SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 30, 2009, 09:22 PM
Fly it like you stole it!
Rosamond,Ca
Joined Jun 2008
630 Posts
Question
click click click?

I hope this is the right forum for this but any way I have a parkzone corsair and I just flew into a tree It fell to the ground nose first and the motor took a hard hit. It still runs but the plane shakes and it makes a clicking sound when it runs, is it just the shaft? Any help is much appreciated Thanks!
SamB125 is offline Find More Posts by SamB125
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2009, 09:18 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,716 Posts
Sure sounds like it to me.
But the motor housing or gearbox frame, if you have a geardrive, could be buggered up too.
You'll have to pull it out and check it over.
earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Gaui X3's
Old Mar 31, 2009, 11:02 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2007
5,211 Posts
Could be the shaft bent, prop hub bent, both bent, firewall damaged, junk (dirt) in the motor, or the bearings got slammed and now brinnelled (little dents in the races). Combination of all of the above.
earl's right-time to take it apart and figure out what you bent/broke.
flydiver is offline Find More Posts by flydiver
Old Mar 31, 2009, 12:24 PM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,347 Posts
Pull the retainer clip off the back of the motor and pull the rotor out. Inspect the stator for scrapes. Also inspect you magnets. Then spin the rotor just in front of the stator and view the motor from the back. Look for wobble of the rotor.

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
RCG Plus Member