SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by GWS CHEN, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 09:19 AM
If it's R/C, it's all good.
USA, WI, Wausau
Joined Jul 2005
1,048 Posts
How about some GWS versions of seaplanes like this? You have none in your lineup right now.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16548
hpiguy is offline Find More Posts by hpiguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:25 PM
Woodsy
Drouin, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
2,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvertt View Post
Would also like to see them in black and or grey. Not too many quad copters out there with bright orange props.
Good idea, all the multi blade GWS props are available in Black & Grey
woodsy is offline Find More Posts by woodsy
Old Apr 03, 2011, 10:43 AM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,639 Posts
OK its been two years since this thread started. Has GWS taken any of the advice from their customers? What has GWS done differently?

I heard the Bf-109 was going to be done in EPO but I don't think it ever was. As far as I can see the only warbirds that have been done in EPO are the P-40 and the FW-190. I cannot find an EPO FW anywhere. If I could find an EPO
T-6, I would buy it now.

Alan
GiusedtoBe is online now Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Apr 03, 2011, 12:52 PM
On the Edge of Space
Exit 4, South Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiusedtoBe View Post
OK its been two years since this thread started. Has GWS taken any of the advice from their customers? What has GWS done differently?

I heard the Bf-109 was going to be done in EPO but I don't think it ever was. As far as I can see the only warbirds that have been done in EPO are the P-40 and the FW-190. I cannot find an EPO FW anywhere. If I could find an EPO
T-6, I would buy it now.

Alan
They do offer an ARF E Starter, I think it is also in EPO?
dLdV is offline Find More Posts by dLdV
Old Apr 03, 2011, 02:10 PM
USA, WI, Wausau
Joined Jul 2005
1,048 Posts
Quote:

T-6, I would buy it now.

Alan
They did work on some props for the quad copter guys.

Which is kind of annoying that they spend so much time catering to such a tiny part of the hobby, yet ignoring the enormous electric plane crowds (their bread and butter customers) almost entirely aside from swapping to EPO.

Guan-Li and other Chinese companies are making dirt cheap new foamie kits left and right. And pretty good stuff at that. Their new CL-415 is awesome looking and it's prepainted. A nice kit you can power yourself, and includes all the pushrods, props, spinners, etc.

GWS is going backward with all white kits.

Evolve, adapt or get left behind.
Old Apr 03, 2011, 02:28 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
They did work on some props for the quad copter guys.

Which is kind of annoying that they spend so much time catering to such a tiny part of the hobby, yet ignoring the enormous electric plane crowds (their bread and butter customers) almost entirely aside from swapping to EPO.

Guan-Li and other Chinese companies are making dirt cheap new foamie kits left and right. And pretty good stuff at that. Their new CL-415 is awesome looking and it's prepainted. A nice kit you can power yourself, and includes all the pushrods, props, spinners, etc.

GWS is going backward with all white kits.

Evolve, adapt or get left behind.
I actually prefer the all white kits. If GWS made all of the WWII fighters in EPO in the size of the FW and the P-40, I'd probably own all of them. I do not know all of the market dynamics but there is a core on RCG that loves kits. This market is barely catered to at all now.
GiusedtoBe is online now Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Apr 03, 2011, 02:41 PM
USA, WI, Wausau
Joined Jul 2005
1,048 Posts
I would tend to agree, white kits have a place. But the entire product line, and only non painted stuff?

Maybe the painted stuff is coming out later. We'll see.
Old Apr 04, 2011, 05:03 AM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2010
1,215 Posts
Quote:

T-6, I would buy it now.

Alan
Hi Alan,

If I recall them correctly GWS has released many EPO kits since two more years ago. They were P-40, AT-6, FW-190, GWS-15, Formosa and Estarter, but the RTF Estarter was still with the older EPS foams. Caliber hobby should carry all of these kits. All of these kits were all white ones.

Chen
twn Chen is offline Find More Posts by twn Chen
Old Apr 04, 2011, 09:12 AM
USA, NY, Buffalo
Joined Dec 2007
619 Posts
I also prefer unpainted kits. I hate when everyones planes look the same.
thrashmaster71 is offline Find More Posts by thrashmaster71
Old Apr 04, 2011, 02:05 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twn Chen View Post
Hi Alan,

If I recall them correctly GWS has released many EPO kits since two more years ago. They were P-40, AT-6, FW-190, GWS-15, Formosa and Estarter, but the RTF Estarter was still with the older EPS foams. Caliber hobby should carry all of these kits. All of these kits were all white ones.

