SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by GWS CHEN, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 09, 2009, 05:59 PM
racie34
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Profanity).
Old Apr 09, 2009, 11:57 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,518 Posts
I guess my new love affair w/ GWS...

was'nt meant to be.

I'm new to RC but built many a model years ago when I was younger and am currently putting the GWS ME 262 together and am very impressed with the quality and completeness of this kit. I also have a ME 109 on the way.

I think most of the comments about brushless and lipo are good but to me the thing that drew me to GWS was the unique model designs and by that I mean models that no one else is making to my knowledge in the park flyer/foamie category.

Everybody and their brother makes a P 51 but who makes: Russian WWII planes Mig, LaGG, Sturmovik etc. , Bell Airacobra, Stuka, Ki 61 Tony or Oscar.....how about a Japanese Raiden?

Upgrade your power systems like others have said and when possible upgrade your older kits to the larger size of the ME 262, P-40 and the FW 190.

Why not make a RTF version of your FW 190, P-40 and ME 262 and kick the crap out of ParkZone?

If the ship gets righted, how about some models like the ones I mentioned that rarely if ever get modelled?

Good Luck,
Alan
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Apr 12, 2009, 10:50 AM
Der Flieger kommt schnell
Staten Island
Joined Jun 2005
383 Posts
This is a link to a thread where it shows popular GWS kits.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=981203

While it probably does not show actual sales, it can show future projections.
I voted the F4U as my favorite due to the way it flies and handles in the air.
Some may have voted for it because of the looks.
If I was a newbie, I would look at this and say, "Wow, alot of people voted for the F4U, maybe that will be my next GWS plane!"

I definately think that this is a plane GWS should make as a RTF package.
WWIFlyin'Ace is offline Find More Posts by WWIFlyin'Ace
Old Apr 12, 2009, 01:59 PM
United States, NE, Hebron
Joined Nov 2008
997 Posts
gws, have you guys produced any knew planes since the beginning of the year? are any planes being molded since the begining of the year?
57sailplane is offline Find More Posts by 57sailplane
Old Apr 12, 2009, 03:06 PM
Bourg-en-Bresse, FRANCE
Joined Mar 2005
407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS CHEN
Ideas for increasing GWS' presence on market at minimum cost
I think people just need to find GWS products (planes and rc stuffs) in their local hobby shop, to be able to buy them (and make GWS earn money)...

then (when the shop are full of GWS products), GWS need to put adds in the RC newspaper, to make people aware of GWS products...

no need to improve anything, cost near to ZERO !!!

Let's GO !!!
sebsoupe is offline Find More Posts by sebsoupe
Old Apr 12, 2009, 10:47 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebsoupe
I think people just need to find GWS products (planes and rc stuffs) in their local hobby shop, to be able to buy them (and make GWS earn money)...

then (when the shop are full of GWS products), GWS need to put adds in the RC newspaper, to make people aware of GWS products...

Let's GO !!!
This is true, the only GWS plane in the only Hobby Shop in my town is the Slow Stick which I'm sure is fine but if they had the warbirds, I would have bought more. I had to seek out GWS.

Another point: I would imagine that the vast majority of people would say that flying characteristics are the most important but in reality the pretty package sells a lot of people. Before I saw the reviews and video's of the ME 262 and the FW 190, my impression of GWS was cheap junk. As somebody new to RC I think it would be important to have ALL of the pictures of your products, showing them in the best possible light, ie with great paint schemes and well put together. Dump the things that make them look cheap like those hideous ultra lite wheels. Those things scream "Toy". Scale foam landing gear would not be expensive and neither would something loke a fake radial engine for the Corsair and the FW 190. Attention to little details like that would increase sales without adding much to the costs side of the balance sheet.

Regards,
Alan
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Apr 13, 2009, 01:27 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57sailplane
gws, have you guys produced any knew planes since the beginning of the year? are any planes being molded since the begining of the year?
Owing to budget issues, the only airplane has been discussed would be the flat Me-163, this might be the cheapest R/C kit ever made by GWS if there's an "Yes" coming from my boss.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old Apr 13, 2009, 01:30 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebsoupe

Let's GO !!!
Yes, I agree that marketing of all GWS products is very critical. Thank you.

