190 the moment i found it, even though i like the p40 more.
The nose looked off to me, and it took a while to figure out that the exaust pipes were further back than they should have been. ended up slicing them off and moving them up.

I never really liked the at6 as a plane and wont be ordering a kit, but as far as gws scale downs go it is one of the best.(I think the at6 came out a while ago, but its new to me)

I had just totalled my great planes fokker DVII, a few days before i saw one listed on the gws website, so imediately i thought of my poor pt17 and looked at it as cheap good looking replacement.

when i saw the picture it looked......well......sad.
it didnt look like they even tried.

if gws wants to remain a player it has to work twice as hard. For a company like gws to turn things around they need to do what I rember them doing 5 years ago, come out with well designed products at an affordable price.

There is always talk of what should be the next gws foamie in the foums. What would sell well are the harder to find models. They had the right idea with the dvii(great planes is the only other company I know of that makes a park sized dvii)

The Stuka would be awsome. Ive been waiting to see GWSs name on one of those for years. Also the russians had a lot of great looking ww2 fighters that are almost impossible to find anywhere in the market.

Gws just has to do what theyve been doing, but do it better.( and stay away from ww1 fighters ,great planes already controls those skies)
Max Powers is offline Find More Posts by Max Powers
Old Apr 20, 2009, 01:31 PM
Der Flieger kommt schnell
Staten Island
Joined Jun 2005
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS CHEN
Hi Dave and WWIFlyin'Ace,

Very True ! Thank you very much for your suggestions, yes, we're working on these. I'll certainly discuss your words with my colleagues and Boss to see if we could make them better. Thank you.

Chen

HURRY UP,
YOU'RE LOSING GROUND
WWIFlyin'Ace is offline Find More Posts by WWIFlyin'Ace
Last edited by WWIFlyin'Ace; Apr 20, 2009 at 01:32 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old Apr 20, 2009, 09:36 PM
Joined May 2005
29 Posts
How about acting like a customer matters! Ignoring people that order your product and have problems with missing wont help. Acting like American bankers and taking money with arrogance and providing no service is a sure way to increase market share and make money doing it. I Have one of your p-38 kits with numerous missing parts. I have been ignored for a month now with these problems. Now you have me actively trying to reduce your market share because of your [gws] shoddy treatment, I should say non-treatment of me. Quality control and customer service must be too costly for you. I have spent thousands of dollars on your products in the past few years. This has been my first issue and I expected prompt and courteous service. Silly me.
GWS sucks! translated Mr Chen that means I will not spend any more money with your company. That my friends out there is the true American way! Boycott these no good places and we will get FAIR service
dougpy is offline Find More Posts by dougpy
Old Apr 20, 2009, 10:04 PM
nsg
Yardley, PA
Joined Sep 2006
4,167 Posts
Oh, goodie. This is what, the third thread?

Dougpy - I've a set of GWS-38 firewalls. PM your mailing addr, I'll mail them to you, free of charge. I've other misc GWS parts I don't need - let me know what else is missing, maybe I find one or two in my parts bin...
nsg is offline Find More Posts by nsg
Old Apr 20, 2009, 10:16 PM
Joined May 2005
29 Posts
nsg, Thank you. I will do that and offer to pay you. I just want people to realise that in a free market if one lousy company goes under, there are probably three others in the wings with as good a product, better prices, quality control and customer service. These jerks can go straight down the tubes for all I care. It's not the money, but being completly ignored for a full month now is inexcuseable!
dougpy is offline Find More Posts by dougpy
Old Apr 20, 2009, 10:59 PM
Excellence is Expected
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
3,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWIFlyin'Ace
HURRY UP,
YOU'RE LOSING GROUND

losing... lost ground already
MakMov is offline Find More Posts by MakMov
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:51 PM
Woodsy
Drouin, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
2,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougpy
nsg, Thank you. I will do that and offer to pay you. I just want people to realise that in a free market if one lousy company goes under, there are probably three others in the wings with as good a product, better prices, quality control and customer service. These jerks can go straight down the tubes for all I care. It's not the money, but being completly ignored for a full month now is inexcuseable!

Did you take it up with the retailer first? that would (or at least should) have been the easiest and quickest option for you.
woodsy is offline Find More Posts by woodsy
Old Apr 21, 2009, 12:17 AM
Sky Captain Of Yesteryear
Joined Nov 2008
97 Posts
On more of a financial note. GWS as a company could do what Apple did in the 80s, cancel all the little side projects and the products that just arent selling, and focus on what is.
Tweak the products that are selling so that they sell better, and then introduce new products like them to keep the ball rolling.

An example would be to scrap the geared brushed motors that come stock with the warbirds and replace replace them with brushless ones. I replaced mine with a more than ample brushless motor that came with a stick mount, making it a drop in replacement that cost a whole $8. Best of all they still use GWS props.
Max Powers is offline Find More Posts by Max Powers
Old Apr 21, 2009, 06:06 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougpy
How about acting like a customer matters! Ignoring people that order your product and have problems with missing wont help. Acting like American bankers and taking money with arrogance and providing no service is a sure way to increase market share and make money doing it. I Have one of your p-38 kits with numerous missing parts. I have been ignored for a month now with these problems. Now you have me actively trying to reduce your market share because of your [gws] shoddy treatment, I should say non-treatment of me. Quality control and customer service must be too costly for you. I have spent thousands of dollars on your products in the past few years. This has been my first issue and I expected prompt and courteous service. Silly me.
GWS sucks! translated Mr Chen that means I will not spend any more money with your company. That my friends out there is the true American way! Boycott these no good places and we will get FAIR service
I've already replied to your post on another threads. Would you contact service@gwsus.com of GWS USA seeking help on the missing parts. Be reminded to keep your receipt for it, and check it out first with the page 1 of the manual. It stated the list of parts.

Chen
Old Apr 21, 2009, 07:57 AM View Post
dougpy
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Cross-posting. It is temporarily hidden while dougpy edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 05:20 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,911 Posts
you need a product to increase your market presence I think.......dont you?
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:38 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,700 Posts
Yes, I agree that a new product will be helpful.

Chen