HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by GWS CHEN, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 03, 2009, 07:48 AM
New to RC Flying
Pasir Ris, Singapore
Joined Jan 2008
43 Posts
my 2 cents on GWS - Update kits for brushless power instead of brushed.

I started in this hobby with a GWS Beaver. Nice plane. And from the beginning I was working with brushless and lipos.

Everyone I knew have to do some modifications with additional materials/tools to ensure GWS products can take brushless. That includes me, carving foam to fit a lipo batt.

Lots of makers make US planes. You can buck the trend and make Russian, Chinese and European planes.
Jack_Chen is offline Find More Posts by Jack_Chen
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2009, 11:35 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,700 Posts
Hi Jack,

Thank you for your words.
There're GWS Tiger Moth, Pico TM, Pico Stick, Spitfire, Me-109, Zero, Beaver, BN-2, Me-262, FW-190 and J-10. All of these are not USA ones. But there'd be budget issue again if any of new birds that need to be moulded.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old May 03, 2009, 12:51 PM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFLYR
Yes, there are too many stickys. I don't like the main forum page finally starting clean down at the bottom.
It gets my vote too. One of the things it does is remind people how long it's been since there was anything new.

Chen can access the sticky's - let's clean 'em up please Chen!
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old May 04, 2009, 03:07 AM
Bourg-en-Bresse, FRANCE
Joined Mar 2005
407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFLYR
Yes, there are too many stickys. I don't like the main forum page finally starting clean down at the bottom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard
It gets my vote too. One of the things it does is remind people how long it's been since there was anything new.

Chen can access the sticky's - let's clean 'em up please Chen!
+1

the only sticky that must be here now is this thread
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1026792
sebsoupe is offline Find More Posts by sebsoupe
Old May 04, 2009, 05:09 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,700 Posts
Hi Friends,

I'll certainly discuss this idea with Boss then do what the decision we make. Thank you very much for the reminder.

Chen
Old May 04, 2009, 06:18 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
It seems to me that Mr Lin is micro managing every aspect and decision of the company. Every single suggestion seems to have to run past him - I also haven't seen one single suggestion in this forum implemented.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old May 04, 2009, 05:53 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged
It seems to me that Mr Lin is micro managing every aspect and decision of the company. Every single suggestion seems to have to run past him - I also haven't seen one single suggestion in this forum implemented.
and you probably wont
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old May 04, 2009, 09:07 PM
Rocky Mountain High
Colorado
Joined Nov 2006
197 Posts
This thread and another which is very similar has presented many constructive suggestions for GWS.

So far; no action; no commitment; nothing new on the horizon.

My customers are going to other manufacturers for their new purchases.
mtnflyer44 is offline Find More Posts by mtnflyer44
RCG Plus Member
Old May 04, 2009, 10:09 PM
nsg
Yardley, PA
Joined Sep 2006
4,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnflyer44
This thread and another which is very similar has presented many constructive suggestions for GWS.

So far; no action; no commitment; nothing new on the horizon.

My customers are going to other manufacturers for their new purchases.
The thread is one month old. I don't think it is reasonable to expect action that soon.

That said, it is entirely possible this thread will result in no action. Well - at least we tried...
nsg is offline Find More Posts by nsg
Old May 05, 2009, 04:29 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,700 Posts
Hi nsg and Friends,

Most of your valued suggestions have been viewed and discussed by GWS though we're working more on servos and another electronic stuffs by now. We'll certainly take your words into our account when needed. Boss has marked many good words on his plans with thanks.

As for the sticky threads, they have been a part of good presence of GWS kits. Boss and staffs of GWS appreciate these threads so much that these will be kept sticky longer. We'll further discuss this in the future to see if some of them have to be replaced by others. Thank you for your suggestion.

Chen
Old May 05, 2009, 05:50 AM
GPT
Sydney,Australia
Joined Dec 2004
1,601 Posts
I hate to say it because many here have spent time offering very good feedback to GWS ,but I think we are all wasting our time.

GWS will stay the same (who knows how long for) no matter what we suggest to them. Lots of talk from them as always ,no action as always!
GPT is online now Find More Posts by GPT
Old May 05, 2009, 05:56 AM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
South Australia
Joined Jan 2008
6,072 Posts
Why doesn't GWS (insert good suggestion here).
Standard GWS response : Thankyou all for your suggestions. Will discuss at meeting with boss.
Then...........................

Unsubscribing.
ozzi supercub is offline Find More Posts by ozzi supercub
Old May 05, 2009, 09:51 AM
nsg
Yardley, PA
Joined Sep 2006
4,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS CHEN
Hi nsg and Friends,

Most of your valued suggestions have been viewed and discussed by GWS though we're working more on servos and another electronic stuffs by now. We'll certainly take your words into our account when needed. Boss has marked many good words on his plans with thanks.
Chen -

I, for one, am not looking for instant changes. I will be looking for at least some suggestions implemented within a year or so. The frustration being vented here - by old GWS customers - is very understandable, though, and should be a significant concern for GWS.
nsg is offline Find More Posts by nsg
Old May 05, 2009, 11:16 AM
Rocky Mountain High
Colorado
Joined Nov 2006
197 Posts
My post was a direct result of my frustration with GWS.

GWS started threads for the Mig15, F86, U2 and others stating these would be released soon.

That was in early 2008
mtnflyer44 is offline Find More Posts by mtnflyer44
RCG Plus Member
Old May 05, 2009, 11:24 AM
Der Flieger kommt schnell
Staten Island
Joined Jun 2005
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsg
Chen -

I, for one, am not looking for instant changes. I will be looking for at least some suggestions implemented within a year or so.
Well, if some of these changes don't happen soon, GWS will just lose more ground.
I don't think there are too many modelers out there that is willing to buy a P51, Zero, Corsair, TigerMoth, ME109, etc,etc,etc....
with a brushed motor.

Other Manufacturers have stopped putting brushed motors in their models 2 years ago.

GWS should have done this (put brushless motors) with their new batches of the said above planes last year at the latest.
Or only offer their old brushed motored planes at NPS prices just to get rid of old inventory.
WWIFlyin'Ace is offline Find More Posts by WWIFlyin'Ace