Chen
Hi Chen!

You mention the RTF ES kit was still in EPS! Now that's really peculiar thinking by GWS! A newbie would be more like to get the RTF, and be much more likely to crash, and the EPO foam would be in his favor, especially with the ES with it's high lift wing to help carry the added weight. I'm in the crowd that prefers a light wing loading, especially on warbirds which already have a higher wing loading from the semi-scale proportions. Nothing that GWS is doing (and not doing) these days makes any sense, and is probably why the cash flow is still unable to support new plane development.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Apr 05, 2011, 11:45 AM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2010
1,215 Posts
Hi Tom,

Probably the current batch of the RTF Estarter is with EPO foam, but from what I noticed three more months ago that all of these RTF ES kits were still with EPS foam, as they were the old batch ones. Hopefully GWS already made it and got the cash flow better. I did notice that EPO Formosa and Estarter (NPS kits) were becoming hot right before my leaving.

Chen
Old Apr 05, 2011, 04:44 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twn Chen View Post
Hi Tom,

Probably the current batch of the RTF Estarter is with EPO foam, but from what I noticed three more months ago that all of these RTF ES kits were still with EPS foam, as they were the old batch ones. Hopefully GWS already made it and got the cash flow better. I did notice that EPO Formosa and Estarter (NPS kits) were becoming hot right before my leaving.

Chen
Hi Chen,
When the production of planes in EPO foam was first announced in this forum, I asked if they would still be produced in EPS since many of us still prefer that. I can't recall if it was you or Mr. Lin himself who replied, but I do remember it was said that EPS versions would continue to be produced as well. It's looking like maybe that is not the case.

Still waiting for the BeaverII to make it's debut...
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Apr 07, 2011, 09:38 AM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2010
1,215 Posts
Hi Tom,

If I recall the posts correctly Mr. Lin said that the EPS version will still be produced if there are big enough orders. Were I you I'd forget this idea. The only way to get the EPS kit is buying the RTF one. It's not with brushless set up though.

Hopefully the Beaver II is with the good priority.

Chen
Old Jun 22, 2011, 09:44 AM
United States, NE, Hebron
Joined Nov 2008
1,015 Posts
FMS is filling the gap nicely and is blowing the doors off of GWS.. which is a shame. but the FMS models are beautiful. they have even made advances in the epo foam.. now it all looks much smoother with out the little rounds or dimples on the skin. and making these birds in the 55" range now were talking..

gws even if you came out with a new line it probably wont compare.. So sad to see a company quit producing.

don't get me wrong i love my gws birds. but to have a thread like this and never do anything with such large feed back well i guess its your loss.

i loved flying before i bought a GWS bird and i still love to fly. i love the war birds mostly and i think FMS fills that void of the GWS bird.

anyways cant believe there is anyone that thinks that gws is going to build something now..

later Andrew K
57sailplane is offline Find More Posts by 57sailplane
Old Sep 03, 2011, 01:08 PM
NC
Joined Aug 2004
1,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57sailplane View Post
FMS is filling the gap nicely and is blowing the doors off of GWS.. which is a shame. but the FMS models are beautiful. they have even made advances in the epo foam.. now it all looks much smoother with out the little rounds or dimples on the skin. and making these birds in the 55" range now were talking..

gws even if you came out with a new line it probably wont compare.. So sad to see a company quit producing.

don't get me wrong i love my gws birds. but to have a thread like this and never do anything with such large feed back well i guess its your loss.

i loved flying before i bought a GWS bird and i still love to fly. i love the war birds mostly and i think FMS fills that void of the GWS bird.

anyways cant believe there is anyone that thinks that gws is going to build something now..

later Andrew K
I share your frustration. I went looking for a Tiger Moth kit online yesterday and was really disappointed to discover that it has been discontinued and isn't available anywhere as a kit. I'm also in the camp that prefers EPS foam and would love to see GWS continue to produce EPS kits. But it looks like GWS simply doesn't want any business, outside of propeller sales. It's a shame - GWS was king at one point, and for good reason: Their products were good.

Oh well.
spencer6891 is offline Find More Posts by spencer6891