HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by GWS CHEN, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 06:18 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420RcPilot View Post
I am guessing these are not made by GWS.....although the title says its GWS props

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...t=&LiPoConfig=

But I am very pleased someone could see the market.....gonna grab a load of these now!

If this was done by GWS: Thumbs up!
Does anyone have experiences with the listed GWS 10x6 / 10x6R props from hobbyking ? I just put some in my shopping basket. Will see how they work with my Dt-750 motors when they arrive - so far I've been using tilted GWS 11x4.7. With Chinese New Year just ahead my order may take a while to get here though.
OpticalFlow is offline Find More Posts by OpticalFlow
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2011, 09:11 PM
formosa
Joined Feb 2009
160 Posts
GWS does not supply 1060R (counter rotating 2-blade) at this moment. This 2-blade R is not GWS products. All GWS 3-blade propeller have reverse rotating ones.
gws roger is offline Find More Posts by gws roger
Old Feb 23, 2011, 09:26 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gws roger View Post
All GWS 3-blade propeller have reverse rotating ones.
I haven't tried all of the 3-bladed GWS props, but the one size I did try was so horribly unbalanced as to be unuseable. Having to put tape almost the full length of two blades was a bit more than I bargained for!
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Feb 25, 2011, 07:19 PM
formosa
Joined Feb 2009
160 Posts
What is the size? We will check the same size our side to see if there is the same problem.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 07:54 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,196 Posts
Quote:
What is the size? We will check the same size our side to see if there is the same problem.
It's an HD-8040x3. You can see the tape added to two blades to get reasonable balance with a magnetic suspension balancer. To be this far out, the shaft hole must not be centered. I never used the prop.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:41 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Oct 2006
463 Posts
Roger
do you work fro GWS?
trroadster is offline Find More Posts by trroadster
Old Mar 01, 2011, 12:05 AM
formosa
Joined Feb 2009
160 Posts
yes., I would like to say hello to all you. I joined GWS team early this year. I hope to listen to more of your feed back., opinions and also I will let you know any new improvement., new products we have .
Old Mar 01, 2011, 12:08 AM
formosa
Joined Feb 2009
160 Posts
hi Tom., I have not tested this size yet. I will check this with our related dept to see that the problem is.
Old Mar 01, 2011, 12:25 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,196 Posts
Quote:
hi Tom., I have not tested this size yet. I will check this with our related dept to see that the problem is.
Hello Roger, and good luck in your new role.

If you have spent much time browsing this forum, you'll know that the things most all of us want to see more than anything else, is new planes. And not just re-release of old ones in EPO. But this should not come as news.

If this is out of the question due to tooling costs, I don't see much else new that will generate much excitement from the old GWS crowd, which is mostly what you'll see visiting this forum. Newcomers are few and far between because your product is not in many local Hobby Shops, the larger web stores do not carry them or spare parts, and you don't advertise, so newbies have no exposure to what you have. Sad but true, and out of your control, I'm sure.

But, I think your props, especially the DD/HD series still are more widely available and still have many fans. I use them a lot, but they still need improvement, as that 3 blade balance issue shows. Other prop improvements that have been asked for MANY times in this forum are prop shaft inserts for all your props like the 3-blade pros have (so we don't have to drill them out to fit the collet adaptor shafts, and more variety in pitch selection for a given diameter for the DD/HD props.

Anyway, again, good luck...
Old Mar 01, 2011, 01:54 AM
formosa
Joined Feb 2009
160 Posts
hi Tom., Thanks for your valuable suggestions and opinioins. We do have inserts for the 3-blade props. Please check if it is available easily near you. As to the issue concerns most of us., the new planes. We do have a list of new airplanes to produce and I assure you this is a good list so far., what we are doing is try to improve our turnover that we can have the tooling start very soon. Mr. Lin likes to make new planes. I believe he will not let us down eventually.
Old Mar 01, 2011, 02:32 AM
formosa
Joined Feb 2009
160 Posts
prop insert

prop inserts as attached
Old Mar 01, 2011, 02:37 AM
formosa
Joined Feb 2009
160 Posts
insert

did I make it?
Old Mar 01, 2011, 04:30 AM
formosa
Joined Feb 2009
160 Posts
prop insert

as attached
Old Mar 01, 2011, 12:24 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,196 Posts
Quote:
as attached
Yes, but we want those for your other 2-bladed DD/HD props! I use the DD 10x6 and 9x5 props a lot, but have to drill them out for my collet adaptors which I use on most all my planes. Those adaptors have 5mm shafts.

And how about some DD/HD 9x6 and 9x7 props so we can get more speed, for example. Ditto for the other diameters. Also FWIW, I don't use your slowfly props because they are too flimsy and have hubs that are too small to be drilled out safely. I use APC props, all of which have prop shaft inserts and have stiffer baldes.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 05:21 AM
Joined Aug 2007
4,081 Posts
Not sure if this would be easy to do but it would be great to see some of the GWS slow-fly props 9 and 8 inch made in a pusher/counter clockwise configuration.

Would be great for all the smaller quads which seam to be popular these days. Would also like to see them in black and or grey. Not too many quad copters out there with bright orange props.

Slow-fly is generally more desirable for quadcopters over the direct drive or three bladed type.
RCvertt is offline Find More Posts by RCvertt
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Chupacabra sighting !!!