HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by GWS CHEN, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 04, 2011, 02:13 PM
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2008
950 Posts
I am maybe out of topic but your props are very famous.
Why do you not offer counter rotating prop ?

There are a lot of people who are building only multicopter. Selling counter rotationg prop would make you much more famous.
Cid156 is offline Find More Posts by Cid156
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Cid156; Nov 04, 2011 at 04:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2011, 03:00 PM
On the Edge of Space
Exit 4, South Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsg View Post
Your Caps Lock button seems to be stuck

Free shipping if you buy three kits, 10% off promotion code till the end of Oct.

http://shop.flyingstyrokit.com/
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=245
Hi nsg! Finally built that model I got from you. Can't remember if it was an A-10 or an ME-262. Anyway, both built.
dLdV is offline Find More Posts by dLdV
Old Nov 04, 2011, 04:02 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid156 View Post
I am maybe out of topic but your props are very famous.
Why do you not offer counter rotating prop ?

There are a lot of people who bluiding only multicopter. Selling counter rotationg prop would make much more famous.
Sadly, this has been suggested to Mr. Lin before, but nothing ever happens. Suggestions supposedly get sent to his "R&D" group "for consideration", but that's where it ends. No apparent follow-up with R&D to review their priorities or progress... no communication back here... in short, it's like feeding a black hole, unfortunately. There's been other prop suggestions, like shaft inserts to fit different size collet adaptors, more pitch options in each diameter, etc. All of which broaden the market for them. It's a good thought you have, but it's a dead issue, so might as well forget it... GWS has.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Nov 04, 2011, 07:35 PM
formosa
Joined Feb 2009
160 Posts
Hi ., GWS does value your suggestions preciously. We will have the counter-rotating propellers available at end of this month ( Nov. 2011). More details will be posted here in due time. Thank you very much.
gws roger is offline Find More Posts by gws roger
Old Nov 04, 2011, 09:49 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gws roger View Post
Hi ., GWS does value your suggestions preciously. We will have the counter-rotating propellers available at end of this month ( Nov. 2011). More details will be posted here in due time. Thank you very much.
REALLY???!!! That was fast! Is this just in the Slow Fly style, or also DD/HD props?

What about prop hub inserts, at least for the DD and HD props, so we don't have to drill them out to fit on our collet adaptors?
Old Nov 04, 2011, 11:15 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gws roger View Post
No kidding! Will that only be for slow fly props, or for DD/HD props, too. There is a need for this with twin motor planes as well.

Ditto for the pro hub inserts, at least for the DD/HD props, and more pitch variety for each diameter. Are these also coming?
Old Nov 04, 2011, 11:22 PM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Australia, QLD, Charters Towers
Joined Dec 2003
17,398 Posts
As a slumbering GWS reseller in Australia, I have to say that one thing that really made it difficult to carry GWS gear was the ordering process. All the paperwork and human errors became very frustrating. If GWS can offer to resellers a web-based ordering page (like a normal shopping page) that would make things a lot simpler - as well as accepting PayPal/MC/VISA directly (because remember a lot of retailers receive payments from clients via PayPal, so a lot of our cashflow goes through there).

There are still a lot of bits and pieces that I would like to acquire via GWS but I just can't be bothered any more to go through the whole manual processing part - it's cumbersome, error prone and highly time consuming.

As for actual GWS products, I think there's still a strong market for the small brushed gear (indoor), but certainly for the normal park flying I think brushed is all but dead. That said I still use it a lot simply because it's fun

GWS servos, props, gearboxes and accessories are still highly relevant, I know my customers still actively seek out GWS branded servos in preference to other brands (especially the pico and naro sizes).

Paul - http://nqrc.com
PLD is offline Find More Posts by PLD
Old Nov 06, 2011, 08:04 AM
nsg
Yardley, PA
Joined Sep 2006
4,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dLdV View Post
Hi nsg! Finally built that model I got from you. Can't remember if it was an A-10 or an ME-262. Anyway, both built.
Heh. Good to know my Me-262 has been put to good use.

I do have an A-10 in the box I plan to build at some point..
nsg is offline Find More Posts by nsg
Old Nov 06, 2011, 08:56 AM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2010
1,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLD View Post
As a slumbering GWS reseller in Australia, I have to say that one thing that really made it difficult to carry GWS gear was the ordering process. All the paperwork and human errors became very frustrating. If GWS can offer to resellers a web-based ordering page (like a normal shopping page) that would make things a lot simpler - as well as accepting PayPal/MC/VISA directly (because remember a lot of retailers receive payments from clients via PayPal, so a lot of our cashflow goes through there).

There are still a lot of bits and pieces that I would like to acquire via GWS but I just can't be bothered any more to go through the whole manual processing part - it's cumbersome, error prone and highly time consuming.

As for actual GWS products, I think there's still a strong market for the small brushed gear (indoor), but certainly for the normal park flying I think brushed is all but dead. That said I still use it a lot simply because it's fun

GWS servos, props, gearboxes and accessories are still highly relevant, I know my customers still actively seek out GWS branded servos in preference to other brands (especially the pico and naro sizes).

Paul - http://nqrc.com
Very true, it's the time for GWS to use PayPal, most of end users and dealers have already applied it. This way can be very helpful for their cashflow. Using web-based ordering page is another good idea, too. Hopefully GWS management team could take your words ASAP.

Chen
twn Chen is offline Find More Posts by twn Chen
Old Nov 06, 2011, 09:49 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Oct 2006
478 Posts
Just picked up a GWS BN2 islander at our clubs auction. Anyone know of a thread on this plane?
trroadster is offline Find More Posts by trroadster
Old Nov 06, 2011, 01:27 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trroadster View Post
Just picked up a GWS BN2 islander at our clubs auction. Anyone know of a thread on this plane?
There's one or two... do a search! One has a couple of examples of conversion to a seaplane (mine is still in progress).
Old Nov 06, 2011, 02:01 PM
Joined Sep 2007
1,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trroadster View Post
here's a video...
GWS Bn2 Edf / Bn2 Islander (2 min 1 sec)

I'd recommend tossing the plastic rod in the wing and replaceing it with a thicker carbon one...

SK
ministeve2003 is offline Find More Posts by ministeve2003
Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:47 AM
Short bursts, Don't waste ammo
United States, GA
Joined Feb 2006
206 Posts
I have a GWS Corsair without a power system. I like the kit because it allows me to customize the plane. The only thing I would change is the canopy as it is way off. I understand GWS for what it is, a park flyer. I believe the no power system option is the way to go as most people I know with a GWS kit customize thier planes anyway.
RCAV8R1964 is offline Find More Posts by RCAV8R1964
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:35 PM
Apache Junction,Arizona
Joined Jul 2003
469 Posts
Yea Sure wish they would get it together again. I still fly my Slow Stick weekly have been for the last 7 years. I have there P-51, BN2, ME262 and Pico stick, Formose, The big 400 Tiger Moth. and I have upgraded them all to Brushless and they all fly really well. So come on GWS lets go already.
sdjb is offline Find More Posts by sdjb
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:47 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Oct 2006
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ministeve2003 View Post
here's a video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I8E-qmeMS8

I'd recommend tossing the plastic rod in the wing and replaceing it with a thicker carbon one...

SK
Thanks steve
trroadster is offline Find More Posts by trroadster