Chen
Old Apr 13, 2009, 01:43 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,697 Posts
Hi Alan,

Thank you for your words. Yes, improving the quality on those little details could make these kits much better. Like what Roger suggested earlier, this idea could also add more dollars on the retail prices. We'll discuss this idea with R&D people and boss to see if there's any cost effective way. Thank you.

Chen
Old Apr 13, 2009, 02:03 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,697 Posts
Hi WWIFlyin'Ace,

Thank you, yes, F-4U Cosair again, this fighter has been repeatedly mentioned by many friends here. Yes, Cosair might be the good challenge, the next bird, for beginner who have the experienced friend to help by his/her side. I'll certainly keep R&D staffs and Boss informed of your suggestion, the RTF one. Thank you

Chen
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:27 AM
Der Flieger kommt schnell
Staten Island
Joined Jun 2005
383 Posts
Since most companies have done away with brushed motors,
why don't GWS reengine their older kits with brushless power.
Even if GWS needs to raise the price on these kits.

The current brushed power kits should be sold at NPS prices.
That should get rid of inventory.

As I preruse some websites, I have noticed that the NPS are harder to find.
I just figured that this is a good way to get rid of old stock.
WWIFlyin'Ace is offline Find More Posts by WWIFlyin'Ace
Old Apr 13, 2009, 12:06 PM
nsg
Yardley, PA
Joined Sep 2006
4,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWIFlyin'Ace
The current brushed power kits should be sold at NPS prices.
That should get rid of inventory.
My 2x300 brushed GWS-38 was actually cheaper than NPS at Tower... and that's before I sold the brushed motors
nsg is offline Find More Posts by nsg
Old Apr 13, 2009, 06:17 PM
Joined Sep 2008
47 Posts
If you have an overstock in the warehouse then I think the answer is LOWERING your prices.

About 2 months ago I saw the GWS-109 on a web site for $29 (NPS White). I ordered 2 because I had never seen them that cheap and I had read online that people liked them so much that they went through two or three of the planes over the years. At that price I figured I would get one, build it, fly the heck out of it, then build the second at a later date and detail it out for the long haul.

I now see that at the same web site they are $42.75 (and out of stock). I was willing to spend $58 on 2 planes but not $42 on 1.

You have to have enough on hand and in stock at a low enough price for somone to buy them without having to stop and think about it.
ProwlerMarine is offline Find More Posts by ProwlerMarine
Old Apr 13, 2009, 08:10 PM
Woodsy
Drouin, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
2,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProwlerMarine
If you have an overstock in the warehouse then I think the answer is LOWERING your prices.

About 2 months ago I saw the GWS-109 on a web site for $29 (NPS White). I ordered 2 because I had never seen them that cheap and I had read online that people liked them so much that they went through two or three of the planes over the years. At that price I figured I would get one, build it, fly the heck out of it, then build the second at a later date and detail it out for the long haul.

I now see that at the same web site they are $42.75 (and out of stock). I was willing to spend $58 on 2 planes but not $42 on 1.

You have to have enough on hand and in stock at a low enough price for somone to buy them without having to stop and think about it.
I can probably answer this.
the prices Ex GWS factory are VERY reasonable for what you get in the kit, a HUGE part of the cost is freight and on costs (import duties, tax, local warehousing, etc) and then the profit for the importer and retailer.
woodsy is offline Find More Posts by woodsy
Old Apr 14, 2009, 02:40 AM
Bourg-en-Bresse, FRANCE
Joined Mar 2005
407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsy
I can probably answer this.
the prices Ex GWS factory are VERY reasonable for what you get in the kit, a HUGE part of the cost is freight and on costs (import duties, tax, local warehousing, etc) and then the profit for the importer and retailer.
you forgot the 30% raise of price between 2008 and 2009???... (and +150% for shipping from GWS Taiwan)
sebsoupe is offline Find More Posts by sebsoupe